Ferrari Friendly Restaurant Parking in Miami | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Friendly Restaurant Parking in Miami

Discussion in 'Florida' started by lewis, Aug 23, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Parkplace

Parkplace Formula Junior

Jan 1, 2010
    Fort Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Kevin Buckley
    #26 Parkplace, Aug 26, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
    urban folklore has it over the years many Ferraris have been touched up upon entry into the Port in NJ & as a consequence for those in the know metering paint for minor dings is irrelavent.
    Me I drive my cars (11,000 miles on my 2010 GT3 in nine months) I just have the chips in the nose & doors touched up regularly -

amazed at how far this thread has gone....astray?

2. sailquik

sailquik Formula 3

Feb 27, 2006
    In a temperate zone
    Full Name:
    Charlie
    I try to never valet ANY of my cars.

I had an experience where a valet went through the storage bin under the drivers armrest. How do I know? There was a car brochure there of a car I was buying and I had left the page I was reading bookmarked with the folded over printed quotation and when I got back in the car, the page was open and stuck in a different spot in the brochure.

I'm sure the valet just wanted to look through the brochure, but it got me thinking: my car registration with my name and address is in the glovebox, I may leave personal stuff in the car from time to time, and if someone wanted to do some criminal stuff with the information they found lying around, in a worst case scenario, they probably could.

So, besides the fact that the car could get dinged or abused, there's the possibility of someone looking all over your car fishing for personal information.

You wouldn't let someone look all over your personal space at home or at the office, why let them in your personal car space?

As for parking= I've been spending a lot of time at the restaurants in Sunset and Coral Gables, and you can self park pretty much all over the pace in these two neighborhoods:

Abracci for Carpaccio or Ruth's Chris for a NY Strip?- Park in the meters right there on Aragon or in the covered parking accross the street in the building where Ruth's Chris is. That parking is always empty

Ortanique for the Caribbean Bouillabaisse or the aged filet?- Park in any of the meters on Miracle Mile or in the parking garage behind the theater.

Mint Leaf for the Dal Makhani and Nan?- There's always parking in the meters directly in front.

Georges in Sunset for the leg of lamb?- Meters on Sunset AVe or the small street behind the tanning salon.

Cafe Pastis for the Bouillabaisse?- Free self parking in the strip mall or use the meters on Red Road

Two Chef's for the Miami Spice manu and souffle?- Park for free in the strip mall's parking

Etc. Etc.

3. miami420

miami420 Karting

Jun 27, 2006
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Shaan Dholakia
    this is a great excerpt of your post. Although I must say if your looking for the best daal makhani in South Florida it resides in Boca Raton. Mom > Mint Leaf

4. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    #29 sindo308qv, Aug 28, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2010
    Bottom line, if all everyone's worried about is resale value, forget it. Just ask guys what their 360's are worth today, no matter how pristine, two equally pristine cars, one with 5000 miles one with 15000 miles, why pay extra for the less miles? You have guys like Glikenhaus showing his million dollar cars at Supercars in Palm Beach with kids all around.
    Well enough already of this same recurring theme, if there's anything good about all this is that when I'm ready to buy again, they'll be plenty of cheap, pritine cars available. What we need is a parking system like the one at this site; www.woehr.de

5. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    That would really piss me off.

6. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    #31 RP, Aug 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Looks like everybody agrees about mileage, but Sindo it is unnecessary body damage that separates opinions here. Not everybody has the ability to have spare parts for their car as does Jim Glickenhaus (JG's photo below). But then, scratches on a one off like P4/5 are unlikely to affect its carbon fiber value.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. wheric

wheric Rookie

Nov 13, 2009
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Last time I parked my G on Ocean Blvd in June it was 45. The month before that it was 40. I forgot to fold my side mirrors though the last time I parked there and watched as some drunk guy coming from the Clevelander walked right into the driver side mirror and let out an unsatisfying grunt. So I'm always looking for better suggestions for visible, all day parking in SoBe without being sandwiched between two other cars. :)

8. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Valet parked the Range Rover at Sra. Martinez last night. 3 bucks...no worries. Didn't seem like they had the option of parking in front. Great place. Highly recommended.

Jack.

9. lewis

lewis Karting

Feb 11, 2004
    South Florida
    We went to Scarpetta at FountainBleau last night. The Drive across the Julia Tuttle Causeway is a short, but sweat strech - fairly empty and easy to see any speed traps.

FountainBluea wanted $50 to self park in front - instead i gave the guy $20 directly to him and $10 when i came out; $50 is a little crazy (food was great by the way)

Guy, thanks for all the tips - I now have a few months worth of great recommendations -

Much Appreciated

Best,

Lewis

10. Bimini

Bimini Rookie

Aug 6, 2009
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Grant Hawk
    I read this thread when it came out and have found a great place for breakfast on Sunday mornings, Joe's Stone Crabs on Miami South Beach. They have a self parking lot across from the restaurant and have been there for breakfast 3 times and not worried about my 355.
    By the way the food is great and very reasonable, it is as good as you would expect from Joe's.
    Hope to see someone else there with their baby soon.

11. lewis

lewis Karting

Feb 11, 2004
    South Florida
    Found a new one - Zuma, great food and good parking up front

12. H. Victor Katz

May 24, 2011
    Coral Gables Fl.
    1- Capital Grill on Brickell , super safe underground valet parking, you park it and keep the keys. Nice if it's raining. $ 10.00 to $20.00
    2- DB Bistro at the Mariott Marquis , in front $20.00. Also if it's raining you stay dry. they keep the keys, but never move it.
    3- Red the Steak House on Washington. Car stays in front, they keep the keys, but never move it. $ 30.00.
    In my opinion other places are risky and the food is also risky.
    PS: When I had my 1960 VW I was careful. Ok, I will go back to Elementary School I was careful with my Schwinn Bicycle.

13. Wangotango123

Wangotango123 Karting

Aug 7, 2020
    Full Name:
    Rafael olarte
    Any update on this in 2021?

14. TifosiConch

TifosiConch Karting

Jan 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Paul Maurer
    I was on Washington Ave. in SoBe 20 years ago, proud as hell in my first 911 Turbo cab. Pulled up to the hot Italian restaurant of the month for Friday happy hour, flippantly asked valet to "park it out front". His reply, "Sorry sir, we already have a Lambo and 2 Ferraris out front", was the agony of defeat. Fortunately I had looks and charm back then, now I have a Ferrari and a wife lol. I went to OPA! in Hollywood this past weekend, I don't know how they squeezed my Cali T between that minivan and Mustang, definitely not for the indoor cover crowd, recommend parking on the street. I have been To La Mar at the Mandarin Oriental, they will park your nice car out front and I recall it was reasonable.