Ferrari F8 Tributo | Page 150 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Noone is back. Where is that ignore button.

stavura, BOKE, MANDALAY and 1 other person like this.
  2. Glenn Quagmire

Glenn Quagmire Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 13, 2019
    USA
    Show me examples of non-special exotics that are good value propositions.

Jo Sta7, SoCal to az and jm2 like this.
  3. Itay Grubman

Itay Grubman Rookie

Feb 29, 2020
    Italy
    They built the Ferrari 308 series for 10 years. The legend began in 1975 and ran through the 1985 model year when it was replaced with the 328 series. This is a Pininfarina styled body, designed by Leonardo Fioravanti. This gentleman also had his hand in designing the Ferrari Dino, F-40 and Daytona models.

paulchua likes this.
  4. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    any used McLaren? ;)

5. Itay Grubman

Itay Grubman Rookie

Feb 29, 2020
    Italy
    McLaren in Atlanta GA 2 listings starting at $92,990
    McLaren in Boston MA 21 listings starting at $89,990
    McLaren in Philadelphia PA 22 listings starting at $105,000
    McLaren in Phoenix AZ 17 listings starting at $112,000

BJK likes this.
  6. Glenn Quagmire

Glenn Quagmire Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 13, 2019
    USA
    Lol. Used exotics is an entirely different animal.

BJK likes this.
  7. CT Audi Fan

CT Audi Fan Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2011
    Will never understand why people choose to question the desires of others. Maybe for some 488 owners the F8 represents a significant enough upgrade and so they do. Who cares? Their money, their decision ... why judge? Or even question it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

stavura, paulchua, nmcclure and 2 others like this.
  8. Itay Grubman

Itay Grubman Rookie

Feb 29, 2020
    Italy
    Is the f8 Tributo replacing the 488?

9. CT Audi Fan

CT Audi Fan Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2011
    Yes. It is the third model on the same basic “platform” that started with the 458 then 488 and now F8. Thought to be something of a gap filler as the replacement due in a year or so will be all new and V6 probably hybrid instead of the V8.

Though to be fair “gap filler” has a negative connotation and reviews have been resoundingly positive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

paulchua likes this.
  10. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    No way to justify buying any of these cars except for the truly rare. If someone is trying to have some value by when the sell it, they need to invest elsewhere. Seriously, I lose money on every car purchased because I’m buying it to enjoy. No residuals in a fine meal or a fine wine or even a fantastic adventure. I’m gonna say that it is silly to even talk about that in those contexts.

What is the value? It is whatever I think it is. People that talk like this either can’t afford the cars or don’t really enjoy them because of what it costs when it is time to sell.

John

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

ScrappyB, stavura, paulchua and 3 others like this.
  11. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    Couldn’t agree more!

paulchua likes this.
  12. MK11

MK11 Karting

Aug 4, 2019
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    MK
    Well said.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

paulchua likes this.
  13. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Don't pretend like people who can afford these cars don't think about value. Why so many people on here whining about McLaren depreciation if that's the case? Why so many people talk about depreciation of the FF and Lusso? Tell this guy he can't afford it. #3719

The reality is that a lot of people consider value, residuals, etc. If no one cared, no one would buy used. Every used 488 sold is someone who cared about value. If they didn't, they'd have just ordered a new one.

14. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Oh I get that people will still buy it for whatever reason. Some will justify it, others won't. I don't doubt it.

However I think we'll see residuals that indicate it's not a great success due to it being more of a facelift than a new model.

15. Borrow’d Mine

Borrow’d Mine Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 28, 2019
    Florida
    Yup. 100%

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

paulchua likes this.
  16. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    I’m not pretending anything.

Don’t pretend that current exotic car buyers don’t know about the depreciation factor.

Don’t pretend the discussion is not about people trading in the 488 they bought new for a newly spec’d F8. We aren’t talking about someone contemplating trading their used 488 for a used F8.

It is the same argument for buying used that I have heard all my life. “Don’t buy new-it loses 30% as soon as it leaves the lot and is only worth 50% after one year”. Buying used is more economical because of less depreciation. We all get that.

My point is that if someone wants to buy a new personally spec’d car, depreciation is already known and is not a major part of the decision.

For some, a $1,000 meal with their wife is stupid because the value of that meal goes down the toilet. For others, it is worth it for other reasons.

John

ScrappyB, stavura, paulchua and 7 others like this.
  17. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    you are arguing with someone who has a dubious history of car ownership yet lots of opinions. In other words, wasting your time.

stavura, paulchua, Ash Patel and 3 others like this.
  18. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Please enlighten us on the 458 , 488 and the F8. Please share your driving experience / ownership with these cars so i can fully comprehend exactly where you are coming from. You seem to be the resident expert and I wish to know more. This way I can decide if I’m making a bad move to sell my 488 spider for an F8 spider or if I really blew it when I sold my 458 spider for the 488 spider. Best ,Kirk

stavura, BOKE, paulchua and 5 others like this.
  19. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Please also share with us the joys of driving in manual mode.

Borrow’d Mine and Cigarzman like this.
  20. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    True and I usually blow these things off. I have had to deal with stupid more than usual in my real life and just kind of lost patience. I’ll stop the clutter and let’s get back to this awesome car. Mine should be here by summer I hope...

And I’m going to lose a lot of money whenever it comes time to sell it!

John

stavura, paulchua, MANDALAY and 5 others like this.
  21. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    You will lose a lot of money and have a hell of a great time doing it!! Congrats and enjoy the ride!

stavura, paulchua, Coincid and 4 others like this.
  22. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Thanks! I intend to!

paulchua and Cigarzman like this.
  23. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Have never driven an F8. Could it be massively different than the 488/Pista? Sure. Does it look massively different? No. Does it coincidentally have very similar specs as the 488 and Pista? Yes. Does everyone say it's essentially a Pista engine? Does the Roma (which is practically the entry model Ferrari) have a more updated interior and dash? Yes. Would Ferrari really want to launch a new model in this segment that is lower in performance than a 3 year old 720S? Probably not.

The F8 is seemingly a stopgap car due to the change in line-up with the SF90 and that other hybrid mule referred to as LB/BB. Demand for the 488 was no longer good enough and it was no longer competitive in the space, but the next cars weren't ready in time and so the Tributo is what they created. Parts bin 488/Pista with some minor cosmetic changes. Would people love to trade up from a 488 to a Pista? Maybe, but they've had that opportunity for a while now and that would probably hold value better too considering it's a sort-of-LE car.

The Roma is a new Ferrari. The F8 is a facelift. Nothing wrong with that, but also nothing noteworthy about it either IMO.

When I say "I can't imagine why someone would trade up", I'm not literally unable to imagine why someone would trade up. Ironically, I think this is a great scene from Zoolander right now.

24. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I personally think residuals we not be as bad as 488, I think there will be less sold as the market for exotics in general has tailed off a bit so less new orders and a short production run will mean there won't be a huge flood of them on the market.

There will not be another v8 without hybridisation and lots of guys say they have no interest in lb v6 so will hang on to last v8 that's good for daily.

Only time will tell so let's see
    Sent from my CLT-L09 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

MANDALAY and Dicecal like this.
  25. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

You are not answering my question. I’m not asking about any other rhetoric other than your personal experience behind the wheel or ownership of the 458 , 488 , or the F8. Please tell me your experiences driving any or all of these vehicles. Best ,Kirk.

stavura, BOKE, paulchua and 4 others like this.