Ferrari Dealership - PPI | FerrariChat

Ferrari Dealership - PPI

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by DarrenP, Jul 16, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DarrenP

DarrenP Rookie

Feb 2, 2015
    Hi again,

Have another question.

Is it advisable to still get a PPI done ( Testarossa) even if buying from an official Ferrari dealership?

2. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    Not if they provide an ironclad warrantee. But of course they likely won’t. Highly unlikely they will agree to a ppi.

If you buy from a private party…. you can assess both the owner and the car. Highly likely a ppi can be negotiated. Highly likely the ppi dealership will make every effort to degrade the car in order the sell you ‘their’ car instead.

Dealership cars are typically a pig in a poke (love that phrase). You can buy the car…. but you can’t look inside!

Attached Files:

3. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Yes, always get an independent ppi. Let’s face it some dealers may not disclose every problem. Had it happen from a non Ferrari dealer group. It’s really cheap insurance to know what you are buying. This is not that time to go cheap and save money. Otherwise I would t buy it.

boxerman likes this.
  4. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    I get a PPI if my Mother is trying to sell me a car.

If they won’t let the car leave the facility, then ask for the use of one of their lifts for an Indy to use. If that is refused, then red lights go off and on to the next car.

Zeff likes this.
  5. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Every car has issues no matter how small, thats to be expected. You want to know what youre getting and what youre in for. I would never rely on a "dealer" saying its in good shape.

Would you buy a house without an inspection.