458 - Ferrari customer Service | FerrariChat

458 Ferrari customer Service

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Beemer, Mar 8, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Beemer

Beemer Karting

Apr 5, 2016
    Punta Gorda, Florida
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Recently I had an seat issue with my 458 Italia which I posted on the Chat. I contacted Ferrari.com and had both verbal and written interaction with the customer service staff in Italy. They established a case number, identified my nearest dealer, and forwarded it to the Ferrari customer service staff in New Jersey. Discussions with the dealer were a dead end, but they told me I would receive an e-mail from from the NJ representative; that never happened. I made multiple calls to the NJ representative after given his name from their operator. We finally spoke, and as I was told in response to my posting, all I would get would be lip service and that is what it was, lip service. A summary of the call’s comments from the NJ representative was even though the car has only 9500 miles with only a few people using the seat in the last two years, who knows how much abuse the two previous owners did; even though I had multiple repair experts look at the problem, you should go to an authorized Ferrari service center not uncertified repair personnel; when asked what I would like as a solution, I said Ferrari should replace the seat at their cost to me but I was told it could be only ordered through a dealer but I could call dealers around the US and see who would give me the best price; and in other words, nothing from the NJ representative except lip service. The best comment that put the NJ customer service thought process in perspective was when I asked why do the newer 458s, even the 488s, etc. have stickeys, he said other makes have the same problem and here is the name of a person to redo the interior pieces. You ask your child why they do something wrong and they other children do the same the same thing, so why can’t l do it? It was one of those efforts that one does just to make one feel better. It’s a Ferrari and you get the good with the bad.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

2. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Aside from the post being very difficult to read and understand, what I gathered happened is that you have a used 458, are the 3rd owner and have a problem with your seat and you want ferrari to fix it for free???

why would they do that?

Caeruleus11 and bball16 like this.
  3. OSUferrari

OSUferrari Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    I agree. Was hard to follow but warranty is only 36 months. After that you are on your own. Who knows what previous owners did to the seat. Sorry but this is not a Ferrari issue in my opinion.

4. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

I must also agree with SoCal and OSU . The warrantee is up , get the seat fixed and move on. This is a Ferrari , not a Hyundai , s**t happens. Be glad it’s only a seat issue not an engine or infotainment issue.
    What exactly is wrong with the seat anyway ?
    Oh , and the stickies ...... welcome to Ferrari.
    Best , Kirk.

IloveGT likes this.
  5. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Not exactly. He asked for Ferrari to replace and charge him their cost as a courtesy.

Not a crazy ask. But not likely to be met. Other brands often use their goodwill in this way.

I think the point of the post isn’t his ask but the general lack of assistance provided to the customer and the referral to call around to get a price, etc.

That said, perhaps the retort about stickies was a tad passive aggressive and the goodwill part of the phone call was over.

Maybe some of y’all with 180 LSATs can correct my reading comp....

458 Spider 0414 likes this.
  6. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Why would any dealer or Ferrari replace an out of warranty defective seat for the 3rd owner of the car at cost?? This make no sense.

Are any of you in the business to lose money and not make a profit? Shouldn’t Ferrari be entitled to make a profit? Maybe the lack of communication was due to the fact that it’s such an unreasonable request.

Or the original post maybe about something completely different but that’s how I read it.

turbokraft and OSUferrari like this.
  7. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona

I know you came to the forum looking for sympathy for your plight and thought that you would have the support of the members but your request is unreasonable on many levels and my suggestion would be to just pay for the repair of the seat and be done with it.

8. OSUferrari

Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    Imagine if Ferrari replaced all parts out of warranty at cost what would happen to the company. Brands are built via profits (not losses) and Ferrari was just rated #1 in the world. Somehow people think because the car is expensive the manufacturer should go above and beyond and do things that no normal company would do.

SoCal to az likes this.
  9. triathgeek

triathgeek Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2010
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Buy a new Camry with an extended warranty.

IloveGT likes this.
  10. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    Awesome. Straight to the point.

Cigarzman likes this.
  11. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    Did you not examine the car before you bought the car? Did anyone imply to you that these would be taken care of by Ferrari manufacturer?

12. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    A 2012 458 race seat has a torn stitch on a 3rd owner car with nearly 10K miles and long out of warranty. I would do what the expert upholsterers suggested to you for the fix. Maybe Ferrari would take more interest if the car stayed with their team the whole time and under paid annual warranty for the duration without a lot of claims. I don't dig the no call back but they tried to help you out some. Need to up your new car game substantially to feel the love.

13. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    Beemer, your post is very hard to read, it’s not concise, no paragraphs to help and lots of jumble.

What I got from it is, you are the 3rd owner and car is out of warranty and you want Ferrari to replace interior parts for free.

Ferrari should not replace these interior parts. They are not liable to do this on an out of warranty car.

14. PA Wolfpacker

PA Wolfpacker Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Based on the OP post I can’t blame Ferrari for their response. BUT I do blame them for some of their other responses. For example, charging $1,000 for a replacement battery on a 9 month old car since it was driven less than 2,000 miles/year.

If they want to be a top luxury company then treat your customers like one.

15. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Totally different issue. If you are saying they charge too much for some of their items, then yes I agree with you but its their business and it obviously works for them. But if you are saying they should offer fixes at no profit or a loss, then ill ask again- why would any company do that?

Cigarzman likes this.
  16. PA Wolfpacker

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    They absolutely should replace a bad battery within the first year of ownership. I am not aware of any car company that does not offer at least a prorated battery within the first year of ownership.

PTG1 likes this.
  17. OSUferrari

Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    They did not for you? I am 100% certain my dealership would have covered this if Ferrari would not.

PTG1 likes this.
  18. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    If the car is under warranty then absolutely. If it’s not, then why would they??

19. PA Wolfpacker

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    The dealer said Ferrari implemented a new policy that you had to put at least 2,000 miles/year on the car to qualify for a free replacement. The GM called on my behalf and was able to cover mine since I had purchased 3 new cars. Pity the guy that hasn’t purchased that many.

SoCal to az likes this.
  20. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Understood.

I think I'm a bit confused as to what exactly are we talking about now. New car? Used car? but your point is taken.

21. PA Wolfpacker

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    My apologies, the car was a ‘17 488 Spider that was about 9 months old. The car was always on the tender when I wasn’t driving the car.

22. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    So a used car out of warranty, but recently so. And you as a repeat customer, Ferrari took care of you. Thats what they should have done. But a 8-10 year old car, 3rd owner, seat issue? yeah, not so much.

23. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    I also find the OP's posts hard to understand.

As far as the model year, his profile says he has a 2012 458, so an 8-year old car. Way out of warranty.

24. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    And the op is not responding.
    Sigh. .

25. Ianjoub

Ianjoub Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2019
    Homosassa, FL USA
    Full Name:
    Ian Joubert