Ferrari Challenge @ Infineon | FerrariChat

Ferrari Challenge @ Infineon

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by SANguru, Mar 12, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SANguru

SANguru Formula 3

Jul 15, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Josh
    Lyndon and I were talking about this during the drive this weekend. The PNW guys are all coming down 4/13 for the Ferrari Challenge at Infineon. They will be staying at Yountsville near Napa. We would like to get everybody together for a drive Friday morning and then head over to Infineon. Reply to this thread if you are interested. You guys know Lyndon. He finds the best routes! :)

Here's what you will be missing out if you don't go!

http://www.car-parazzi.com/display/index.cfm?display=ItemDetail&media_id=11219

2. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I'll be there.

3. Ace503

Ace503 Formula 3

Feb 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Korben Dallas
    Im going to be coming down there, possibly with my dad (that is the weekend of his 60th birthday). If we come down, and you guys dont mind a rental car following your pack (we will stay back) I would love to drive out there with you guys.

:cool::cool::cool::cool:

Matt

4. SANguru

SANguru Formula 3

Jul 15, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Josh
    Just take one of Kevin/Roy's cars!! :) We're not going to wait for any rentals!! you might get lost!

5. Ace503

Ace503 Formula 3

Feb 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Korben Dallas
    You convince him to let my Dad and I drive one down there, and Im sure we would gladly do it! :D

Or I can drive your M5! ;):D

6. SANguru

SANguru Formula 3

Jul 15, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Josh
    sorry.. m5 gone already... maybe you can beg and do yard labor for Roy.. he'll hook you up! :)

7. Ace503

Ace503 Formula 3

Feb 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Korben Dallas
    That would be awesome. I can play the its my Dad's 60th birthday card, and he has never driven a Ferrari :eek:

Either way, it will be nice to meet you and see my favorite old CS. I know your taking good care of her!

8. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    Great times ahead Josh! Looking forward to meeting all you guys.

Be nice if we could all go for a drive together thru some of your guy's local twisties?

Mike

9. SANguru

SANguru Formula 3

Jul 15, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Josh
    yup... Lyndon's working on it.. we're thinking probably after all the friday events say around 3pm ish before going on the drive. (ie on way back to Napa). Morning might be tough since bay area morning traffic just to get to Yountsville is pretty tough.

10. Ace503

Ace503 Formula 3

Feb 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Korben Dallas
    Is race day on Saturday, like Portland last year?

11. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking

No worries on the drives it will be fun either way! Really exicted BTW!

You have an email Josh

Mike

12. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    Saturday and Sunday and practice Friday

13. Ace503

Ace503 Formula 3

Feb 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Korben Dallas
    Mmmk, what day is your little rally leaving?

14. Prancing Horse

Prancing Horse Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Ok, Friday the 13th (hmmm . . .) will allow for a more private FChat gathering at the Challenge, but it's a "school day" and the morning rush hour traffic may be prohibitive. The crowds arrive on Saturday for the Challenge but it will be easier to fit in a nice early morning drive before the event. May be a more complete schedule of races -Challenge, historics etc on Sat. Does anyone have the Challenge schedule?

15. BLACK HORSE

BLACK HORSE Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2004
    California - Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Does anyone have the 2007 Ferrari Challenge dates at Infineon Raceway yet??? I went last year and had a blast. Also just heads up... If you drive your Ferrari, you get in for free 0$$$ which I didn't know at the time. I didn't want to park my car in the dirt so I left the car at home.

Rob

16. Rosso

Rosso Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2004
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Justin
    4/13-4/15. No schedule up yet, but the homestead weekend race schedule is up on Ferrarichallenge.com and that looked pretty full. I can only imagine Infineon's schedule will be even more full with the historics! Only a month away now. I can't wait to see some of these machines...!

17. Ace503

Ace503 Formula 3

Feb 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Korben Dallas
    I cant wait to see the F1 Clienti and FXX program.

18. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    Yes Saturday morning, before the races, would be a good time I imagine for a drive. Less traffic.

The race schedule is not yet up but I would think it would be similar to Homestead's?

Mike

19. Ace503

Ace503 Formula 3

Feb 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Korben Dallas
    Mike, what day are you and the crew heading down there from up here?

20. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I would be interested in attending.
    :)

21. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    CHP is intimately familiar with the event - and is generally on the alert for prancing ponies on the strike. Your best bet is friday.

--Dan

22. bzerkqirk

bzerkqirk Karting

Sep 12, 2006
    Full Name:
    Kirk
    I went to the Friday session last year, with morning commute from the south bay up to Infineon took under 2 hrs (I think I left at 7a), the really slow part was the Richmond bridge, but otherwise I thought it'd be a longer drive... this included a stop in Emeryville to pickup my friend.

Oh yea, if you park in dirt and they offer you to park up front "to be close to the gate", decline and ask to park at the farthest end..... I came back to a very dirt covered car and some security j**koff's drifting the golf carts kicking up pebbles.

Anyone going on the Friday want to offer a ride in their F-car so I can hitch in for free? :)

23. BLACK HORSE

BLACK HORSE Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2004
    California - Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Does someone like to arrange a group drive from San Jose & East Bay F-car owners to head up for the Ferrari Challenge at Infineon Raceway sometime on Sat? I would be great to get 15 - 30 cars at once. I'm in =)

Rob

24. jraken

jraken Karting

Dec 10, 2004
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Jan
    I would like to join in on a group drive... depending on time and route.... I am planning on leaving around 8am from the city.... crossing over Golden Gate Bridge would work best for me....but I am flexible...

Cheers, jan

25. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Mikey,

If you're coming down from the North (Oregon) then there are some VERY nice roads around the Clear lake area depending on how much time you have.
    - From I-5 turn West onto HWY20 near Williams
    - Head down onto 53 then 29 through Calistoga on Napa 128 or the Calistoga Road to HWY 12

OTOH, I hear Horizon Air is starting flying service to Santa Rosa...

Smooth motoring in the new 430 Spyder