Wanted - Ferrari for 3 months to rent - will pay Big $$ in Bitcoin. | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Wanted Ferrari for 3 months to rent - will pay Big $$ in Bitcoin.

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by cryptocars, Jun 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Adamas

Adamas F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2012
    Out of town
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Reza ???- izzat you?

Mike

19633500GT and paulchua like this.
  2. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    Bas, 19633500GT, JAM1 and 2 others like this.
  3. curare78

curare78 Rookie

Jul 23, 2013
    text me at 914-222-5855

4. Adamas

Adamas F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2012
    Out of town
    Full Name:
    Mike
    GatorFL, BOKE and paulchua like this.
  5. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I think he has the bitcoin; he doesn't want to change to USD for the purchase of a car, which makes no sense since you have to report it anyway unless you live what in Montana?

It got me thinking though, what would it take for someone to rent out a Cali sitting around?

I would probably ask for no less than $50K plus a damage compensation agreement for the 3-month bender you know it'll suffer. What 3K mile allowance?

Even then, probably the only viable reason some were to do it was already planning to unload it soon (sorry to next owner that buys the three-month party car.)

6. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Time is short.... high school reopens in September... ;)

Jedi

Bas, timjen88, technom3 and 2 others like this.
  7. BLAMPEE

BLAMPEE Man Card Status: Never Issued

This thread is still alive....

Amazing.

paulchua, carsandguns and technom3 like this.
  8. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
  9. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    I would also check if my auto insurance covered damages while as a rental. Even if it did, which i doubt, I would add on potential deductibles and diminished value to the security deposit. Otherwise you're also going to have to add on the cost for getting insurance converage as a rental business.

I would also have a lawyer draft a rental agreement that covers all contingencies, incorporate a mileage limit, specify acceptable manners of use, and require a credit check and personal identifying info of the renter.

The overhead required to do a one off rental deal safely just seems so high that it would be impractical for most owners and ultimately too costly for the renter.

The renter would pay less to buy the car and then sell it at the end of the summer.

BOKE, paulchua, BigTex and 2 others like this.
  10. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Yep, land a nice 348 Spider and store it for winter.

Did the OP ever come back to the thread??

paulchua likes this.
  11. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Excellent points.

12. JoeTSI

JoeTSI Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2015
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Joe K.
    Wow, just joined Saturday and is entirely LEGIT and on the up and up. I'd feel secure in renting you my LaFerrari if I had one.

13. Ken458

Ken458 Karting

Jul 25, 2011
    I know this is ridiculous but you never can tell. A few years ago a friend of mine asked if I would rent him one of my cars while his was in the shop being repaired from his latest drag racing damage. My only response was are you serious?

technom3 likes this.
  14. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    what kind of friend are you?

technom3 likes this.
  15. rampante550

rampante550 Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2010
    NC
    Full Name:
    D Day
    a while back when I worked at a multi-brand Ferrari store, we once let a customer 'demo' an Aston for a week while his spider was getting a major service - never really done that before, but he recently bought a car from us, a bunch of parts, was getting the major done, and had expressed interest several times previously - so thought we could trust him and it might lead to a sale. our reward? completely fried the clutch hooning around the state and left it abandoned about 100 miles away and didn't bother to mention it until we pressed after he delayed picking up his car a couple times.

We'd also have people time their services with road trips, so they could keep the miles off their Porsches and Maseratis - get your car serviced, take our's and put a thousand miles on it. I have a friend now who runs a luxury store and he says it's not unusual for someone to book book a 3pm oil change on a Friday or Saturday, take a loaner, make a fake excuse when they call for pickup, and return it the next Monday with 600 miles on it after taking it to the beach. They think they're so smart, but I think it makes them something else.

Different situations here obviously, but I think moral of the story is that nobody will treat your property as well as you. Unless you maybe have a $25k hold on their credit card and an air-tight contract. I worked at an exotic rental car place in Beverly Hills briefly too, and that seemed to do the trick.

sgfreak96, Toonfosi and paulchua like this.
  16. 19633500GT

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    When I was younger and broke, I couldn't make my truck payment, so I "sold" my truck to a guy, wrote up a contract and everything where he'd make my monthly payment etc. etc. He wasn't supposed to leave New England. He made two months of payment, then, silence for a few months. I was full on panic mode lol. Finally he picked up and said, I drove down to Florida for work....So, on the hope he wasn't lying, I FLEW to Florida, one way, with my brother and best friend to "repossess" my own truck.
    I've never been that nervous as the taxi ride from the airport to the apartment complex he claimed the truck was parked at, keys under the mat....Low and behold, it was there! Drove it home in one shot that night into the am 21 hours.
    Never, ever again (such sketchy stuff, but, desperate times lol)

sgfreak96, ralfabco, mathewr and 3 others like this.
  17. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I think this deal has fallen......like a statue....on his head..

rampante550, paulchua and technom3 like this.
  18. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    19633500GT likes this.
  19. WATSON

WATSON Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI
    My father and I have owned airplanes separately and together. Some on lease back to charter operations and flight schools.

My old man had one on lease back with an air ambulance operation that quit paying but kept flying it. Not a small rig either it was a Cheyenne II XL

The guy would block flight tracking on Flightaware and literally VFR the plane to some small strip after a trip to hide it.

One of our flight instructors friends got wind of where the plane was being hidden (small world).
    My 65 year old dad and this flight instructor drove up to the airport at 4 am one day and stole my old mans plane back.
    Crazy **** out there man.....

INRange, paulchua, mathewr and 2 others like this.
  20. 19633500GT

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    I know your dad's friend well

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Cigarzman, RWP137, paulchua and 2 others like this.
  21. read33

read33 Karting

Mar 23, 2017
    Long Island
    Funny to hear Paul Chua called a troll when he might be the most well mannered and reasonable person on F-Chat. This thread is phenomenal.

ScottS, Bas, BLAMPEE and 2 others like this.
  22. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    read33, 19633500GT and paulchua like this.
  23. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    #73 sixcarbs, Jun 17, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
    I can't believe this thread is still alive. I thought by now the order would have been filled.

BLAMPEE, BOKE and paulchua like this.
  24. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
  25. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Let’s close this out to allow other sellers the top spots.

Robb