ferrari is just different in a good way | FerrariChat

ferrari is just different in a good way

Discussion in 'McLarenChat.com' started by red5nic, Dec 24, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. red5nic

red5nic Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 15, 2016
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Jake
    Ok, first Merry Christmas!

I recently got a McLaren 570s. Absolutely incredible...full stop...ok maybe not full stop....

I have a 328 and a 430 and have to say that as much as I want to just move over to McLaren and possibly work up the food chain with them, there just isn't a comparison. I don't have track experience so maybe that is what I am missing but the McLaren is just perfect and not in a good way. It gets attention, is unbelievable on the road but doesn't do any of it for me. I don't drive my cars for attention, instead, it's for the visceral enjoyment they give me on short or long rides.

Maybe the 458 and 488 are "McLaren like" but I can't compare bc I don't have one. If they do then I will be sad if I go back to ferrari and get one of them. The 430 and even the 328 are so much more raw and connected to me.

Can anyone that know cars more (and thats not hard with me) tell me what I am trying to say?

DefunctNeurons likes this.
  2. stan996turbo

stan996turbo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Stan
    I don’t think the 430 gets respect that it deserves because the 458 is a much faster and sophisticated car. For me however, on the roads I drive, the 430 is already more performance than I can use on the street. The ongoing pursuit of adding more power and higher handling limits each year is increasingly taking the car out of the drivers hands, because of all the sophisticated technology needed to manage the crazy amount of horsepower.

3. Josh P

Josh P Karting

I totally understand what you are saying. I cross shopped my 430 with a 12C when I was looking. The 12C was the first supercar I ever drove and as cool an experience as it was I got out of the car and was underwhelmed. My brain knew it was technologically very special and unbelievable but it was quiet and comfortable. A few weeks later I hit the red start button on my 430 and the car instantly waved its hands in the air and yelled making me smile ear to ear. That smile just got bigger as I continued the test drive and never left for many hours afterwards. In the end I bought the one I liked better rather than the more technologically advanced car. I really want to like Macs and work my way through the supercar brands but I feel like they will never provide the emotional connection. I got to drive both a 570 and a Huracan last summer. The 570 was an amazing car but as my wife said too perfect. The Hurcan was a bit more involved but also no Ferrari. I have a feeling a lot of the supercars are going the comfort route based on most of the clientele not being drivers which would mean special editions (speciale, performante, etc.) and driving in race mode at all times for us to enjoy.

4. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    McLaren to me is like Porsche... it does all great.... Ferrari might feel a little more exotic... I think from the sound ..Mclarens don't have the sound... but I will be going from Ferrari to McLaren soon.

5. howl

howl Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2011
    Chicago/Boca
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I own the same three cars. Before I purchased the gated 430 back in 2014, I test drove a 458 and found it to not be engaging. When I want a 30 minute, fun and engaging drive, I take one of the Ferraris. The 570 is my DD. Unbelievable performance,acme and Audi level comfort. Will not sell Ferraris. At some point McL will just be a used car and replaced with another McL or Ferrari. Right now, when looking at new cars, I think McL has Ferrari beaten by a lot. The older Ferraris offer an experience you can’t get with a new car.

stan996turbo likes this.
  6. Gary Res

Gary Res Formula Junior

Apr 23, 2004
    Long Island,New York
    Full Name:
    Gary
    I use to be the owner of your 328!!