Ferrari Enthusiast, Web Developer & Entrepreneur | FerrariChat

Ferrari Enthusiast, Web Developer & Entrepreneur

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Drafun, Jan 10, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Drafun

Drafun Rookie

Oct 23, 2014
    Chicago
    Hi everyone!!!

I'm a big Ferrari fan and hope to own a 458 within the next 5 years. It is a big goal but given my skillset, I think it's achievable with the right business connections. I love how unique and perfect 458's look. Often times I find myself reading through topics on this forum and it is interesting...

Me personally. I'm currently a Web Developer with a relatively high starting salary, 21-years-old and no student debts whatsoever. I think this puts me at a huge advantage in comparison to most 20 somethings. Also, I'll soon be learning how to create iOS & Android apps. I cannot wait for what 2015 has in store for me and so far everything is looking really good.

I cannot wait for the moment when I can buy and maintain a Ferrari. I've never driven nor been in one. Recently I've been contemplating buying a 2010-11 Maserati GT but am unsure. I could comfortably afford it, but would it be the right step for me right now? Idk.

How does it feel knowing that you own a Ferrari? How about the attention you always get? Any cool stories? Could you describe the moment the keys were handed to you?

Thanks everyone!!!

2. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    The keys ..... ahhhhh an awesome feeling, and welcome to F chat. You might want to fill out your profile a bit more with your location. There is most likely a Ferrari owner close to you. Consider a used one first in the Maserati range ? Do your research, talk to people on here, and yes it is well worth the wait. I personally don't like the attention and love the back roads, but a thumbs up from someone does not hurt.

3. Drafun

Drafun Rookie

Oct 23, 2014
    Chicago
    Hi! Yea there are a quite FChatters in the Chicago area, as well as other Ferrari owners. I just don't want to be a nuisance asking for a ride (I'm sure they get asked every day). I guess it'll come in due time... but if the opportunity presents itself, sure!

I'm actually saving up to buy a 2010-2011 Maserati GT in the $60-65k range. I plan to save $30k, call in a $10k favor and finance the rest.

4. mobiledev22

mobiledev22 Karting

Feb 20, 2015
    Boston
    I'm actually the original poster. This post is a bit of 5-years-later memoir.

In short: I blew it. I don't own a Ferrari five years later despite making more than enough income. I'm now 27.

I'm really disappointed in myself. I did actually buy that Maserati GT in 2015, and sold it a year later in 2016.

A better investment would had been to buy Tesla stock. In 2015 I had $60K in cash, and I seriously considered buying TSLA. I chose to buy the Maserati, which I only owned for a year. It was traded for an Audi A7, which has massively depreciated in value. The Mas GT, on the other hand, has held quite steadily. I've been a HUGE Elon Musk fan since 2014. AI, ML? Check -- been rambling about it since then. If I had chosen to invest in TSLA, the $60k would be $427K today.

I earned ~$200k/yr in salary in the years between 2015 and late 2018. More than enough to save, invest and probably own a house & Ferrari by now.

Total pre-tax income over the last 4 years has been ~$1.1M.

Unfortunately, I wasted most of that income on living a lifestyle that wasn't affordable. I was paying all expenses for two people -- myself & my then-girlfriend. Multiple car payments, expensive rent, accumulated credit card debt which ruined my credit and going out to eat for every meal every day.

I didn't care about saving money -- since my plan was always to sell a company by now. I also gained a lot of weight, and wasn't very happy with my appearance during these years.

I wish I would had done things differently. Life would be so much better today. My then-girlfriend, whom is a few years older, did cry when I bought the Maserati. Not out of happiness, but anger. She wanted me to use that money to invest in Real Estate. I wish I had done that as well.

I'm now 27 and still earn a relatively high income. 2019 was thankfully a great year for me: I cleared my debt, began to fix my credit score, and finally started saving money. Hopefully I learn from my financial mistakes in future years.

[​IMG]
    ^ 2015-2016

Texas Forever likes this.
  5. jdlegg

jdlegg Karting

Dec 22, 2009
    Bryan
    Full Name:
    James D
    Keep the dream alive!

mobiledev22 likes this.