Ferrari is the worse brand ! Ferrari Stolen From Newport ! | FerrariChat
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Benignetti-Scarfiotti

BANNED

Dec 22, 2017
    Full Name:
    Ferrari Has The Worst Customer Service !
    Our Italian Family which Has a Long History of Racing for Ferrari in the past had our 2015 ($340,000 new) FERRARI 458 Italia Spider STOLEN & DESTROYED Because of FERRARI / MASERATI NEWPORT BEACH SERVICE CENTER'S GROSS NEGLIGENCE & INCOMPETENCE !

If this happens to you don't expect any Customer Service from Ferrari Maserati Newport Beach or The Ferrari Brand North America.

You will only end up with the depreciated value of your car, and then be told what a great deal you got on a car you never intended to sell.

They Have The Worse Customer Service of any High End Brand ! Pathetic ! We reached out to the Ferrari North America Service, and their response was to work with the dealer to pay full MSRP for a new car, even after we told them we did not want to deal with this dealer ever. What a Joke ! HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE ! They even said upper management would look into it, and reach out. Never Happened !

WHAT CAN BE EXPECTED From The Ferrari Newport Beach if Your Car Gets STOLEN From Them...?

In Our Case: They Will Tell You They Will Call You Right Back, or Get You an Answer, and It Will Drag On an On.

After 21 Days Ferrari Newport Beach offered us a new 488 at MSRP FULL STICKER PRICE with a 6 month delivery or a discount on a used car. Wow ! We could buy a new car at $80,000 - $100,000 more. One example of a discount on a used car we were offered was $5,000 off a Used California T. Pathetic !

They would not discount a new car one dime after letting our car get completely trashed....!!!!!!

We gave them a month to take care of the situation, and The Owner Never Called To Apologize !

We felt like The happy-to-your-face GM gave us a BS Story the whole time. Don't expect him to call you back even after he said he will. The owner's son also said he would get us a price on 4 used cars, and never called back. The GM also gave us a very hard time even calling us a Liar for Driving 900 miles on a California T after we had it 21 days with over 100 miles were driving to them ! I guess we were suppose to leave it in the garage after they got our car trashed, and look at it ? Also they should have given us a 458 loaner or equivalent. They took the loaner back 10 days before the Insurance even settled. Ripped off again ! They Have The Absolute Worse Customer Service on The Planet ! Do Not Give Them Your Hard Earned Money ! We Trusted Them ! Never Again !

Heres what happened after The Beautiful Mint Condition, Low Mileage Work of Art Gets STOLEN by a Thief and his Girlfriend because of Ferrari Newport Beach Service Center's GROSS NEGLIGENCE !

They Completely DESTROYED the CAR....!!!!!
    It was Driven Recklessly for 14 Days & 1400 Miles All Over OC.
    Broken Paddle Shifter !
    Destroyed Gear Box !
    Destroyed Rear Diffuser. Broke and Cracked the Fins !
    Tore off the AC / Heat Knobs !
    Tore off The Ferrari Shield !
    Destroyed The Rims !
    Burnt all the Rubber off all Tires !
    Tore Out The Gas / Trunk Button !
    Sold All The Ferrari Accessories !
    Chopped up the Dash Board !
    Cracked & Damaged The Front End in Two Areas !
    Scratched Up Outside !
    Tore Engine Emblem off !
    Ripped The Rubber Seal Off The Door !
    Trashed The Interior & Exterior !
    Smoked Meth inside, and Left Drug Remnants All Over !
    Puked all Over The Car !
    Left Their Scumbag Smell All Over The Car !
    Left Their Garbage in The Trunk !

The Thief's Drove 157 MPH on Freeway The Day They Were Busted Ran Out of Gas off the Freeway & Were Begging For Gas Money When They Got Busted !

The way Ferrari Newport Beach prices it's used cars is a racket that should be investigated by the Attorney General.

The Ferrari / Maserati Newport Beach Service Center Left the Keys Sitting in the 458 inside the Service Center and a thief walked through their totally unsecured service center and went joy-riding in the car for 27 hours before the service center knew it was missing. When we went to pick it up No-One Knew Where it Was !

We Were Told That It Is Normal Business For The Service Center To Leave The Keys in Every Ferrari, and Maserati That Is Being Serviced. They Had No Lockbox to Lock the Keys in at the Time, and NO SECURITY When The Car Was Stolen.

"Be careful who you give your keys to because you may never see your car again,"

They Will Gladly Take Your Money And Invite You To A Steak Dinner, But When They Cause Your Car To Be Destroyed You Will End Up With Them Telling You What A Great Deal You Got For Your Car. "The insurance gave you more than we would have paid you if you sold it to us."

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Horrible that the car was stolen and trashed but just a question - what is your insurance company doing?

Bertil likes this.
  3. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    There's already a pretty long thread on this case. I think all of us agree the owner deserved much better (I guess you could say that's an understatement).

I'm not sure this posting is going to do more "damage" to the dealership than what has already covered by the press and our comments on the subject.

crinoid and bball16 like this.
  4. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Wow I'm really sorry to hear that. I can't imagine the anger and frustration that is causing with something as personal and valuable as that. Unfortunately based on FNA's response in the thread on Ferrari of Vancouver with that similar incident, I think the dealer will probably get off without much a problem. :( Hopefully I'm wrong and you are made whole on their error.

Benignetti-Scarfiotti likes this.
  5. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    So, I just want to be clear.

You dont like Ferrari of Newport Beach customer service ?

6. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I think the issue is: The damage wasn't done by the dealership but by some criminals. The dealership may have been (maybe even probably was) negligent in allowing it to happen.

We would be just as upset if the car came back with the only damage being 5 extra miles on the ODO from this. Cars shouldn't leave dealer lots from keys left in the car.

But, the criminals should be behind bars and the insurance companies should make the owner whole again. If the insurance companies won't then I would be posting on some Insurance blog.

So the question is, why are the insurance companies not taking care of this? And, who are they?

And lastly to the OP -- what exactly do you want done and why do you think this will help that?

KarloGedan, I'm 360 Canuck and PaulK like this.
  7. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    +1,000

I remember that this car was to be an heirloom, which makes it even more gut wrenching. I'd lose my mind if something happened to my baby. I don't know if the owner would ever feel 'whole' again after this. I don't think I ever could. It'd be like losing a member of my family. My sincerest condolences.

8. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

As said before in this thread it appears to me that neither the owner or the service dealer had adequate insurance on the car.

9. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    Do you honestly expect the insurance company to cut you a check for $340K?

10. azlin75

azlin75 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2017
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Shawn Hicks
    Well here's how it would be for me (granted im a small business and this is a large dealership) If anything I was working on became damaged or destroyed by my negligence Id have to replace/repair the item or items in question.I know for what I do im required by law to carry a 2 million $ liability policy for such events. I would assume the dealers service department would be on the hook for well more then that as far as insurance. They should have turned this over to their own insurance company and made sure the OP was compensated promptly, THEN made sure they were in at least as good of a car if not better then what they had for no money out of pocket (just the money the insurance company paid out). That is how you do good business. The OPs insurance should have paid out and then sued the dealers insurance company. Obviously the vehicle was in their possession when the theft occurred, and the thieves had the keys to the vehicle so that means the service department negligently left the keys in the car. Sure you could sue the criminals but what do you really expect to get? Sure seems like a bad deal.

amenasce, Panigale and 350MH83 like this.
  11. Smurf

Smurf Formula 3

12. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Yes !

Here in Canada, I have 2 yrs on full replacement value on my cars as I buy new.

In this particular case, I'm surprised the dealership insurance wouldn't cover the entire care since it happened on their watch and they left the keys in the car.

Odd indeed.

Horrible situation for the owner of the car!

13. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    Syd Boysky, anunakki and G. Pepper like this.
  14. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    I was kinda beginning to think that also ;)
    It may not be the worst, but it damn sure costs a lot ......on occasion.

15. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yes

16. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    cool she's niece of a 24 Hour of Le Mans Ferrari winner, unlike Roland. :D

17. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    People have very unreasonable expectations of the reality of insurance cover compared with what they actually are prepared to pay for

uhn2000 likes this.
  18. INRange

INRange F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2014
    Virginia/Florida/Caymans
    Full Name:
    JD
    I've read this a couple of times and still don't get what she thinks she "deserves". She buys a $340k car a couple of years ago and it gets stolen from the Dealership. Either her insurance company handled the claim or she handled it with the Dealership's insurance company directly. In either case, the insurance companies did what they do which is to revalue the car based on comps and age.

Making the argument that it was to be an heirloom or that somehow her owning it made it priceless frankly is a bit wacky (and so is her writing style). So her vengeance is directed at the Ferrari dealership because they were jackasses. It may come as a surprise since her family has owned so many Ferraris that Ferrari Dealerships generally are run by jackasses who don't want to give up a single dollar of revenue.

I'm guessing she got a check for around $260-290 for the car. If she wanted to make a case for the $50-60k, she could have sued the Dealership. That might get them to close the gap a little but proving she wasn't properly compensated for the car is problematic.

HKS479, Themaven, showme1946 and 4 others like this.
  19. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    File a lawsuit if you think the dealership was negligent and is liable.

IPO1 and Benignetti-Scarfiotti like this.
  20. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Newport Coast, California
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    The point you are missing is the OP was properly compensated. He said that he was offered the depreciated price of the car. That is proper compensation.

While we all feel that our cars are more than a bunch of nuts and bolts with a specified market value, that is not how the society we live in looks at it. So we all have to be prepared for the day that are babies are taken from us, no matter how wrongfully, we are only going to get the depreciated value of the car, not a new car.

350MH83, anunakki and G. Pepper like this.
  21. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister

Why or how? Current market is what, $250-$280K. Not one person on the planet would by this car for $340k on the open market and it's not currently worth $340K therefor owner does not get $340k. It has depreciated just like every other 3 year old 458 on the planet and owner is not entitled to get the money back they lost by buying a new car.

22. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    I'm not a lawyer but I watch a lot of Judge Judy. Plus my father was a plaintiff's attorney for car accidents. So I think I have a good feel for this.

The insurance company (Your's or the dealer's) paid ACV, actual cash value and took the car. Correct? They basically totalled it. What was the estimate to repair it?

For what they paid could you have bought another similarly equipped/mileage 458 Spider?

Do I personally think the dealer should be libel for something more for let's call it pain and suffering? Yes, but I don't know their legal obligation. I think at a minimum they should have facilitated the next nice 458 Spider they took in trade to you at wholesale, that would have just been smart business and if the insurance company paid retail on your claim would have actually left you with some cash in your pocket. That's just good business.

I hope the thief gets 20 years but he won't.

Good luck and enjoy the Lambo.

23. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    #23 308 milano, Dec 23, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
    100% agree . If you read the fine print when selling a vehicle through a dealership or private dealer it usually states that they are not liable if any damage should occur. .( they require you to have insurance on that vehicle sitting on their lot ) Right or wrong I’m sure it’s the same with service in less the mechanic is directly responsible for damage. While this is truly unfortunate I think the best would have been to just let the insurance company/dealership handle this. Making a big stink with “ do you know who I am? “ doesn’t further your cause.
    Also agree with Meister, it’s a bit naïve to think you’re due full sticker on this vehicle.

24. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Unless there is plenty of damage we can't see, I'd be surprised if that car was considered a total loss by the insurance company. And if so, someone could get a good deal to fix it up.

25. azlin75

azlin75 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2017
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Shawn Hicks
    OK you are right but completely missed the part where i said the OP should have been put back into a similar Ferrari for only the compensation the insurance gave since it was the dealers negligence. Do i really think it would happen? no, and that sucks too because the dealer wouldnt really lose that much where in since the dealer didnt make sure the customer was taken care of you have posts like these that drag its name thru the mud. it may in the long run hurt the dealer some but there will still be plenty of folks that do business there.

Way2fast likes this.