ferrari f355 dash lights potentiometer | FerrariChat

ferrari f355 dash lights potentiometer

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by koukos1, Oct 7, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. koukos1

koukos1 Rookie

Mar 30, 2011
    Turin Italy
    Full Name:
    George Koukos
    Hi all
    I don't know if this is an issue that has been covered in the past so please give a link is so. My issue is the dash lights that went off. My number plate lights function all fuses are ok so I thought it could be the dimmer. I did bypass it and boom the lights went on. So the thing has to be removed. However I don't know how. I tried to remove the outer knob in order to withdraw it from the back but it looks like it does not move. I don't want to brake anything. I have seen the dimmer for sale in the internet that mean it can be removed. I also believe this is a carry over part as many others in those cars. So the questions are:
    How do you remove the dimmer from the rev counter instrument?
    Is it a part used on other cars?

Thanks everyone for the time and help!

2. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    The knob does come off from the front. You just have to pull harder and hope nothing breaks. Perhaps a little heat might help?

Replacements are a problem. I haven't heard of any aftermarket units or other car manufacturer using these.

Eurospares has a second hand one for UKP 195.

https://www.eurospares.co.uk/parts/ferrari/355-52-motronic/interiors/instruments-41140

Also, at Douglas Valley Breakers in the UK for a similar price.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ferrari-348-Dashboard-Dimmer-Switch-134406-355-Dash-Rheostat-/282293288664

You may be able to open the dimmer and check the wiring. If it's not working at all (in any position), it sounds more like an internal wiring problem or broken contact rather than a dead spot in the resistive element.