Ferrari F40 sleeping somewhere in Saudi Arabia | FerrariChat

Ferrari F40 sleeping somewhere in Saudi Arabia

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by demo, Nov 15, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. demo

demo Rookie

Nov 15, 2007
    Saudi Arabia
    #1 demo, Nov 15, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    hey this is my first thread in this forum ...

am from saudi arabia ,,, a guy who love Ferrari's ,,, i found a Ferrari F40 in saudi arabia sleeping in a small garage ,,, its really sad to see this car in this condition

the car has 514km ONLY almost new ,,, never been in accedient or anything ,,, the indian guy in garage told me that the car has been sleeping in his garage for more than 9 years when the pre-owner asked for oil change ,,, the owner is a prince he never picked his car again ,,,

leave u with the pic ,,, and btw thats me in the pic
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. RufMD

RufMD F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 31, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Jas
    Interesting story, thanks...did you happen to get a serial number on the car ? Did the shop owner mention whether he has been able to contact the owner ? Sad state of affairs.

3. menoy

menoy F1 Rookie

Mar 12, 2005
    PL
    Full Name:
    MRodziewicz
    Amazing... I see you guys pulled it out too? Did you try starting it up perhaps?

PS Marhaba ;)

4. demo

demo Rookie

Nov 15, 2007
    Saudi Arabia
    well, i did not try 2 get the serial however i can whenever i want ,,, and yes the shop guy told me that he knows the owner and in contact ,,, it seems that the car owner is very rich and not a car enthusiast ,,, u know ,, the kind of people who buy the best and the most expensive without really know anything about it ,,, i guess i can buy the car for a very low price ,,, i mean very very very low ,,, coz it the car means anything 2 him ,,, he wont leave it in a very small garage for 9 years ...

5. demo

demo Rookie

Nov 15, 2007
    Saudi Arabia

will the car is in a very excellent condition ... did i mention that it has done only around 500km ... so its almost new ... however there are few scratchs in the body paint i guess becoz of this small garage ... i did not try 2 start it ... they battery is disconnected ...

6. jorge.rios

jorge.rios F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 2, 2006
    Monterrey
    Full Name:
    Jorge
    That would be awesome...very cool for you

7. demo

demo Rookie

Nov 15, 2007
    Saudi Arabia

i can buy the car but i cant maintain it ,,, how much do u think the car worth ? i mean market value it has around 500km never been in accedient sleeping in garage for 9 years ,,, but i dont think i'll have a history doc ,,,

8. jorge.rios

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 2, 2006
    Monterrey
    Full Name:
    Jorge
    Well...i dont know a lot but maybe this car will need a major service...9 years without use...will be hard to believe that it works good...the value market for the F40 is increasing and it will be hard to find one for less than 480k...or maybe 500k...there´s one on Ebay in a bid...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1991-FERRARI-F40-SUPERCAR-CARBON-FIBRE-ULTRA-RARE_W0QQitemZ190173260516QQihZ009QQcategoryZ6212QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

9. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    The value of a US car has skyrocketed... but, I don't know the value of a euro car. Surely the fact its 500 km only helps it.... at least once it's had its plumbing pressure tested... seals and all.

in the US, this car could pull 700k if it were a US spec car.

10. demo

demo Rookie

Nov 15, 2007
    Saudi Arabia
    the shop guy told me that the car has around 150km when i was first in the shop ,,, but since then he take it for a small drive every few months ,,, change the oil and do minor maintaince and drive it for few mins then back to sleep ,,, the work shop guy told me he added around 350km totalling around 500km

very intresting story

11. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    That is insane! Somebody buy it!

What a find....

12. demo

demo Rookie

Nov 15, 2007
    Saudi Arabia
    idont know from where did the owner buy the car ,,,, but the problem with the car is it has few minor scratches in the body ... the interior looks new ...

i wounder if the car stills work fine ,,, but based on the workshop guy it works just fine !!

13. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    The scratches are minor....the car is a awesome find.

Glad that it has been driven at least a little and somewhat maintained.

Just needs a little TLC....

14. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    It's not a US spec car, that much is obvious from the photos.

15. jorge.rios

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 2, 2006
    Monterrey
    Full Name:
    Jorge
    How can you know that...??

What´s the difference between a US spec car and a Euro spec car...?

16. Christian.Fr

Christian.Fr Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    Christmas before Christmas....

17. RufMD

RufMD F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 31, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Jas
    Tail fog lights from the pics.

18. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    no US chin spoiler, or thicker bumper either

19. moriaan1

moriaan1 Formula 3

Dec 3, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Hans
    Pay for the oilchange and some parkingfee, start her up and go..................the owner probably forgot all about it(lol)

20. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    how can we buy it ?

21. demo

demo Rookie

Nov 15, 2007
    Saudi Arabia
    am gonna make somebusiness with the workshop ,,, he will fix some stuff on my porsche 930 ,,, i guess after dealing with the guy i'll ask him for some names and some contacts ,,, coz i belive if he wants me 2 get the car he will ,,, and hell i'll take it for nothing am thinking for less than 30k dollars ,,, yes am not kidding ,,, i guess the owner is not serious about this car ,,, he left it in an old garage for 9 years for god sake !!!!

i just dont want 2 jump and ask the guy for contacts and get a NO answer ,,, so i will ask him after i finish repairing my porsche ,,,

but my question does it worth something ,,, without history and if the car is not in working condition i mean if it does not work (after 9 years in this garage) how much does it cost to put it back in the streets ,,, alot of questions in my mind ,,, i never ownerd a ferrari ,,,

22. Christian.Fr

Christian.Fr Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    probably, but if you don t want to have some problem afther i think it better to have discution with him...
    forgett this plan, the sn is during all the life of the car.

23. jorge.rios

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 2, 2006
    Monterrey
    Full Name:
    Jorge
    OH MY GOD...

The owner is CRAZY...you will win a lot if you sell it...

24. cridom60

cridom60 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2007
    France
    Full Name:
    dominique
    Nice story

Demo, I should be in KSA next week, from Jeddah to Yanbu, then to Riad. So if you need any help, just call me, it should be interresting!

Dom

25. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    Holy crap, you'd get 200k $ if the engine was blown up! Buy it, fix it, sell it. If you can't fix it, sell it as it is and still you can walk away with a new 997 Turbo...