“Ferrari evolves technical structure to boost F1 team“ | FerrariChat

“Ferrari evolves technical structure to boost F1 team“

Discussion in 'F1' started by schumacherf2006, Jun 6, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. schumacherf2006

schumacherf2006 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2010
    Full Name:
    Chris
    https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferrari-evolves-technical-structure-binotto/4448324/

“Having taken over from Maurizio Arrivabene at the start of this year, Binotto says he has moved the team away from the horizontal management system it has had in recent years.”

Article also goes to to say that this new structure going forward will be more like the structure of Schumacher’s mid 2000’s run...

Believe it when I see it.

NeuroBeaker and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  2. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    If they want to evolve it then stick him BACK in it.

daytona355 likes this.
  3. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    They have been vertical all year. Just like a turd going down the drain.

william likes this.
  4. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    a further quote of the 6/6/19 article -

Binotto did not elaborate on who his key figures were, but it is believed that his plans revolve around Laurent Mekies overseeing matters at the circuits, Enrico Cardile on the chassis, David Sanchez for aerodynamics and Enrico Gualtieri on the engines.

Am I missing something here, didn't David Sanchez take over from dirk de Beer when Allison left over 2 years ago and wasn't Cardile head of aero work on the SF70! No wonder they are running around like headless chickens FFS

What in the hell is horizontal management - does it mean they are all asleep on the sofa! we need dynamic management

william likes this.
  5. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Binotto simply does not inspire me so far. So he puts his fave people in place. Yes it’s change. Improvement by no means so far!

crinoid likes this.
  6. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Doesn't inspire me either but the crucial bit, does he inspire his team, he is a Ferrari man and that could be the problem for him as he cannot see any other path except the one he has just walked on.

All, including Binotto, are very gifted engineers but in my opinion he doesn't appear to be "General" material.

DF1 likes this.
  7. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    In the list of important personnel i don't see Jock Clear...

8. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Good reason for that.... he’s a big tool, lucky to somehow have pretended to be good around enough stupid employers to still be around the paddock.... can’t stand the guy