Ferrari Challenge Race at VIR: 18-20 May 2007 | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Challenge Race at VIR: 18-20 May 2007

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by mtense, May 2, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Ummm.... I'll just stay quiet. Beautiful car. But,

2. Santini

Santini Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2003
    North Carolina
    ?

3. stradleboy

stradleboy Formula Junior

May 14, 2006
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Bennett
    lets jsut say there was only one 250gto today i think thats what daniel is talking about

4. Santini

Santini Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2003
    North Carolina
    #79 Santini, May 19, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    "Challenge Race #1 looked like a demolition derby. Amazing how many cars got banged up."

Completely unnecessary, but entertaining, I guess. Seems to be par for the course, at least from what I've heard.

6. stradleboy

May 14, 2006
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Bennett
    dear lord toms 288gto is beautiful. i had the pleasure of cleaning both of his cars today man was that wonderfull. hope you guys have fun tmorrow take plenty of pictures as i hear all the cars from ashville will be up tmorrow

7. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Guys know who owns the #47 308? perhaps also a serial #?

8. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

my god that 599 is ugly!!!!!!!!!

9. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

Yes, that's the real McCoy!

10. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

You said it! I felt like we went to a NASCAR event, and a Ferrari Challenge race broke out.

11. Gary GT

Gary GT Karting

Jan 13, 2007
    Reidsville, NC
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Not in person it's not!

After I get through day 3 I myself should be a nice shade of Ferrari red!

It was interesting seeing the Challenge race from the Bridge yesterday. They'd fly down the esses, round the Oak Tree and run up the back straight, then by the time they made it back to the Bridge quite a few would've had altercations elsewhere on the track and come flying by with bits of bodywork hanging off.

The vintage '32 & '35 Alfa Romeo's are something to behold, both visually and aurally! And that Maserati 250 that Sir Stirling Moss once drove, wow! When the driver of the 250 would start coming into NASCAR Bend, if he tilted his his head just a little going into the curve you could for a fraction of a second transport yourself back 50 years ago and imagine yourself watching Moss or Fangio in the thick of it. Wonderul! That car has really made this event for me!

Well, off to the track for more fun!! I'll be contributing some of my photos in a few days.

Gary

12. stradleboy

May 14, 2006
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Bennett
    mk so exactly which 599 is ugly tom's? rapp's? Ferrari of newjersey's? or the black one? i have to admit i didnt like the black as much on the 599 it hides the lines but hey still love that car so which one are u saying is ugly?

13. Santini

Santini Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2003
    North Carolina
    Doh! :eek:

14. J. Salmon

J. Salmon F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 27, 2005
    VA
  15. J. Salmon

J. Salmon F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 27, 2005
    VA
    #90 J. Salmon, May 20, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  16. J. Salmon

J. Salmon F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 27, 2005
    VA
    BTW, the Challenge cars were running right around 2:01 in the race. I clocked the 512 LM's at 2:05.

17. ferraripete

the design is simply not up to the task visually. no question it is a performer but it is big, tall, and not even in the same league a the 575 from a design perspective.

look at the vintage ferraris and compare to the new cars and tell me that ferrari has not lost its way.

sorry guys but the 599 is not even as nice to look at as the z-06!

18. stradleboy

May 14, 2006
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Bennett
    oh my lord now i know ur insanse you would rather look at a corvette (looks the same as a zo6) than F-599 GTB did u not get close the thing is stunning. corvette has had same look for about 20 years please please takes this back theat u would rather look at the zo6

19. ferraripete

i have no interest in looking at either the z-06 or the 599. i was simply stating my disappointment that the cosmetics of the 599. i was pointing out that the design of the z-06 is only a little more inspiring than the 599.

now, i never told you that you were "insane" for your opinion on the 599 nor the vette. so please try not to call me "insane" or other for having my opinion...is that fair?

20. J. Salmon

J. Salmon F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 27, 2005
    VA
    I have to admit, many sports cars look much better in person. The testarossa for instance, doesn't photograph well to me - it doesn't capture how low and wide it is. The 599 was not that way. I was impressed to see it only because I know what it can do. Visually, it was a big sleeper. Personally, I was disappointed. It really has nothing on the 550/575 in the looks department, IMO.

21. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

I guess that's what makes the world go 'round. I enjoy the angles of the car and think the rear sails are spectacular.

22. ECTurboGSX

ECTurboGSX Formula 3

Dec 26, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    What a day. My first time seeing an F50 and 250 GTO happened on the same day.

23. MFoltz1

MFoltz1 Rookie

May 16, 2007
    Winston Salem, NC
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Hey Daniel,

Was that your black on black 348 in the corral? I was going to try to meet you and a few others today. I was always in the wrong place at the wrong time to meet anyone. Had a great time, and a ton of pics.

24. MFoltz1

MFoltz1 Rookie

May 16, 2007
    Winston Salem, NC
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Hey Daniel,

Was that your black on black 348 in the corral? I was going to try to meet you and a few others today. I was always in the wrong place at the wrong time to meet anyone. Had a great time, and a ton of pics to bring home.