FERRARI CHAT AWARDS PARTY | Page 9 | FerrariChat

FERRARI CHAT AWARDS PARTY

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by k-diddy, Sep 16, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. s4dustin

s4dustin F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    we are just getting warmed up!

2. jm348

jm348 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2007
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff M
    So this was kinda like practice............

3. TG

TG F1 Veteran

Oct 26, 2004
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Taylor
    Maybe next time in a club?

Antony and myself know some of the people who run Element in Hollywood. Maybe worth talking to them when the time comes...

http://elementhollywood.com

4. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I think we've learned a lot from the first 2 award parties. The format and venue will be changing. The next one should be even better. :)

5. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    +1! :)

6. Tarek K.

Tarek K. F1 World Champ

Sep 7, 2006
    Cairo - Egypt
    Full Name:
    Tarek K.
    Great.....so once you guys get the hang of it, I'll join you for that award party ;).

Just kidding.....looked like a great party.

7. marankie

marankie Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2004
    Agoura Hills, Calif
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Well guys,
    Having been to both F chat parties, I think the first one was better.

Last year the seating for the "audience" could be adjusted so as to have a nice group around a table (now the small tables are all cemented in). And of course the award proceedings are too long with too many meaningless awards. Does R98 really need 3 pyramids? For this years event, the Sagebrush waitress service needed an award for "worst ever".

Unfortunately that extremly loud pile driving noise (some call it "music") drove me out of the door (maybe I am just an old fart) before the the bikini contest started. (Last year's music was much better). But IMHO judging by the pictures on this thread, a little more class and style (in keeping with the Ferrari image) would have made it something that we could have savoured a little longer.
    Martin

8. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    You may not like next years? ;)

9. jm348

jm348 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2007
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff M
    Let's reserve the vip section at the Rhino!!

10. Redd430

Redd430 Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2006
    CA
    Full Name:
    Steve G

I promise, you'll hate next year's party. These parties are not about class. We'll save that for the wine tasting events.

11. Redd430

Redd430 Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2006
    CA
    Full Name:
    Steve G
    So we seem to be getting a little better at putting on these parties. It appears that most of the guests enjoyed the evening.

Now it’s time to get some input on what we’re going to do next year to make it even better.

1. The bikini contest will definitely stay, so that will not an option to remove.
    2. It has been suggested that the next one be invitation only. This seems to be a popular idea.
    3. Not too sure about continuing to give the awards. We need input.
    4. Was there anything that we missed at the party or was it all covered?
    5. Do you like Sagebrush or is there a better venue? Keep in mind that the party next year will still be in this general area.
    6. As Jon, Dusty and I put out a good amount of money (with no return of investment expected or given), should there be a charge next year to help cover expenses?

Your comments and suggestions are welcome, but please keep this thread on topic.

Steve

12. dsevo

dsevo Formula Junior

May 7, 2007
    Flower Mound, TX
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    I think you guys are crazy not to charge an entrance fee (nothing too expensive). I will go next year, and I would be most definitely willing to pay. That would also weed out some people too, which may not be a bad thing. I also think people should have to RSVP.

13. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Let's do it at the Kodak Theater..... Red cars.......red carpet.......pink p.... OOPS! :)

14. chbak014

chbak014 Karting

May 7, 2007
    antarctica
    Full Name:
    chaz
    hahha... +1.......

15. BLUROAD

BLUROAD F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2006
    Tustin Ranch, Cali
    Full Name:
    Enrico Pollini
    1. put an age limit on the bikini contest for everyones sake( ahh my eyes..)
    2. your call, but who is going to invite you??? JK..lol. ( on a serious note its not all about you)
    3. I like the idea of it being a roast 1st and an awards party 2nd that keeps it fun
    4. can we find a place open to 2 or 3am? (some of us are not over 60)
    5. Why should it be in that area? to appease 8 percent? (Not all of us are 6 miles from there)
    6. what did you spend? I know you didnt buy that ferris wheel. We are all currious ( after all some of us pooled 1700 bucks together and flew Pap out from Australia, who did you bring?)

16. quiksilver55

quiksilver55 Karting

Sep 17, 2006
    New Orleans, LA
    Full Name:
    Jorge
    Dusty, Steve, Jon,

Great job on this year's party! I had a blast and think everyone else did too. Chock it up to lucky coincidence that our bikini contest winner made it out. Good eye candy.

As for next year, I think it would be fair to have a $50 or $100 entrance fee that would cover parking, buffet line meal and bikini contest prize.

- The entrance fee will keep the crowd down to those who really want to be there and relieve the food issue.

- Higher dollar contributors should rightfully get their pick of seats at the venue (with the exception of the comittee seating, of course), with first-come-first-serve, open seating for standard fee participants.

- As for whether or not to have awards, I'm neutral to the idea.

- I think it would be a good idea to have a projection slideshow of some of the many great images our photographically inclined members have taken throughout the year, and somehow recognize the photographer of the best one.

Just some thoughts. What do the rest of you think?

17. TG

TG F1 Veteran

Oct 26, 2004
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Taylor
    I had a great weekend, just to mention. Everyone has positive ideas, but it's starting to sound too complicated for a place like Sagebrush. You can't impose a $50-100 door to get in when others can eat a meal on their own then walk over. Not to mention the other ideas. I don't know how I'd feel if I payed to attend this party, after ordering a round and waiting 20 minutes we decided to walk up and get our own the rest of the night. I'd say either go all out at a private venue, or keep it very basic which can be just as fun if not more.

18. kev 355

kev 355 Formula Junior

Jul 26, 2005
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    No argument here.

From the reports I heard, it was way too overcrowded at the venue, so I vote for this.

I need to amass as many Photoshop trophies as possible. Keep 'em going. :)

Since I wasn't there, I can't comment. But I can concur with tgood about the abysmal service from the waitresses (from past events), and I can also try to clear my schedule to avoid a Maui conflict next year. :)

There's always a better venue. Perhaps a restaurant somewhere along PCH?

I see it as a community event. I chipped in by making the promo flyer; perhaps others could donate their time/money to other tasks?

19. Redd430

Redd430 Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2006
    CA
    Full Name:
    Steve G
    Thank you Dustin. I appreciate your input.

20. Redd430

Redd430 Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2006
    CA
    Full Name:
    Steve G
    Great ideas Jorge. Thank you.

21. Redd430

Redd430 Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2006
    CA
    Full Name:
    Steve G
    You've made a good point. If we were to charge, it would definitely include a dinner or buffet. Also, we are able to block off other customers from joining out party. However, it was fun seeing 350 people eying our models.

22. Redd430

Redd430 Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2006
    CA
    Full Name:
    Steve G
    Kev, You're flyer made the event as well as the web site. You deserve an award and more! Not being at the event, you went unacknowledged. I am sorry about that.

23. Redd430

Redd430 Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2006
    CA
    Full Name:
    Steve G
    Who did I bring? I brought the party. It's good that next year's may be invite only!!

24. RonnieF430Spider

RonnieF430Spider Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2006
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Ronnie C
    I agree with Steve on this point. I can think of a bunch of folks that will be invited....along with a few that won't be.

25. BLUROAD

BLUROAD F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2006
    Tustin Ranch, Cali
    Full Name:
    Enrico Pollini
    you would...