Ferrari LaFerrari - the next Special Limited Series | Page 28 | FerrariChat

Ferrari LaFerrari - the next Special Limited Series

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Peloton25, Mar 4, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    1. Name: I do not have a problem with the name "La Ferrari". In Italian it means "The Ferrari". No? That is not outlandish or silly at all. A sillier name might be "Scuderia". Say that in english, "My Ferrari F430 "Stable"". THAT sounds silly. Maybe my Ferrari F430 "Barn" would sound better...?

2. Looks: This car is very new and will take time to understand. This is the way for all great deign and art. "There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." Sir Francis Bacon. I truly believe this. I don't like cars designs that I "get" immediately". For me those don't typically age well. (Ferrari HAS produced some). When I look at Le Ferrari next to the 918, P1, Hyururarya, it immediately dates them.

2. Riddler7

Riddler7 Rookie

Mar 3, 2013
    If we are thinking of the same person, Horacio Pagani is Argentinian.

3. poppy84

poppy84 Formula Junior

Oct 19, 2005
    Italy & Paris
    Full Name:
    Andrea
    No more push rod on this LaFerrari: front quadrangle and rear multilink suspension system. That's the same system of the California!

4. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Maybe it is too early (yes it is) but i would like to see an XX version of it.! Holy cow.!!

5. Ferrari FXX

Ferrari FXX Formula Junior

Jun 27, 2007
    I don't have a problem with the name, its their language. Ferrari wasn't an englishmen.

It means "THE FERRARI". That's what I'm going to call it THE FERRARI, people ask what does that mean, THE ONE thats the fastest in the stable by far.

6. Wolfgang5150

Wolfgang5150 F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    The proof if this cars success is in the numbers. The sales numbers. With the initial reports being that all 499 are sold, and Mclaren cutting production to 375, THE Ferrari is the winner here. I think Mclaren will struggle to sell 100 of the P1's. they just dont have that big of a customer base to work from.
    We can argue until the end of time - and probably will - over the stylings, but the proof is in the $$ generated.
    Kevin

7. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    #682 Napolis, Mar 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    No Ferrari P 4/5 by pininfarina's Nose opening was JC's homage to the 333 Sp. I was never really happy with it and changed the entire nose a lot on P 4/5 Competizione reducing the inlet and making the fenders a lot more LMP. We would have gone even more LMP with the fenders but I felt it wasn't as classically beautiful with the fenders from the brake line inwards being more LMP and the organisers wouldn't let us anyway. P 4/5 Competizione's nose is a LOT more aerodynamically efficient than Ferrari P 4/5 by pininfarina nose.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/142150464-post7979.html
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. gregh

gregh Karting

Dec 7, 2004
    Farnborough, Hants
    Full Name:
    Greg Hurst
    Front view - I like
    Rear view - I like
    Above view -I like
    Side view - looks like it has hunched shoulders, a la RamMan from Masters of the Universe and it just doesn't work [that view may grow on me, but its not started to yet...]

Overall score, from me, who knows nothing about Design or Marketing a brand, 8/10

9. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    +1. It looks very aggressive and badass in Nero.

I love the back 3/4 of the car, but the front seems to not be consistent with the rest of the F70's design (I refuse to use the name plastered on the rear of the car). That said, I'm certain it will be a stunner anywhere it is seen.

10. Gmaccormack

Gmaccormack Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2010
    So is the f70 moniker going to have staying power now that we know they messed up the offical name?

11. Ferrari FXX

Ferrari FXX Formula Junior

Jun 27, 2007
    One more thing. I'd be willing to bet 1,000 bucks, 9 or 10 years from now the next halo car will be named the F75.

I can hardly wait for that car, 75 years of Ferrari heritage and know how in 1 car. I believe I've figured out Ferrari's formula for these cars.

288GTO

F40 then evolution of the F40 into the F50

Enzo, completely new styling evolves into THE FERRARI

F75 we'll have a totally new style

12. graeme355

graeme355 Formula Junior

Jun 30, 2004
    #687 graeme355, Mar 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    To my preference, the design would look better if the front splitter/wing was lengthened to meet the painted part of the bodywork.

Something like this -

13. deppi0

deppi0 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Edmondo
    What do you read into his body language? It's his usual cross armed attitude ;-)

14. asianbond

asianbond Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Full Name:
    Chris
    seeing it again,front nose intake is "crude", that's the word I would use.

15. Dimitar

Dimitar Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2007
    Boston
  16. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    The car has no resemblance to the 458 and the side profile is amazing, the photo's flatten the depth and do not give the car the proper perspective. You have to see this car in person to fully appreciate what they have accomplished.

17. Emil

Emil Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2006
    Solihull
    Full Name:
    Emil Ahmed
    Not to sure I like the way it looks yet..

P1 looks better design wise IMO

18. Tifosi15

Tifosi15 Formula 3

Jul 15, 2009
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    But that's exactly what I'm saying, P4/5 the road car was very classically beautiful but not as aerodynamic as P4/5C after the wide opening nose, which sacrifices all of the beauty for function. With all due respect.

While the LF is not the most beautiful car ever created it blends well classic features with the modern aero must haves.

Mclaren P1 is a great looking modern car with a super futuristic and almost aquatic look to it, but it lacks any sort of human element and does not appeal in any sort of romantic sense. The Porsche 918 is very conservative in this company but has it's own cool look to it. While not really pushing any boundaries stylistically it has the traditional Porsche look to it but in a modern interpretation.

19. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Are you trying to talk rationally on Fchat about a new Ferrari design????

20. Tenney

Tenney F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2001
    Worked for Sirhan?

21. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    It's better looking than any car in their current line up.

It's certainly better looking than the P1 and probably on par with the Pagani with a more serious drivetrain and interior.

Sorry Jim... it is better looking than the P4/5 but not by much. Then again, they had several years of practice! :)

22. Far Out

Far Out F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2007
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Florian
    "La Ferrari" I could live with.
    "LaFerrari" is stupid, imho.

23. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    I take your point and agree that LMP1 fender trenches are much better aero wise they don't look as nice/classically beautiful.

( P 4/5 C's nose inlet is a lot smaller than Ferrari P 4/5 by Pininfarina's)

24. GHG

GHG Formula 3

Jan 29, 2008
    Can we stop mentioning the name? This machine is incredible, let's enjoy it and stop with the silly nitpicking.