FERRARI CHAT AWARDS PARTY | Page 10 | FerrariChat

FERRARI CHAT AWARDS PARTY

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by k-diddy, Sep 16, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TimsBlack16M

TimsBlack16M Formula 3

Jan 27, 2005
    Agoura Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    jj911, it sounds like you need to find a new party!

Tim

2. Redd430

Redd430 Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2006
    CA
    Full Name:
    Steve G
    Agreed.

3. Redd430

Redd430 Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2006
    CA
    Full Name:
    Steve G
    So we seem to be getting a little better at putting on these parties. It appears that most of the guests enjoyed the evening.

Now it’s time to get some input on what we’re going to do next year to make it even better.

1. The bikini contest will definitely stay, so that will not an option to remove.
    2. It has been suggested that the next one be invitation only. This seems to be a popular idea.
    3. Not too sure about continuing to give the awards. We need input.
    4. Was there anything that we missed at the party or was it all covered?
    5. Do you like Sagebrush or is there a better venue? Keep in mind that the party next year will still be in this general area.
    6. As Jon, Dusty and I put out a good amount of money (with no return of investment expected or given), should there be a charge next year to help cover expenses?

Your comments and suggestions are welcome, but please keep this thread on topic.

Steve

4. BLUROAD

BLUROAD F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2006
    Tustin Ranch, Cali
    Full Name:
    Enrico Pollini
    #229 BLUROAD, Sep 21, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. Redd430

Redd430 Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2006
    CA
    Full Name:
    Steve G
    Is there some reason that you are trying to ruin a thread that is only trying to get honest input about our next party?

6. BLUROAD

BLUROAD F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2006
    Tustin Ranch, Cali
    Full Name:
    Enrico Pollini
    #231 BLUROAD, Sep 21, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. charlie_ludden

charlie_ludden F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2005
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Charles
    I thought the party was great
    Well done, much improvment over last year.

Thanks to everyone who made it possible, Steve, Dusty, and Jon, I know a lot of hard work went into it,

Next year im sure will be better than this, you guys always top your previous partys

Steve,
    what do you think of a pre day event, such as a drive and maybe a lunch?

8. kev 355

kev 355 Formula Junior

Jul 26, 2005
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
  9. BLUROAD

BLUROAD F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2006
    Tustin Ranch, Cali
    Full Name:
    Enrico Pollini
    Thanks Kev. My Paw would still be proud...

10. kev 355

kev 355 Formula Junior

Jul 26, 2005
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
  11. Bee Jay

Bee Jay Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2004
    Lompoc, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Bernard E. Jones
    It was a great party. Sylvia and I had a great time. Don't change a thing, except maybe let us order a couple of burgers. Good job guys.
    Bee Jay

12. tmaxxgod4

tmaxxgod4 Formula 3

May 4, 2007
    Anaheim ca
    Full Name:
    Danny T Evans

i thought the party was well done and did not see anything wrong. all i have to complain about was when whoever it was (Steve i think) that would not let us put PAP cut out on stage..i felt that was a little uncalled for. but understandable in a way.

P.S. JJ do u know what site that ring was off of?

13. jm348

jm348 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2007
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff M
    Party was great....Thanks again to all who put it together. It can be more private and have a cover charge, a little more complicated. Sagebrush was ok, a lot less complicated and still fun. (It is the people that make the party) Only changes needed are a little faster service and better contestants for the contest. Some of those girls could of been for the Ford Festiva chat awards. Ferrari chat needs some high quality talent. Give the girls $$ for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.

14. RonnieF430Spider

RonnieF430Spider Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2006
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Ronnie C

jj...why don't you just go away.

15. Redd430

Redd430 Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2006
    CA
    Full Name:
    Steve G
    Thanks. With the cover charge, we could actually have a mexican buffet. That will solve the food service problem and leave the waitresses to serve drinks, even though they do have the outdoor walk up bar. The problem Sagebrush has is the size of their kitchen being able to handle individual orders with a place that's packed to capacity - thus the buffet idea.

Next year, we'll probably offer a $1500 or $2000 prize and promote to get the girls much earlier. Your idea of 1st, 2nd, 3rd is good. We may just go that route. I only had one week from the time we decided to put in the contest. They will be prescreened.

It will be more private if we do the invite only.

FCA and FOC will also have plenty of time to include the party in their publications and e-mail blast.

Thanks for your input.

16. jm348

jm348 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2007
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff M
    If you need a hand next year to spread out some tasks and organizing count me in.

Jeff

17. Redd430

Redd430 Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2006
    CA
    Full Name:
    Steve G
    Will do.

18. cig1

cig1 F1 Rookie

May 3, 2005
    In front of you
    I know ... save all the hassel and set up a pay-to-play bachelor party :D

I'm in

G

19. Racer98

Racer98 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Aug 7, 2005
    Encino.
    Full Name:
    K-Fence.
    Paris Hilton

Lindsay Lohan

&

Bi-ling

3way on stage.

20. D.Mauro

D.Mauro Formula 3

Jun 18, 2006
    Cumming/ Hlwd Fl
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    If you make it a cover charge, there should be an option with the buffet or without, because of people's diets and etc.

In regards to the contest and awards, you can ask for donations from the member's and I think you would get a good response.

As far as to make it private and invite only, that is totally wrong because, Fchat is open to everyone.The awards is a place to meet other Fchat member's,who you never met in person, but only talk thru the internet. I met quite a few people there who I have been talking to and met some I did not, and it was a good experience.

We are adults not children to say who can come and who can not, because someone does not like the other person or their opinion, or in a certain group. Maybe some people need to grow up. IMHO.

21. 3forty8

3forty8 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 25, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Eric
    1. Have 1st, 2nd & 3rd place. I like what you guys did this year selling judge passes to help self-fund the bikini contest. More lead time next year to increase the quality and quantity of the participants.

2. I'm on the fence on this one. More people typically equals a better time. Perhaps be selective where it is promoted; it is a privilege to attend, not a right. If someone is disruptive they can be asked to leave and not welcome back if the circumstances warrant. Call me crazy, but maybe somebody in the party you are attending with actually has to own an F-car since it is an F-car event???

3. The awards concept is great - perhaps fewer and more meaningful categories?

4. Lost and found? Steve, check your PM's - I could use your help my friend! How about something to recognize the organizers and volunteers of the event during the evenings proceedings? Many people came from out of town; a Saturday drive would be great for those that are making a weekend out of it. How about some other folks stepping up and organizing some ancillary activities so it doesn't all fall on Jon, Steve and Dustin?

5. Sagebrush seemed like an excellent casual venue for a casual party. I'm not familiar with the area so I don't know if there are better options.

6. Yes, there should be a cover charge. It might also help with item #2; I can't imagine too many people that simply want to show up and be **** disturbers will pony up $50 or $100.

This was a fantastic event Jon, Steve and Dustin put together. If I can be of assistance for next year's party put me on the list of those willing to volunteer.

22. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Thank you for all the constructive ideas. We'll definitely be contacting you and taking you up on your very generous offer to help out. :)

23. porsche racer

porsche racer Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2006
    southern california
    Full Name:
    arthur
    The place was great, but the service was slow.

24. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I've heard that complaint from many, not only this time but last time as well. We will address the lack of food and service in future VCR planning meetings. :)

25. kev 355

kev 355 Formula Junior

Jul 26, 2005
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    A thought just occurred: why not charge a cover, and anything collected over and above the cost of planning and organizing the party get donated to motor4toys?