Ferrari Enzo #399 of #399 | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Enzo #399 of #399

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by SupercarGuru, Feb 18, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

Is that the only thing needed to get it US spec compliant?

2. snowlz

snowlz Rookie

May 20, 2014
    Brazil - Miami
    Full Name:
    Pedro Maia

There are also little details that need to be changed, like: rear taillights, seabelt and ECU

3. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Total non issue.

MagnaFlow makes US legal replacement cats,including Calif. legal ones that can fit anything.

About $75.

Ferrari Catalytic Converters - JCWhitney

4. MM355

MM355 Formula 3

Apr 7, 2008
    GMT + 3
    Any pics of Todt's car, Piero Ferrari's Enzo and Luca's enzo?

5. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
    #105 SupercarGuru, Nov 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    So after a almost 8 months of the import process, faith, perseverance, research, etc. We have successfully finished the certification and importation of Ferrari Enzo #399.

This has been a long and exciting journey. I am sorry I have not updated this thread. There has been a massive amount of work involved to make this project a reality. Thank you to JK Technologies for making this project happen.

The car was loaded up yesterday in Baltimore and should hopefully be in Miami by Monday am.

Now that my partner and myself can sleep. I will finish telling the story!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

snowlz and elmadi like this.
  6. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
    #106 SupercarGuru, Jan 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Have not updated this thread too much lately! I apologize. Just posted a few photos in the Ferrari Enzo Thread.

Have had the car on display at some very cool venues and in collaboration with Pininfarina during Art Basel.

snowlz likes this.
  7. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    So beautiful...

8. rickytestarossa

Dec 25, 2014
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Ricky Torres
    What a great accomplishment. The Enzo is like in my humble opinion the best Ferrari ever.
    Keep us posted, thanks for sharing.

elmadi likes this.
  9. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Very nice! Congratulations!

10. elmadi

elmadi Formula 3

Apr 25, 2009
    I agree that is why Enzo is my all time favourite

11. elmadi

elmadi Formula 3

Apr 25, 2009

Thanks SupercarGuru for sharing the story and pics of the #399 Enzo. Can you also share to us the story and pics of Schumi's Enzo? Thank you

12. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Sold by Joe Sackey Classics LLC to our longterm client, thanks SupercarGuru for the opportunity

snowlz and of2worlds like this.
  13. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Interesting tidbit regarding the Schumacher Enzo. I had my 1989 328 GTB in Florida back in January for the Cavallino Classic in Palm Beach. Prior to the show my car was being stored and detailed in a small discrete warehouse near Ft. Lauderdale. When I went to check on the car, sure enough, what was being stored off to the side? The Michael Schumacher Enzo. Two interesting things I noticed about the car - The tail lights were US spec. I wondered how this could be because it was originally a Euro car, but now I understand after reading this thread that it was converted for the US. Also, the front boot is totally modified to accommodate a very intense sound system that Schumacher had installed in the car. The system uses the entire space (no tools or storage space). On a personal note, the spec did nothing for me. The color seemed more Rosso Dino than Rosso Scuderia to me. I also was not a fab of the Cuoio interior. Still, it was a rather unique car to stumble upon. I wish I had photos to share but I was asked to not photograph the car which I respected, of course.

elmadi and of2worlds like this.
  14. 812

812 Rookie

Jan 4, 2019
    Full Name:
    Simon
    saadxj220 and elmadi like this.
  15. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

They don't. The US turn signal indicator is made up of a half portion of the outer circular red portion, not the inner central lens. Why that is, I don't know. I prefer the amber myself.

elmadi and 812 like this.
  16. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Correction - the entire red circular portion of the inside unit flashes as the turn signal. Please see mark 8:35 on this video:

elmadi and 812 like this.
  17. 812

812 Rookie

Jan 4, 2019
    Full Name:
    Simon
    I was living in a misconception my whole life about the US turn signal for the Enzo it seems like. Now I know, and I think I now have an understanding why, it's because in US NHSA has some weird rules regarding turn signals, the area that is lighted up needs to be of a certain minimum requirement, perhaps the inner clear circle was too small so they used the outer ring of the inner tailligt.

elmadi likes this.
  18. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    I know it has something to do with the ratio but I still see many cars with small amber turn signals. I can’t say I know the precise details.

19. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall

I am almost certain FMVSS allows amber lights in forward facing positions only.

20. 812

812 Rookie

Jan 4, 2019
    Full Name:
    Simon
    I'm sure that if Ferrari didn't have to do it they wouldn't. Either way, thank you for explanation.

21. 812

812 Rookie

Jan 4, 2019
    Full Name:
    Simon
    That is not the issue, there were and are many cars sold in US using the amber turn signal in the rear. Take the 2003 Toyota Camry for example:
    as you can clearly see it has the amber light bulb behind the clear lens, that's how it came from factory.

22. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    I'm wrong. May be an old law. Thankfully they have changed a lot of regulations about lighting.

23. 812

812 Rookie

Jan 4, 2019
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Could be. That is true, although the law about the size of the rear turn signal area that is lighted up is a bit dated now with the LED taillights. Take Audi for example, in Europe they have a beautiful turn signal with an LED strip "flowing" in the direction of the turn, well in US because of regulations they had to add an additional area as it was too small.....
    Europe:

USA:

Despite one being A8 and other A4 it works like that on every car in US with the additional area lighting up. LEDs are bright enough, European version is clearly visible, not sure why they won't adapt the law to new technology. Sorry for going way off topic here.

24. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    You are correct. Still today, all US cars are required to have front turn flashers in amber or white. As for rear, it is a ratio red/amber question. With cars that meet the ratio, they are usually the same globally. For those that don’t, in the US the flashers are red. It’s an odd regulation. Other examples include most all modern Mercedes. All current Alfa’s are this way too. Currently, all modern Ferrari’s s except the 488 are red in the US and amber in Europe (the 488 has amber turn flashers).

25. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
    Wow! Old thread, definitely miss this car.

imahorse likes this.