Ferrari Challenge @ Infineon May 2-4 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Challenge @ Infineon May 2-4

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by freescopesdad, Jan 13, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    Oh Terry, I wish like hell I could share another challenge event with you. You will be in my heart as the engines fire.
    -Ben.

2. hdpt00

hdpt00 F1 Rookie

Jul 15, 2005
    Earth
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    This a good event? How do I buy tickets? Is Sunday the best day?

Thanks.

3. Sunracer

Sunracer Formula Junior

May 18, 2005
    Makati City
    Full Name:
    Pierre Beniston
    It's a great event. You just roll up to the gate to buy. Seems to me when I had my TR addmission was free if you drove your ferrari, otherwise I think it's $20. Special parking for Ferraris. You can get up close and personal with eveny car there, try standing 2 feet from and F! car when they start it and tune it with the laptop, FXX same deal great classics in the challenge races too. A good time PB

4. Judge

Judge Karting

Aug 14, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    I am in for a Saturday caravan. Let me know where to meet. Will be starting from Pleasanton.

5. junior

junior Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Merced, CA
    Full Name:
    Junior Aguilar
    What's the good time to leave from SR on Saturday morning to caravan to the races.

Jr

6. blu328gts

blu328gts Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 26, 2004
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    //Rick
    I'm in Castro Valley. One coming from Livermore to caravan. Will PM you later. Anyone one else around the 580/680 area want to meet up?

7. diablo roadster

diablo roadster Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2004
    Mountain View
    Full Name:
    Martin
    I usually leave for this around 9. Puts me there around 1015, depending on traffic. It leaves a good 5 or so hours of watching them drive around which allows you to walk around pretty much the entire track and get some nice views.

8. BrianZuk

BrianZuk F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2007
    NorCal (Bay Area)
    Full Name:
    BrianZuk
    Copied this from the Infineon website, just some more info :) -Brian

"Ferrari Challenge Returns to Sonoma, May 2-4

WHAT:
    The North American Ferrari Challenge Series returns to Infineon Raceway for the fourth time in five years, with racing action in the F430 Challenge and the Ferrari Historic Challenge divisions.
    In all, more than 100 machines will grace the road course, including vintage cars from Ferrari, Maserati and Alfa-Romeo (Ferrari Historic Challenge). Spectators will also enjoy an open paddock for an up-close look at these beautiful machines.
    WHEN:
    Friday - Sunday, May 2-4. This marks the third stop of the seven-race series for the North American Ferrari Challenge Series in 2008.
    COURSE:
    12-turn, 2.52-mile road course.
    WHERE:
    Infineon Raceway, Highways 37 and 121, Sonoma, CA 95476.
    ABOUT THE SERIES:
    Now in its 16th racing season in the United States, the Ferrari Challenge Series offers Ferrari owners the opportunity to compete against other Ferrari owners in a highly competitive racing series at world-class venues across the United States and Canada. It is regarded as the longest-running series of its type in North America. The featured car throughout the weekend will be the 430 Challenge Ferrari.
    The Ferrari Shell Historic Challenge will feature authentic, original competition Ferraris and Maseratis built prior to 1980, as well as pre-war Alfa Romeos as raced by the Scuderia Ferrari. This series runs in conjunction with various Ferrari Challenge events and offers owners of historic Ferraris the opportunity of friendly competition in a controlled racing atmosphere.
    SCHEDULE:
    Friday: Practice 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
    Saturday: Historic Disc Race #1: 2 p.m.; Ferrari Challenge Race #1, 3 p.m.; Historic Drum Race #1, 4 p.m.
    Sunday: Historic Drum Race #2, 1:25 p.m.; Ferrari Challenge Race #2, 2 p.m.; Historic Disc Race #2, 3:10 p.m.
    (See below for complete schedule)
    TICKETS:
    Friday, admission is free; Saturday and Sunday, $20 each day; parking is FREE. Gates open at 8 a.m. each day.
    MORE INFORMATION:
    For more information, visit www.ferrarichallenge.com."

9. BrianZuk

BrianZuk F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2007
    NorCal (Bay Area)
    Full Name:
    BrianZuk
    Copied this from the Infineon website, just some more info :) -Brian

"Ferrari Challenge Returns to Sonoma, May 2-4

WHAT:
    The North American Ferrari Challenge Series returns to Infineon Raceway for the fourth time in five years, with racing action in the F430 Challenge and the Ferrari Historic Challenge divisions.
    In all, more than 100 machines will grace the road course, including vintage cars from Ferrari, Maserati and Alfa-Romeo (Ferrari Historic Challenge). Spectators will also enjoy an open paddock for an up-close look at these beautiful machines.
    WHEN:
    Friday - Sunday, May 2-4. This marks the third stop of the seven-race series for the North American Ferrari Challenge Series in 2008.
    COURSE:
    12-turn, 2.52-mile road course.
    WHERE:
    Infineon Raceway, Highways 37 and 121, Sonoma, CA 95476.
    ABOUT THE SERIES:
    Now in its 16th racing season in the United States, the Ferrari Challenge Series offers Ferrari owners the opportunity to compete against other Ferrari owners in a highly competitive racing series at world-class venues across the United States and Canada. It is regarded as the longest-running series of its type in North America. The featured car throughout the weekend will be the 430 Challenge Ferrari.
    The Ferrari Shell Historic Challenge will feature authentic, original competition Ferraris and Maseratis built prior to 1980, as well as pre-war Alfa Romeos as raced by the Scuderia Ferrari. This series runs in conjunction with various Ferrari Challenge events and offers owners of historic Ferraris the opportunity of friendly competition in a controlled racing atmosphere.
    SCHEDULE:
    Friday: Practice 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
    Saturday: Historic Disc Race #1: 2 p.m.; Ferrari Challenge Race #1, 3 p.m.; Historic Drum Race #1, 4 p.m.
    Sunday: Historic Drum Race #2, 1:25 p.m.; Ferrari Challenge Race #2, 2 p.m.; Historic Disc Race #2, 3:10 p.m.
    (See below for complete schedule)
    TICKETS:
    Friday, admission is free; Saturday and Sunday, $20 each day; parking is FREE. Gates open at 8 a.m. each day.
    MORE INFORMATION:
    For more information, visit www.ferrarichallenge.com."

10. freescopesdad

freescopesdad Karting

Jun 14, 2005
    OK you got me. What's a Drum race? What's a Disc race?

11. blu328gts

blu328gts Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 26, 2004
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    //Rick
    Cars w/ drum brakes, cars w/ disc brakes...

12. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    I would presume cars with drum brakes and cars with disc brakes

13. hdpt00

hdpt00 F1 Rookie

Jul 15, 2005
    Earth
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Yep, saw it on the site, thanks. Going to check it out on Saturday, should be fun. Are there any Enzo's or FXX's doing any laps?

14. freescopesdad

freescopesdad Karting

Jun 14, 2005
    duh! I need more coffee.

15. BrianZuk

BrianZuk F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2007
    NorCal (Bay Area)
    Full Name:
    BrianZuk
    Looks like I posted the same thing twice, but they just combined this thread w/ the other Infineon thread...just fyi so I don't look stupid :D

16. Brian Harper

Brian Harper F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 17, 2006
    San Jose area
    Full Name:
    Brian Harper
    Looks like actually three times now, with the quote.

I'm going to go on Saturday. Looks like there's no F1 cars at this event, is that right?

17. JonRobertQuinn

JonRobertQuinn Karting

Dec 10, 2006
    El Dorado Hills, CA
    We will be there giving out free Ferrari Merchandise for you and your kids. Please come by and say hello. See you there!

18. fred997TT

fred997TT Karting

Mar 4, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Fred Courtot
    I will be bringing the PetFrog to FSV in the morning to do the drive up to Infeneon. Cannot wait to see Knicks' Scuderia!!

19. SimplyBenny

SimplyBenny Formula Junior

Dec 26, 2007
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ben
    I should be there both days with my pop in the Red Mini Cooper S, say hi if you see me haha

20. BLACK HORSE

BLACK HORSE Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2004
    California - Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Does anyone else want to caravan up with us to the event, especially the (bay area) folks from Santana Row? If so meet us at 9:00 Starbucks @ 580 / Hacienda Crossings in Dublin. We're leaving 9:10 sharp!

21. Sledge4.2

Sledge4.2 F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2007
    Marin
    Full Name:
    Geno
    Any takers for a caravan from Marin?

22. sting168

sting168 Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2007
    Is this organized by FMOSV? Thanks.

23. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Yes, there is a breakfast gather and drive up on Sunday morning organized by FMoSV. I will be going up on Sunday with them. Anyone else?

24. sting168

sting168 Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2007
    I assume that one needs to be invited to participate? Thanks.