Ferrari Challenge Sonoma | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Challenge Sonoma

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by Sledge4.2, Feb 12, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Did the same after your pointer. Worked very well!

SV

2. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Uploading now the hd footage from the last session. Only 6 cars on the track! Hope it turns out!

SV

3. 308gts79

308gts79 Formula Junior

Mar 20, 2007
    San Francisco/Hong K
    Dave Wilson is a great coach, he was the chief coach for the Ferrari 2004 International meet in Monterey... Can't wait for the 2015..

4. PinoyP

PinoyP Formula 3

Aug 7, 2006
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    AL
    Great pics guys!

5. TOOLFAN

TOOLFAN F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2005
    California
    That was interesting trip. It was great to see everyone, I hope to see a bunch of guys at the track again soon. Marco of FNA was very cool and full of compliments, I spoke with him a number of times through out the weekend and hopefully he'll actually take under consideration my suggestions. The touring sessions were the slowest that I have ever been on in my life. Three days of sun even with sun screen has resulted in amazingly bad sunglasses tan. I look like I've got a pale race stripe over my eyes, still it was a very fun weekend. I think my girlfriend had more fun than I did through out the weekend. I finally got to put her in a vintage V12 Ferrari for some laps, she loved it. I can't wait till next year, as we are do to potentially get the XX and F1 cars back.

6. SKUSA

SKUSA Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2009
    Norcal
    Butcher, thanks for the kind comments. Really just having pure unadulterated fun. A very needed break from work. It was so great to get out and catch up with friends I have not seen in a while. Work has been over the top, in fact if you look at the in car video you will see my brief case on the passenger floor as I had to do work on my laptop in between sessions. I wish we could do this every month. Thanks again to FoSF, Kevin E and HOD for making all of this possible. BTW, if anyone has video of my car running the track, I would love to see it. I have never seen or heard it from the outside and would love to see both in the braking zone and accelerating out of the corner.

7. TCBoiler

TCBoiler Rookie

Dec 7, 2010
    SF Bay Area
    #157 TCBoiler, May 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. TOOLFAN

TOOLFAN F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2005
    California
    Yes sir, that's her in the Spaceball helmet :).

9. TCBoiler

TCBoiler Rookie

Dec 7, 2010
    SF Bay Area
    #159 TCBoiler, May 1, 2013
  10. mylesofsmyles

mylesofsmyles Rookie

Aug 28, 2004
    LAS VEGAS, NV
    #160 mylesofsmyles, May 1, 2013
  11. Chrigel

Chrigel Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2005
    What a fantastic weekend it was. A big thank you to the organizers and safety people at the track. Couldn't have been more enjoyable.

Here is one of my videos from Sunday morning. Trying to stay with Kevin's blue F430 and learn his line. Traffic separated us and off he went.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGk8whkN1vI]Sonoma Raceway: Behind Kevin Sunday Sport Session 1 - YouTube[/ame]

12. TOOLFAN

TOOLFAN F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2005
    California
    Awesome video Christian. It was great to see you this past weekend. We've got to find more time to hangout. Thank you again for letting my dad check out your car.

13. Vraiment

Vraiment F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2009
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Vraiment
    wow - seems like you guys were the only ones on the track!

14. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Keith told me there were only 6 ppl on the track!

15. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Yeah, I think a lot of us skipped the last sport session on Sunday, as it was at the end of the day after a long weekend of Ferrari. But only six cars! Wow, it would have great not to have to get around the clueless (one guy in a 430 pointed me by on the yellow flag warm-up lap, then wouldn't let me by after the green flag for maybe 2 laps; one of the guys driving the F12 (I think someone who borrowed the car!) ran straight off the road instead of turning at T9), or have to keep pointing by all the rockets (maybe the cars should line up in order of estimated performance, like at least put the Challenge cars and Scuderias (along with known rockets like Dave Wilson) up front, followed by 458s, then (probably in any order, as it is now) 430s/550s/575s/360s/355s/Californias (they're closer in performance to each other, and driver ability usually makes the difference with these cars), and all rookies at the back; of course driver ability can make any of these cars faster (or slower) around the track, but it would at least in theory make for fewer needs to pass, I would think.) Not sure how you would get that done without massive confusion or being unfair to those who line up on time when there is a need to limit the number of cars, however.

16. 308gts79

308gts79 Formula Junior

Mar 20, 2007
    San Francisco/Hong K
    Great vid, Christian. Very hard to follow Kevin :)

17. 1974gt4

1974gt4 Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 19, 2009
    in my garage...
    Full Name:
    Dr. Italiani
    Nice,
    I l-o-v-e the split screen.
    Seems like Kevin is getting on the throttle a bit sooner than you on the exit, in what is it ? 9a?
    Your steering inputs are really smooth, I would have liked to be a passenger in that high horsey power 430 Christian, the car looked well cared for and balanced in the corners.
    Bravo.
    good fun.

18. Chrigel

Chrigel Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2005

Thank you very much Italiani, Your comments really mean a lot to me. You know how much I adore your driving style. I would love to learn from you.

See you on the 14th?