Ferrari FF - Doug's re-review of a 2014 - a tribute? | FerrariChat

Ferrari FF - Doug's re-review of a 2014 - a tribute?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Bamsefar, May 21, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bamsefar

Bamsefar Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2012
    I might not always be in favour of Doug's reviews, however as a FF owner I kind of well like it...

Natkingcolebasket69 and Way2fast like this.
  2. Ferrarista98

Ferrarista98 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 7, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jason L
    Watched it yesterday and I enjoyed it.

3. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

He is useless. Cant watch him, better score than the lusso though lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bas and JLF like this.
  4. FerRrari

FerRrari Formula 3

Jan 11, 2009
    WA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    I could empathize with the part where he asks for a minute and then proceeds to enjoy the V12 symphony. Overall is was an entertaining watch and I feel the FF is trending towards a cult-car status.

5. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Pretty thorough overview but just skip his 'Doug Score' crap. Useless. Too subjective. ;)

ait_z28 likes this.
  6. haroonok

haroonok Formula 3

Sep 5, 2007
    england
    Full Name:
    haroon
    He clearly loved the car!

7. IDKFA

IDKFA Karting

Mar 19, 2018
    Essex, UK
    Full Name:
    RUNDLL
    I enjoyed that.. the FF really is an amazing car, moreso due to its usability than anything else.
    He's not correct about the 'rear wheel drive in sport mode' comment though unless I'm mistaken?

8. msgm1

msgm1 Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    NYC
    Wow 500k view in 2 days, and only 26 for sale in the US

9. msgm1

msgm1 Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    NYC
    The next GTO....LOLOLOL

10. iohead

iohead Karting

Feb 19, 2013
    The bar for knowledge and accuracy is usually quite low on YouTube.

On the FF, the four-wheel drive system (4 ruote-motrici, or 4RM in Ferrari speak) is always active, even with ESC OFF.

In the original FF marketing communications, Ferrari talked about the predictive road-grip estimating software underlying 4RM. They specifically said that the software covers the entire range of driving conditions from ice to a hot/dry racetrack, and that 4RM will try to always gurantee maximum traction in all road conditions. In particular, torque delivery prefers the rear "axle", but if more torque is needed than what the rear can deliver, 4RM distributes the extra torque independently to the front right and front left wheels in the first 4 forward gears. (The car goes fully rear-wheel drive fifth gear onwards.)

11. Subito Grigio

Subito Grigio Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2009
    Doug reminds me of Ron Popeil - who was one of the most successful salespersons ever. “So this textured button opens the rear hatch. But wait, there’s more!” and perhaps — “Click this blue button to control speed - Set it, and forget it!” SG

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

12. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    He is pretty much unwatchable.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  13. Natkingcolebasket69

And I got a FF

Bas likes this.
  14. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    No need to watch a review then :D:D:D

15. IDriveM5

IDriveM5 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2012
    Central Ohio
    Full Name:
    Raj
    Yeah, I find his style to be somewhat grating and can’t really do large doses of it. Plus his reviews seem to be fairly light on technical content and more about features and options (like the extent of his discussion about the dashboard pocket in lieu of a passenger display). Also he was bagging on the infotainment system a bit, though it’s not too unjustified, but it can do just about everything that a more modern unit could, it’s just a bit clunky. I feel like if he had reviewed a car with a few more features (like rear seat entertainment) he would have blown his top from excitement.
    It is a fantastic car that I think is becoming more appreciated as it ages. Of course the depreciation helps guys like me who buy used.

16. Wazzer

Wazzer Karting

Jun 23, 2020
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Waz
    Hopefully Doug's review will boost resale values. Also as you all point out he didn't seem to know that much about the vehicle. For example, the plastic square with image of the open trunk inside of the hatch is a mandated safety release! He also missed the infamous "bumpy road" suspension setting button. One of my favorites.

17. SecretSquirrari

SecretSquirrari Karting

Dec 3, 2020
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    J
    I can't tell how much of his ignorance is real and how much is an act. He had much of the same confusion in his review of the 812SF, and in particular his apparent inability to understand the sticker inside the fuel door seemed like it had to be a put on.

18. FerRrari

FerRrari Formula 3

Jan 11, 2009
    WA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    He missed the stupid seatbelt warning beep that comer up as you wait for the seatbelt arm to extend.
    Also I just noticed how the cavallino on the aircon vents is only upright when you close the vent. Drives me nuts.

TriumphantTaco and 350MH83 like this.
  19. CT Audi Fan

CT Audi Fan Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2011
    You can’t watch Doug’s reviews looking for driving impressions or driveline tech specs. Just not what he does. What I enjoy is learning things about the car that other reviewers don’t get into. Before Doug it was SaabKyle ... same type of review. Take it for what it is. Yeah sometimes the schtick is a bit much but he does play in a space that others simply don’t.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Caeruleus11 and FerRrari like this.
  20. IDriveM5

IDriveM5 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2012
    Central Ohio
    Full Name:
    Raj
    The air vents drive my OCD crazy as well! So glad I’m not alone. I try not to look at them. But hey, it’s better to have a Ferrari with offset vent logos than not have one at all!

350MH83 and FerRrari like this.
  21. Natkingcolebasket69

Saab was wayyyyy worse

22. CT Audi Fan

CT Audi Fan Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2011
    Fair point!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

23. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    great car, you can go over snow, just dont go over bumps. 12 sets of rim in 11 years here!

24. Bamsefar

Bamsefar Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2012
    Aouch! That hurts!

25. Andial

Andial Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2016
    Doesn't Doug only review cars that he can drive, with the segment being close to the end of the video?