Ferrari- involved accident on Georgetown Pike in Great Falls, VA on April 16, 2016 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferrari- involved accident on Georgetown Pike in Great Falls, VA on April 16, 2016

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by gt1995, Apr 16, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bonalonio

bonalonio Rookie

Nov 27, 2015
    Poor taste in car control.

Non life threatening injuries means the 57-year-old in the Acura RSX that Tosovsky rammed head on and the dude riding shotgun in Tosovsky's 599 are probably in severe orthopedic Trauma with disintegrated limbs.

2. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    That is a dangerous road, I avoid it whenever possible. Too many accidents due to blind spots. Definitely not a road to be speeding on. I sure hope those people full recover.

3. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Any basis in fact for your last few posts, or just an axe to grind?

D

4. bonalonio

bonalonio Rookie

Nov 27, 2015
    I would charge you a lot more than what you're paying right now for facts. I don't want to hear any irrelevant jargon about how libelous and slanderous it is to expect the victims of Mr. Tosovsky got pulverized.

5. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Wow, you sure seem to be an angry son of a gun.

So, let's dissect your statement, "irrelevant jargon." Jargon as it relates to what exactly? Did I use any fancy pants language you didn't understand? I don't think so.

Slander or libel. Pick one. Looks like libel applies, as this is the written word.

Pulverized? You're suggesting they were reduced to itty bitty pieces?

Ignoring that for the moment, I simply inquired as to the nature of the statement, and you dodged it, or tried to with an angry post demanding payment for information to support your own premise? Pass.

So, I'll try again, for the sake of peace and unity in the tiny universe that is Fchat.

Do you have any facts to back up your remarks, or is it just conjecture? Now, let me add that another snarky response that traipses around the topic would be just pain old rude.

D

6. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    Latest police report info.

RECKLESS DRIVING: Georgetown Pike/Towlston Road, 04/16/16, around 8:15 a.m.
    Police responded to a four-vehicle crash and charged one driver with reckless driving.

An investigation determined a 65-year-old man was driving a 2007 Ferrari westbound on Georgetown Pike near Towlston Road.
    The driver crested a hill and discovered traffic stopped ahead for a vehicle waiting to make a left turn onto Towlston Road.
    The driver, attempting to avoid a rear-end collision, crossed over the double yellow line and collided head-on with a 2005 Acura RSX, driven by a 57-year-old Leesburg-area man; the Acura left the roadway and came to rest against a utility pole.
    The Ferrari continued forward and struck a 2008 BMW sedan in the westbound lane, driven by a 28-year-old Alexandria-area man, then struck the rear of an International Harvester TT flatbed unit that was towing a large construction vehicle, also in the westbound lane, driven by a 42-year-old man, of Fairfield, Pa.

The passenger in the Ferrari, a 36-year-old man, and the driver and passenger of the Acura, a 57-year-old man and woman, were transported to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
    No one else required medical attention.
    The driver of the Ferrari, Josef Tosovsky, 65, of Washington, D.C., was issued a summons for reckless driving.

Source: https://fcpdnews.wordpress.com/2016/04/18/the-daily-blotter-weekend-recap-april-18-2016/

7. ramingti20

ramingti20 Rookie

Aug 23, 2008
    Update:
    RECKLESS DRIVING: Georgetown Pike/Towlston Road, 04/16/16, around 8:15 a.m. Police responded to a four-vehicle crash and charged one driver with reckless driving. An investigation determined a 65-year-old man was driving a 2007 Ferrari westbound on Georgetown Pike near Towlston Road. The driver crested a hill and discovered traffic stopped ahead for a vehicle waiting to make a left turn onto Towlston Road. The driver, attempting to avoid a rear-end collision, crossed over the double yellow line and collided head-on with a 2005 Acura RSX, driven by a 57-year-old Leesburg-area man; the Acura left the roadway and came to rest against a utility pole. The Ferrari continued forward and struck a 2008 BMW sedan in the westbound lane, driven by a 28-year-old Alexandria-area man, then struck the rear of an International Harvester TT flatbed unit that was towing a large construction vehicle, also in the westbound lane, driven by a 42-year-old man, of Fairfield, Pa.

The passenger in the Ferrari, a 36-year-old man, and the driver and passenger of the Acura, a 57-year-old man and woman, were transported to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. No one else required medical attention. The driver of the Ferrari, Josef Tosovsky, 65, of Washington, D.C.,

8. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    Did you notice the exact same thing was already posted 2 times prior to your post? ;)

9. blue_myriddn

blue_myriddn Karting

Feb 8, 2012
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Once was kinda funny and sort of understandable given that there was some discussion in between. But the second one is really a riot!

10. Bisonte

Bisonte F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 27, 2007
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Ouch, three collisions would explain why there's so much damage to the Ferrari, but luckily the main driver/passenger compartment seems to be intact. Why would anyone ever willingly turn into oncoming traffic (as reported)?

11. SBS20912

SBS20912 Rookie

Jul 13, 2013
    Takoma Park, MD
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #36 SBS20912, Apr 19, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi again - I'm surprised by the police report because there wasn't a head-on collision. When I saw first saw the 599 the front end was intact. I have a clear visual memory of the car right befor it hit the flatbed. Same with the RSX I didn't even think was originally involved. I didn't take a picture but the front end was intact. There are two pictures on the link to the police report. The attached picture shows the RSX in the distance with its hood up. When I left the scene the horn was stuck on but I didn't see any damage to the front end.

Also if there was a front end impact the air bags would have gone off.

Finally, the driver walked away from this accident and the passenger had some cuts but everyone's limbs were totally intact.

Now the question is why was there a fire and rescue truck on the scene before the accident even occurred.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Panic does weird **** to your brain.

Sees his lane blocked, thinks he might be able to squeeze by on the left, but oops, there's a car in that lane after all, plus my guess is his closing speed reduced the margin of error to zero.

By then, too late. Contact imminent. No where to turn.

Nice to see no one got pulverized or disintegrated. Very lucky bunch.

D

13. Bisonte

Bisonte F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 27, 2007
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    #38 Bisonte, Apr 19, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    That's a good point about panic; it never helps.

There was another bad local wreck this weekend that's been going around the Mercedes-Benz Club community. It sounds like the three folks in that car were equally lucky.

https://www.facebook.com/PHVFD7/posts/715467258556876

14. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Not to derail this thread, but the single car wreck on Hawthorne Road looks like the Mercedes, which was split in half, is a 1980s-something model. I recall back then when Mercedes was at the height of its popularity that it was common for unscrupulous dealers to join undamaged portions of wrecked cars together and pass the completed vehicle off as a complete undamaged unit to unsuspecting buyers. Looks like that may be the case here given the unusual split at a possible weld joint.

15. Bisonte

Bisonte F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 27, 2007
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    I suppose that's possible. It was definitely a dramatic failure!

16. DennisForza

DennisForza Formula 3

May 23, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Georgetown Pike is the only entrance to many McLean/Great Falls neighborhoods, for a lot of destinations there is no choice. Semi-Trucks are only supposed to use Georgetown Pike for local deliveries, using it to cut from Rt.7 to the Beltway is technically illegal, but unless a FXCoPD car is following the whole route, their is really no way to enforce it.

Georgetown Pike should be an awesome driving road, and it was when I was a kid, but it is just to busy now 24/7/365. Have to keep off the skinny pedal when driving it now.

17. INRange

INRange F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2014
    Virginia/Florida/Caymans
    Full Name:
    JD
    Georgetown Pike was a great driving road in the 70s and 80s. It still is......that said....you also need to know the road. I'm glad that no one was seriously hurt. That said, his insurance company must have had a heart attack when he called.

Clearly he was going too fast and it was a split second call to choose between standing on the brakes (a front end collision) and crossing the double yellow line into oncoming traffic .......

18. StanT

StanT Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 10, 2007
    Vienna, VA
    When I was learning to drive I was told that in the case of an impending (rear-end) accident, always steer to the right to avoid oncoming traffic - a much worse result. Of course if a steep cliff with no guardrail is on the right, have to reconsider that.

19. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    Czech out that accident! ...am I too late?