Ferrari driving game - anyone plays? | FerrariChat

Ferrari driving game - anyone plays?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by kali, Aug 31, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kali

kali Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2007
    Full Name:
    Elle
    Just bought the PS3 Ferrari game for the F-car lover in my life, I heard it has relatively real driving dynamics. What can I add to the peripherals to make the experience better? He has the basics, console, controllers. No steering wheel though. Does that make any difference? Has anyone played this? Thoughts? Comments? Vitamin B17?

2. Latsyrc

Latsyrc F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2008
    Utah, USA
    Full Name:
    Travis
    I really enjoy the game with my controller, but for some reason, it's really hard for me with the wheel. I have no problems on other games with it, so I'm not sure what it is. :)

3. kali

kali Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2007
    Full Name:
    Elle
    thanks. He does not have the wheel, and since its a hinderance to the game anyways, I'll save myself some dough and just leave the wheel out.

4. Latsyrc

Latsyrc F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2008
    Utah, USA
    Full Name:
    Travis
    You'll want a wheel for GT5 when it comes out. :)

5. Lemke

Lemke F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2004
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    oh yes you will. G27 or DFGT.

6. kali

kali Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2007
    Full Name:
    Elle
    Hahaha, I've never even heard of those ones. The only one that I played where I actually was good at was Burnout. It was so much easier to crash the cars or make other people crash theirs than to actually drive mine well.

So I see the verdict is to get a steering wheel for the other games, any recommendations of good realistic wheels?

7. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee