Ferrari F8 Tributo | Page 176 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Agree with both, although the Pista is obviously much more aggressive looking I actually prefer the F8 interior much more (especially the steering wheel). Not interested in a track car, the F8 fits my needs more efficiently.

I am impressed with what I’ve seen with the 765LT, whats the time line on your order?

2. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    #4377 Coincid, Jun 2, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
    I agree on the F8 interior being preferable to the Pista and that F8 steering wheel is a charm. Projected delivery of 765LT is Q4 - 2020 or Q1- 2021.

Couple of issues with the F8. The lifter is not necessary. I traversed speed bumps, relatively steep driveways, with no underside scraping at all.

Shift paddles- The standard paddles are fine for street use but not for the track. Furthermore, they look very cheap. I highly recommend the extended carbon fibre paddles.

Headliner- The standard fabric is hideous. Alcantara( my preference) or leather is highly recommended. Also comes with very attractive contrast stitching.

3. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    I must applaud my Ferrari dealer- Ferrari of Ontario, for being exceedingly helpful, gracious and exceptionally knowledgeable. The sales manager- Giuseppe Porretta is a man of integrity besides being exceedingly charming and dedicated to providing the finest buying experience. Could not be more pleased.

of2worlds and ScrappyB like this.
  4. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Agree with that. They’ve always treated me with courtesy and professionalism.

I tested their F8 last Friday and drove my Pista about 300kms on Sunday. Besides the sound and gear shifts being more aggressive in the Pista, I also felt it accelerates harder. Could just be my imagination or a side effect of the louder exhaust and banging upshifts creating that impression, or perhaps it’s because of the different engine mapping.

In any case, I was pleased with the way the F8 drove and have a Spider on order. It also looks fantastic in the flesh.

daflk, PhilNotHill and Coincid like this.
  5. jim g

jim g Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2003
    Waverly, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Jim Gress
    3 Months with mine and I agree completely.

6. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Not your imagination. Pista is about 250-300 pounds lighter than the F8. Pista is about .5 seconds quicker to 150 mph. Coupled with the aggressive gear changes and short ratios, it will feel more violent. The data will produce a less pronounced delta than you'll feel, but Pista is certainly objectively quicker. We aren't talking massive differences here, however.

PhilNotHill and ScrappyB like this.
  7. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Depending upon options, the Pista is about 110 lbs lighter than the F8.

8. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Im basing on real world results. An associate of mine just got his F8. Full tank no driver 3492 pounds his Pista full tank no driver 3240 pounds. Non carbon wheels on either car. Race seats on both. Motortrend weighed their F8 review car at 3527 pounds but it didn’t have the racing seats. It’s a bit heavier than advertised.

of2worlds likes this.
  9. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Call out to those that have received their F8. Does the third brake light , light up even when off like the 488 GTB series ? You can only see it in a dark room.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    I just went and checked Pista for you, and in a pitch black garage there is absolutely zero illumination happening from the rear light. So they have obviously got on top of that issue and I would assume this would also apply to F8.

MANDALAY, Solid State and PTG1 like this.
  11. VHlambo580

VHlambo580 Karting

Dec 4, 2017
    Hunter911, stavura, jim g and 6 others like this.
  12. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Congrats looks awesome!

13. Reka

Reka Rookie

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Al
  14. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Pista spider wheels

Reka, PTG1 and of2worlds like this.
  15. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
  16. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    The F8 from factory options on wheels is very limited, only the standard rims which no one go with but looks better or the forged option which are not great but I had to go for as the dealer twisted my arm

Reka likes this.
  17. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Thank you Sir for taking the time to check that and report. It has been asked for a long time and I think you are the first and only to do so. :)

of2worlds and Shadowfax like this.
  18. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    No worries always glad to confirm something if I can be 100% on it. It was late last night when I read his post and it aroused my curiosity. The garage was pitch black so I used the Iphone torch to find my way into the garage to the rear of the car and then switched it off. So yes I can guarantee 100% there was no sign of light coming from that led light.

MANDALAY, stavura, of2worlds and 2 others like this.
  19. Reka

Reka Rookie

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Al
    Thanks, for some reason I had assumed they weren't compatible for some reason. I'll be sure to get those!

20. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    All 488, Pista and F8 wheels are the same sizes and offsets

Reka likes this.
  21. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA
    .... the Pista Spyder wheels are the lightest aside from the CF option. Around 12 K with Miche SC2 and labor.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Reka, daflk and of2worlds like this.
  22. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Curious if you actually weighed them. I bought a set of Pista coupe wheels and I was surprised how light they were. I will actually weigh them next time I pull them out of the boxes.

of2worlds likes this.
  23. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA
    Sorry did not weigh the wheel set myself--