Ferrari Dino 206 Speciale | FerrariChat

Ferrari Dino 206 Speciale

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by 275GTBSaran, Feb 7, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 275GTBSaran

275GTBSaran Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2012
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Le Monde Edmond
  2. Timmmmmmmmmmy

Timmmmmmmmmmy F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2010
    NZ
    Full Name:
    Timothy Russell
    Great article Edmond. Lovely car and the nature of it gives the buyer options, in this case good options and that cannot be a bad thing.

3. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    No gb and no internals. Did it ever had these parts and you could restore it or it never had them and this will never be a car that you can drive (unless you ruin its originality)?

4. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    I drove it:)

In 1995 I pulled it out of the Le Mans museum during 24h race weekend for a photoshoot -which took a LOT of convincing, I had to push a lot and I am not just talking about the car:)- and there was a slope behind the museum parallel to the Dunlop curve but facing the other way so I coasted down to the parking lot by the circuit tunnel entrance. Yes I checked the brakes before. Shoot was for Cavallino but we never got around to publishing that one with so many other articles going on at the time before I moved on.

A seminal car, the birth of a whole new design family.

MS

5. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    What happened to the pictures you took?

6. GIOTTO

GIOTTO F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Dec 30, 2006
    FRANCE
    I think it's worth much more than 2-5 or 7 M.

7. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Hello Geno,

The slides are in my archives amongst my ex Florida belongings in storage south of London at my publisher's warehouse. I was there in December but not sure when I am going back, anyway they are of no particular interest, especially after the zillions of detailed photos taken of the car this week.

At the time though they would have been because the car got almost zero attention and I remember already being intrigued by it in the 80's the first times I went to Le Mans for the 24 hours and discovering it in the museum. It would be nice to reunite Aldo Brovarone with the car and have him explain its design in detail.

MS

8. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    You have some cool experiences! I was wondering if it indeed was possible at all to fit inside the car with such a low roofline, but your story proves it can be done. Was it a tight fit?

9. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    #9 Nembo1777, Feb 9, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
    No, but I was slim then, 22 years ago, I am more un-slim now:)

Actually I did not feel it was tight in terms of height and the seats are not so enveloping. Looking at it Tuesday it came back to mind and the interior has a lot of light and all the white makes it very welcoming not claustrophobic at all. I am 1m75/5ft 9 and my head did not touch the ceiling, not super close.

It could easily be driven and I hope the buyer makes it a runner.

Another time last year I did have an ergonomic problem: I had a chance to test drive a Niki Lauda F1 car, the one Emanuele Pirro drove in the Monaco Historics last May to 4th place but I was worried, so even though I would have tested it months later somewhere else I said better find out and not fly to California for nothing, let's see now if I fit so after the race Pete Racely who took care of the car for the brothers who own it took the bodywork off, the seat, everrrrrytthing possible, I took off my shoes emptied my pockets and...my hip bones would have had to be chainsawed by 3 or 4 inches! This was not a weight issue but hip widht. Pirro a wonderful guy who appreciates history and has a great sense of humor was looking and laughed in a friendly teasing way and while I was realizing it meant it was destined never to happen I laughed too:)

I hope I will eventually find another chance in a red F1 with wider cockpit...and perhaps in the Dino Speciale as a running car for an article:)

Best regards,

Marc

10. ginge82

ginge82 Formula 3

Jul 23, 2012
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Art Corvelay
    Would anyone like to make an educated guess at what size of bill faces the new owner if they wanted to actually get this car moving and road legal?

11. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    Funny story about the F1 car in Monaco. I was there too last year and witnessed one of the drivers getting in the car. It was already a tight squeeze with the upper body part off the car and it looked positively claustrophobic when the mechanics pushed the upper body shell over the driver!

12. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    It certainly is!:)

MS

13. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed