F8 - Ferrari F8 Tailor Made - First time | FerrariChat

F8 Ferrari F8 Tailor Made - First time

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Npieko, May 10, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Npieko

Npieko Rookie

May 8, 2021
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    NP
    Does anyone know what the tailor made process is like? Do you get samples of paint? Custom colored leathers etc. to confirm they are what you want? Do you get renderings or visuals of interiors and final layouts?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
    There are a number of members who have gone through the experience. @Bundy, @Challenge64, @Lukeylikey are just a few that I can think of that have produced some really amazing examples. Maybe if they have some time they can comment.

3. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Thanks!

To the OP, you might get paint samples to take with you but probably not. You will get renderings and a detailed list of all options. Your dealer then inputs all of that into your order and then you confirm.

The big misconception is that at Tailor Made, you all design the car and then Tailor Made inputs that order to be sent directly to the factory ordering department. Nope. Your dealer does it. It is VERY important your dealer have some experience with Tailor Made as major mess-ups can happen.

GT2goneF and Caeruleus11 like this.
  4. Npieko

Npieko Rookie

May 8, 2021
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    NP
    That’s what I’m gathering…. I’m ordering through Ferrari of Lake Forest and I was told no renderings and final options list confirmation is all I will get.

I told my salesperson that seems way too risky….. you’re conveying my verbal descriptions via email and not showing me what it will look like.

Glad to hear about the renderings. That is a huge relief.

5. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
    If I were you, I'd reach out to some of the very talented to guys/gals on Instagram that produce renders of your clients visions to bring to TM or whoever it may be...I can link you to a few if this is something you'd be interested in.

6. Npieko

Npieko Rookie

May 8, 2021
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    NP
    Sure. Happy to chat with them. I’m hoping the TM folks in NYC have a better grasp on this. Seems like my salesperson is fairly new to Ferrari. He was telling me just came from Jaguar.

GT2goneF likes this.
  7. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
    Check PM.

8. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    Are you going to the New York Tailor-made studio? I assume so. If you were not planning to go I suggest you ask your dealer to set up an appointment for you. It does not cost you any money and it can be a great experience. Your dealer should explain the differences between a Tailor-Made Car versus an Atelier Car.

If you do go to the Tailor Made Studio you will see they have countless colors for you to choose from and also many different fabric choices to pick from as well. There is a designer on-site who can photoshop whatever it is you want. Now they may flat out tell you something is not possible so be prepared for that.

Your dealer has likely done a number of Tailor-Made Builds. If your salesperson is not too familiar with the program ask to talk to either the Sales Manager or GM. The individual who enters the order at your dealer should be able to easily walk you through the steps. They should also go over the differences between Atelier build versus tailor-made. You can do a lot of customization with the Atelier program as well and you can still take advantage of the Tailor Made Studio in New York to come up with the final build.

9. Npieko

Npieko Rookie

May 8, 2021
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    NP
    I will ask for that to be set up. Thanks for the advice. I travel to NYC regularly so that shouldn’t be an issue to tack onto a regular trip.

GT2goneF likes this.