ferrari F1 future... | FerrariChat

ferrari F1 future...

Discussion in 'F1' started by bostonmini, Jan 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Sorry guys, hate to ask easy questions, but I am new to F1 and havent had a chance to see much of this past season either. OUt of curiosity though, I recall that the 2003GA was a great car, and if Ferrari can still put out world class cars, can they be consistent winners sans Schumi? Im really asking, of course the driver is important, but to what extent? how much worse can JPM really be, if his car is the superior one?

2. yesod

yesod Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Lakeland,fl
    Full Name:
    Keith
    I think Schumi is important to the team, but I also think Brawn,Todt and Byrne are also important. If all of them leave when Schumi does, it will be really interesting to see what happens.

3. Prowler

Prowler Karting

Jan 10, 2004
    Glendale,Arizona
    Full Name:
    Matt
    schumi is the team.i hate to say it like that but there isn't another driver that is as quite as capable as he is right now.JPM has had moments of brilliance but the car and or team was not consistent enough to make him a world champ yet.Kimi has a chance but he had the sam problems as JPM.if either of those 2 find reliability and consistantcy....schumi will have a serious fight on his hands.

4. yesod

yesod Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Lakeland,fl
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Don't get me wrong, I am a huge Schumi Fan. I think he is the greatest driver in the modern era. But I also think Brawn, Todt and Byrne contributed to the teams success.

5. Prowler

Prowler Karting

Jan 10, 2004
    Glendale,Arizona
    Full Name:
    Matt
    #5 Prowler, Jan 17, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    oh...no doubt,but without schumi the team wouldn't be where it is today.don't get me wrong....all the sucess does not rest on schumi's shoulders.just without him,the team won't win as often.if i am not wrong,i believe todt will retire when schumi does.that has already been said from insiders...whether it happens or not....who knows.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. Papa G

Papa G Formula 3

Dec 29, 2003
    You should also add Paolo Martinelli to the list of Ferraris "dream team", his engines have been ridiculously reliable and to some extent Luca di Montezemolo for bringing them all together. As far what's to come in the future when they have all retired? Who knows, hopefully during this time they have their sights on and/or are already grooming their upcoming replacements.

7. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    It seems (as I recall) that, to most people's surprise, isn't Todt expected to stick around for a while? Im just wondering driver wise, how the team will do, even with good cohesion and a good car, without the world's best driver. It would not be good to see them lose their stronghold! competition is good, but F1 IS Ferrari!

8. Prowler

Prowler Karting

Jan 10, 2004
    Glendale,Arizona
    Full Name:
    Matt

the car is only as good as a driver and a driver only as good as the car.i was under the impression that todt's contract runs out at he same time schumi's does,but i could be wrong.

9. Prowler

Prowler Karting

Jan 10, 2004
    Glendale,Arizona
    Full Name:
    Matt

no...he didn't.he is ultimately paying everyone...but schumi brought the key team figures in.he built that team to work for him.

10. Anthony_Ferrari

Anthony_Ferrari Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Sheffield, UK
    Full Name:
    Anthony Currie
    Michael is the main catalyst for Ferrari's recent success. Todt, Brawn etc have all made huge contributions but Michael has brought the cohesion. The mechanics all absolutely love Michael. There can be no better motivation for them. They treat him as a friend and they are always willing to go the extra mile for him. In Italy you will find many people who don't really like Michael as they see him as an arrogant German. You won't find anyone at Ferrari who thinks like this though. When you talk to the mechanics they are immensly proud that they work with Michael and they want to do their best for him. They can see that he is always willing to give 100% and they know that he would never criticise the team or the car.
    Without Michael there the team will struggle for a while. Unless he stays around in some kind of managerial role.