Ferrari F430 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F430

Discussion in 'Florida' started by 2 Italians, Jan 17, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 2 Italians

2 Italians Rookie

Jan 17, 2010
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Henry
    Hello to everyone here on this forum,
    I am new to this site.
    I am looking into getting a Ferrari F430 2006/2007 preferably in the Florida area. I have been all over Ebay but I am concerned with some of the things I have seen (mainly car fax reports). In your opinion is it better to get the Ferrari from an authorized Ferrari dealer ?

I am looking at a 2006 spyder F430 with 1,000 miles in great condition with a clear car fax report $185,000 is the asking price. What do you all think? How low do I go? Or do I just keep waiting? The Ferrari prices fluctuate a lot especially on Ebay.

I already own a Mustang Shelby GT500 2008 and a Lambo Gallardo 2007.

Thank you for all of your input.

2. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I personally would ask a dealer if this is your first F-car. It can't hurt.

I would be less worried about mileage and more worried about service, maintenance, and history. A car that sat on it's rump for 4 years isn't necessarily the best car available. A car that has 1000 miles on it could also have been run into the ground by a numbskull hot head (I used to live in Miami --- I know).

Never buy one without an expert looking at it. Car fax is only the first step. Spend the money to have it checked out before you write the check. It could save you thousands and lots of headaches.

Lastly, all these cars are expensive. Stop worrying about how much you're going to pay for it. It will be alot. Just accept it. Set a budget and stick with it. Very often, you get what you pay for with these things.

If you're going to spend that much money, I suggest you get one that has the right colors and options that you want. If you could care less about that, then just set a price and low ball every offer you can find until you get someone to bite.

Good luck with your search.

3. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    Use this site with the search function and learn as much about the cars as you can. Then decide exactly what options you want and start looking. You need some dollar figure to guide you on how much you are going to spend. Compare prices from different places to determine fair mkt value.

185 for an 06 spider is too much. I would offer 145 and let them counter although hard to say without knowing options, colors , etc. Start low but let them know that you are a serious buyer and you have studied mkt prices and recent sales. However, I agree with bdelp that you get what you pay for and none of them are cheap.

It really helped me that I knew a lot about the cars when I was ready to buy.

Good luck.

4. 2 Italians

2 Italians Rookie

Jan 17, 2010
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Henry
    Thank you for your input.

The car is red with a tan interior with the red stitching and Daytona seats and carbon fiber. It is everything I want in the car. The car has also only had one owner in the Boca Raton area. I will definitely have someone look at the car before I sign a check. But I first need to bring that price down. The internet shows these cars in that 185,000 price range> I did some research and called up some buddies and they all tell me 155 to 160 max. I didn't want to make an unrealistic offer. It is also a Ferrari Authorized Dealer.

5. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    145 seems like a deal but you can always ask. They can only show you the door or counter offer.

Options make a huge difference and you're not giving us any information. Power Daytona's (about 6 grand total), F-1 gearbox (11 grand), and wheel choices (about 5 grand, and spider version (about 19 grand) were the biggest options. Others included upper and lower Carbon fibre interior (about 5 grand), Carbon challenge rear grill (1,500), and the most expensive was Carbon Ceramic Disc brakes (about 20 grand). There are other options that could add another 20 to 30 grand if the owner went all the way.

You can see right there that there could be another 40 grand difference between two different cars of the same year. I believe also that spiders required a mandatory 6 grand for an additional year of warranty (making it 4 total instead of 3 for the coupe).

So, your buddies may be right but they may not have all the facts.

Also, you may ask for a one year Power warranty tossed in (which is about 6 grand). If price becomes an sticking point, you might negotiate that instead. You may not need it but if you can get it for free, why not.

6. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    I agree. 145 would be a starting point but I doubt you will get it, especially from a dealer. If it's exactly what you want, don't let 5-10K break the deal.

7. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Very true.

8. GABU

GABU Karting

Jan 29, 2008
    SOUTH FLORIDA
    Full Name:
    GABE
    Car Fax is important and once you get it you will see which dealer delivered the car and how many owners ... a car with 1000 miles under normal conditions should be very easy to verify. and it should be like NEW NO EXCUSES.
    then take it to a dealer for inspection they will be very accurate to point put the flaws if any Then you make your decision. Prices are all over these days ...... nobody has the formula anymore... you see comparable cars for 200 k and 165 k they are all over ... and the only way to know is to pick one that you like and negotiate.

good luck with your search !!

9. 2 Italians

2 Italians Rookie

Jan 17, 2010
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Henry
    The Ferrari dealership did not pan out and then I went to see a private seller and he would not budge on the price although it was a 6 speed.

So for now I am back to square one, but I think i may have found something.

10. m.roberts

m.roberts Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2009
    USA
    There are TONS of red spiders with tan interior out there. I picked up a spotless 07 with black interior in the 160s, delivered. 4k miles, 1 extra year on power cube... every option available.

Check ebay, and random dealerships... don't stick with just FL... You can find a good deal anywhere, and even shipped might do better than if you just stick with the FL market. I watch Dallas and St Louis a lot in my area.. and there are always good deals popping up.

11. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    Good advice. Look everywhere. Autotrader, Dupont registry, Ebay, F dealerships and independents.

12. Matt1984

Matt1984 Rookie

Jul 17, 2020
    jupiter, florida
    Full Name:
    matthew goodrich
    i have some questions about the right fluids in my ferrari f430 can anyone help

13. Dean Palmer

Dean Palmer Formula Junior

May 21, 2010
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Full Name:
    Dean Palmer
    Matt, you posted this to a 10 year old thread in the Florida forum posted by a guy looking to buy a car. There is plenty of this info in the 360/430 areas and others if you use the search functions. That will get you the correct info you seek. Good Luck.

mkraft3003 likes this.
  14. lawteam

lawteam Karting

May 15, 2009
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    Full Name:
    Evan Fetterman
    you might start search here: https://preowned.ferrari.com/us and see what prices are and what you can get with a certification which generally comes with two year Power warranty. that gives some protection against things that can go wrong.

15. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    Take a look at the post above yours. This is a 10 year old thread from the person looking for the car. It was resurrected but matt1984 asking about fluids.

16. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    As I always say, never let a decade old thread go to waste!

BHW