Ferrari event Monterey 2017 | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Ferrari event Monterey 2017

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by 365GTC/4, Apr 19, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley

Strange. I tried editing the URL several times and this site keeps replacing portions with *. If you replace the asterisks with "drive" "tribe" with no spaces, it will work. The combined word must be blocked on this site for some reason, as when I try to post the combined word, the site replaces it with asterisks, too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    If you already have a concours ticket you can go to this little party on the same golf course where the concours will be the next day. It starts at four, some appetizers. All the great automotive artists will be there and I think you can buy right there.This can be a oretty fancy schmancy thing as far as clothes--think Ascot on Opening Day...The same tent is open all day during the concours as well. Parking is a bit iffy--might have to park way over by the Equestrian center and hoof it bout 4000 ft.--not good for ladys in heels! If you don't have a concours ticket, there's invitations been sent out, maybe you can score one on CL?

3. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Some of us, who are, alas, not in on the initial issuing of them to the anointed tifosi, might be offered one in some back alley of Pebble Beach (does that community indeed even have back alleys?) but it would be nice to know what they look like? Are they carrying the sponsoring dealer's name? Multi-colored? Covered in plastic? Coming with a lanyard?
    If you have one in hand be nice if you could picture it..

4. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Last year I got a ticket but forgot to ask about parking. Then on concours day, when it came time to park, had to push the envelope on getting in a lot, but now think there was probably a parking sticker I could have asked for. Anybody know about that? I ended up in the lot near the Equestrian center which was still about 4,000 ft. from the concours , not so hard on me but it was on the 80-year old spouse

5. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    There are no parking `lots' closer than the one across from the Gooding tents. Some of the local towns (e.g., Carmel-by-the-Sea, Monterey, PG?)) offer shuttles for a fee (something like $30 for Carmel, good for all day).

http://www.pebblebeachconcours.net/visitor-guide/directions-parking.html

As for `back alleys', Pebble has none that I've ever found.

6. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    in booth next to Maserati, labeled Art & Books. I'll try to remember to put my name up identifying me as FChat:Bitzman.

Especially like to meet some of the car designers I talked to on the Fchat design thread--guys from GM in the '60s, a period when I used to visit the Design Center when I was a Wolverine....

7. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    I don't have all the details but suffice to say a dealership rep from one big dealer said she would be there , where there are Test Drives. Not sure if these are arranged back at the 70-car display or at Casa Ferrari or if you have to own a Ferrari (and be able to show your registration) to qualify. But anyhow if you have a ticket in hand from your "sponsoring" dealer, I'd call back and say you want to be listed for a test drive.

(Only trouble is, I drove a Bentley Continental dhc at Bentley House and the question is: how fast can you go in Pebble Beach? The answer? 25 mph) But it was grand motoring!

8. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    #83 bitzman, Aug 14, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley

A few more bits of info. The rally will actually start at The Ritz Carleton in Half Moon Bay and from there, tour roads in the Napa Valley, with first class accommodations and food. The tour will include a track day at Thunderhill if one is inclined to do that. The rally lasts 5 days and the cost is $15k, but only offered to "select" clienti.

10. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    Is this Casa Ferrari a closed event? i.e. doesn't matter if you're an owner, no invite = no entry?

11. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    And you get the tickets from dealers who gsve them to favored customers.
    I read on Fchat of ticket prices of $650 so I am not sure if the dealer charges his customer. Some dealerships with as many as 2,000 customers got only 24 tickets. Yet I am corresponding with a sales promotion lady from one dealer about a test drive and I don't have a ticket to the Casa so I'm thinking those test drives must be run out of some other place on the Peninsula. But if your goal is to see the 70 Ferraris, rest easy, I heard that's free--they are outside of the area where the concours is so once you're in Pebble Beach you can see the cars on the first green of the golf course. These are separate from the four classes of Ferraris in the concours Sunday. It costs over $300 for a concours ticket

12. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    The 70 Ferrari's will line the *fairway* on the first hole. Pebble Beach golf course is known for their unusually small greens...no way to fit 70 Ferrari's on one green...;)

Concours tickets are $375ea (new price as of 8/1).

13. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    I re-read the letter from the dealership lady and will quote where she mentions the gas station used last year:

" Ferrari North America is using a new suite (The Lodge) on the Golf Course and calling it as well "Casa Ferrari". The access to this "suite" is extremely exclusive to those $850 pass holders. But the green area, is where the 70th anniversary display will be on. The Old Gas Station will be for test drive by appointment only. "

So my next questions will be:
    is the test drive appt. made at the Casa or can you go right to the gas station? on Hwy 1?

Do you have to be able to prove you are a current Ferrari owner in order to test drive?

Do you have to have your local Ferrari dealer "backing you," verifying you are their customer

And what cars do we get to drive?

14. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    #89 bitzman, Aug 15, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
    WANTED Your Casa Ferrari ticket after you've visited the shrine. II want one used, but don't know yet if they will be re-useable (they might punch it like they do at the racetrack when you enter , one punched hole for each day you go there). if it is indeed reusable, I have some fine art prints-GTO, swb, few newer Ferraris, (viewable at Art & Books at Concorso) or write me a PM, I'll send you a list of prints.

I hope ome F-chatter already up there on scene will report they have visited Casa and can report if the ticket is marked in any way or if they are not, hence re-usable. Someone will know by Thursday--they ought to start entertaining visitors by then...

15. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    Got similar details from my dealership.

Casa Ferrari requires a VIP Hospitality Passes from FNA [$895]. These were incredibly limited, and thus, the shroud of mystery around it. That said, it sounds like the 70th anniversary display will be available to the public in the afternoon on Saturday.

16. natman316

natman316 Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2015
    #91 natman316, Aug 16, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
    Anyone know if there will be special parking for Ferrari cars? At the 70th Anniversary Display. My car is in the shop, havent had time to go pick it up and I'm wondering if I should bother going to pick it up so I have it for Saturday or just go in my SUV.

17. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Seems unlikely. Haven't seen anything about special parking in or around Pebble.

18. 328gts1987

328gts1987 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 11, 2007
    Rotterdam Holland
    Full Name:
    Fred
    This rally starts monday?
    We are staying at the Ritz in halfmoon bay monday night to catch the flight back to Holland Tuesday. It would be nice to wake up between the family ;)

19. 328gts1987

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 11, 2007
    Rotterdam Holland
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Edit: is there a convoy starting in Carmel/monterey area to drive up to the Ritz at half moon bay?
    If so does anyone details of departure location & time?
    Love to drive up the coast enjoying scenery and the cars!

20. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
  21. 328gts1987

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 11, 2007
    Rotterdam Holland
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Ritz hotel at Half Moon Bay on 21st is confirmed to be start of the rally.
    However time of arrival & departure convoy are not. Anyone?

22. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    #97 SECRET, Aug 20, 2017
    couple things about yesterday.

Casa Ferrari 2017 Exists
    However, it is completely roped off. Per discussion above, you needed a hospitality invite and needed to have paid in advance to get credentials for the event. It is located just a few meters down 17 Mile Drive from the Pebble Beach Pro Shop.

70th Anniversary Display is open the the public
    The 70th Anniversary Display including the classic Ferraris leading up to modern Ferraris and the tribute to the 70th anniversary is on display just behind Casa Ferrari. You can walk around the Pro Shop side to see it. It is not on display on the Peter Hay lawn as previously discussed.

No Ferrari Parking
    Even the Casa Ferrari map provided earlier that guided folks to Lot 12 was a disaster. The Lot 12 grounds is a bark field littered with dips, old tree stumps, rocks, etc. I managed to make it in w/o a scratch, but I parked in what looked like a VIP parking area for Infiniti staff just left of entering Lot 12. I exited going towards the Infiniti stand and out of a loading area. Seems they thought I was just lost getting to the Ferrari 70th Anniversary loading area, so all gates opened for us on the way out.

Enjoy your Sunday if you're out there and get there early! BTW, I was treated with way more respect and welcome at McLaren, Lamborghini, and Porsche than I was at Ferrari. Being an owner didn't mean anything at Ferrari. Ferrari of Silicon Valley however was fantastic at hosting us at their suite at Concorso Italiano.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. 365GTC/4

365GTC/4 Formula 3

Apr 7, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    I visited only McLaren and it was great. Had a long discussion with Amanda McLaren. Very hospitable and an excellent image for the brand. Well done McLaren.

24. 328gts1987

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 11, 2007
    Rotterdam Holland
    Full Name:
    Fred
    #100 328gts1987, Aug 23, 2017
    As there was no convoy from Carmel to Half Moon Bay we did it relaxed Monday.
    We left our hotel in Carmel, did some shopping at Ocean Ave (including coffee at the bean Factory, Check it out!) to make our way to LagunaSeca and see the checkered competition.
    Luckely I was offered to be a passenger in a California T (Doug's or is it Gail? :p) to enjoy the Corkscrew...

After lunch we set course to Half-MoonBay as we booked a room at The Ritz.
    On our way we spotted a set of 488's and followed them to the light-house. We spoke the drivers briefly but met them again at the Hotel (only 14 miles down the road)

On arrival manny participants checked in, it was great to see (and hear) all the ferrari's start-up after luggage drop-off. The cars were (valet)parked in the garage next to the hotel.
    As welcome party Ferrari displayed a 812 Superfast in front of the hotel and a F70 Aperta at the back were the party would be.

We met different (friendly) participants we recognized from Carmel/Carweek.
    After our dinner (indoors) we were invited to join the party and had a great time.

Next morning the rally started strict at 09:00 and all cars were started (by the drivers) inside the garage. It was great to see and hear all cars starting up.
    After the official start we had to say goodbye as our flight was at 12:50 at FSO and we didn't want to miss it.

It is true the event is enclosed. However as Ferraristi (read: family) you enjoy more when the experience is shared. The wineries I can visit at my own convenience and pick the restaurant myself. However to see so many (beautiful) Ferrari's mixed together only Ferrari can arrange this.
    I was very fortunate to be there and feel privileged to experience the warm welcome by family members. Something Ferrari Spa seems to counteracting....