Ferrari deny Alonso rumours as "nonsense" | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Ferrari deny Alonso rumours as "nonsense"

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by 355, May 29, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fastback33

fastback33 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2004
    I agree, on the piquet comment he can make anyone look good. However, although not very noticeable and it is speculation on both our parts, he has made the renault faster, or atleast look faster then it is.

2. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I dont think he has made anything look faster. Anytime he has been faster he has sacrificed the engine just for the glory of looking good in Qualy and the first third of the race. He has not improved the car one bit. His socalled development skills are not showing. He has been developing his cars for the last 2 years on stolen knowledge. We are now seeing exactly what he really is.......a mid packer at best.

3. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    There are none so blind as those who will not see... :rolleyes:

4. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Gotta disagree with you BIG TIME, here...

5. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    Your hate has blinded you my friend. Open your eyes and join us in reality.

6. Scuderia980

Scuderia980 F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2006
    Mountains--Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave S. V
    Unhinged post of the year...

wow, just, wow. you for real???

7. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    I have next to zip-zero respect for Alonso as a human.
    As a driver he is without a doubt in my mind the best current driver in the field.
    Schumacher, Senna, GVilleneuve talent.

8. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Then why did he struggle against a rookie
    Besides Renault he will never drive for a top team.

9. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Because that rookie was Lewis Hamilton, who is quick in terms of raw speed.
    Alonso is the whole deal. Speed, experiance, and cunning.

When did Ferrari not become a top team ?

10. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    Plus LH was with the team since he was 13 and Ron Dennis started to show him preferencial treatment over Alonso. How can you race someone and expect to be treated fairly when the team principle says he sees them as a son? On top of that, by year's end they were even in points, LH would have only won on a tie breaker. It's not like LH destroyed him.

11. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Kind of like Fernando's relationship to Flavio? Flav was quoted as saying he sees Fred as a son, and Alonso has been affiliated with Renault since before he was with Minardi. So much for Fisi and Jarno then...

Also, no Lewis didn't destroy him, bu nobody would expect a rookie to be this competitive with Fernando. The key here, is that he'll continue to get even better.

12. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    Fernando was not with the team when he was 13 as Lewis was. That comparison is a bit ridiculous.

13. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Oh I'm sorry, was Lewis testing the Mclaren when he was 13? No, he was receiving money to race go karts. Don't exaggerate his relationship with Mclaren, they even had a falling out in 2004, and Lewis was looking to join Williams. He didn't even do a proper test in the car until 2006, so he didn't actually start working with that team until winter 06. Alonso had equal chance to win the WDC, but had he not thrown a fit for not being treated like Schumacher, he'd still be with them, winning races.

14. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Behave Luis, ;) Lewis was just a bit too good for FA's liking..all of course, IMHLO : Translated (In My Hammy Loving Opinion)..:)

15. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    And your point? Did Flavio and Alonso even know each other when FA was 13? I can remember an interview with LH in autoweek back then when he talked about hanging out in the factory with Mika and DC (They asked him if DC or Mika ever gave them advise, he said not really other than DC giving him advice about girls. Seems to have worked) You're trying to downplay the relationship. It's one thing to work with someone for a long time quite another to watch them grow up before your eyes.

16. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis

:p

That's for you!

17. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    And you're assuming that there are connotations with this relationship, that become inherent and therefore give Lewis an infallible advantage over Fernando. Who cares if Ron knew Lewis since he was 13, did it make him any quicker when it was time for him to perform? NO. Who gives a crap is DC "gave Lewis advice about girls"? Did that help him perform so well off the bat that he was soon able to out qualify and beat Alonso? NO. That's my point.

18. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis

And my point is that once he started to do well against Alonso the team naturally favored him. Do you really think they got equal treatment at that time. Ron Dennis might have tried to but in the end he failed to give them equal treatment. They even admitted they wanted to see LH win the title. How would you feel about that if you were in Alonso's shoes? It's been happening at McLaren for many years, they say they have no team orders or number one of two driver but evidence proves otherwise. LH always seemed to be the one to get that last lap in Q3 to steal pole. Alonso rightfully expected to be the teams' number one, when it didn't happen that way he started acting like a b****, no question there but he came into a totally unexpected situation and reacted badly.

19. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I think it was more like when Alonso opened up his big mouth that Lewis got the preferencial treatment. But in the end unless Alonso clearly outraces Lewis then Lewis was to be the "1" .

20. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    At year's end it was even. And Alonso won with the car first not Hamilton. What more do you want.

21. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    Well you tried to make it sound like Ron Dennis was just giving money to some random karter and didn't even know him. that's not the truth either.

22. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I'll need a citation for that, if you don't mind.

Also, Alonso expected to have a number 2 in Hamilton, like Fisi. Mclaren weren't willing to have Lewis hold himself back, just to appease Fernando. When Fernando started getting beaten, and found that he had a teammate that wouldn't lay down, things went downhill. If Fernando just put his head down, and got on with the job, we would have seen some good battles, and he would still be winning races, period. Also, based on you're rather empty statement above, how is that any different from Ferrari supporting Raikkonen at the end of the year when he was ahead in points? Rememer Fuji? Where they brought Massa in simply to let Raikkonen pass? You know, the race where Lewis dominated and Fred crashed out? :) The fact is, teams will support the driver who's ahead in points at the end of the year, to secure the title.

23. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis

It was a SpeedTV broadcast. Not sure the race, i'm trying to find it now. (might have been some nameless team member Windsor talked to)

It wasn't that McLaren wasn't willing to hold LH back, he did his share of whining too.

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/140982.html

Towards the end it was clear to see who the team was backing
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/formula_1/article2617378.ece

I've said it several times before and I'll say it again. LH choked last year when it mattered most. The catalyst to the whole thing in Hungary was all Lewis's fault because he wouldn't follow a team directive. Of course FA gets all the blame. All the points lost would have changed the whole championship. Lewis wanted control and number 1 status within the team and he took it screwing the team and Alonso out of the 07 WDC in the process. Were it not for his arrogance, McLaren would have won the WDC last year.

24. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    The team choked Lewis in China leaving him out on cord's total madness he had it won there, had that been FA you would have said Mclaren were trying to sabotage him. The pressure was on piled on LH , and then he choked in Brazil, too much too soon for a rookie's shoulder's, but with the spying issue, it ended as it should have done, if your into Karma.

I'am not going over it again, Luis you either think LH is ****/or you just plain dont like him, admit it...Your forgetting you are comparing him to probably the best driver in F1 right now, so stop grasping at straw's he's damn good. and leading the WDC as of now, prove's that. ;)

25. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Why should he, have to accept a #2 role to FA, he wanted to win, not roll over and lay down to FA.

If arrogance is desire and passion to win, and not play 2nd fiddle then yes. :p