Ferrari Certified Approval (NOT Classiche) process & cost | FerrariChat

Ferrari Certified Approval (NOT Classiche) process & cost

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by HMB-Dino, Jul 19, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    I'm looking at a 2013 Ferrari, but it is not currently Ferrari Approved (aka CPO). Does anyone know how much the basic certification (ie, Inspection, etc, with 12 months coverage) costs? I'm trying to determine if I want the selling (non-Ferrari) dealer to get it certified (if they'd even agree to that) or if I should make sure it's eligible and factor the certification cost into my offer. The car has no service records (it was a trade-in), so it's imperative that Ferrari certify its mechanical condition if I am to buy it, especially given it's on the other side of the country.

Pros & Cons? Suggestions based on experience with the process?

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  2. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    I have no experience to offer, but if you haven’t done it already, I’d recommend posting this to “General Forums/Ferrari Discussions (not model specific)” section. Or ask your local dealer.

OTOH and just out of curiosity, is the model you’re looking at something especially rare and/or uniquely spec’d that it’s worth to consider instead of trying to find one already certified and with fully known service history ?

3. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    It’s a 2013 458 Italia in the exact color combination I’ve been looking for the past 6-9 months...so from my perspective it is somewhat rare.

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  4. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know

1. Congrats on locating the car of your dreams!!!!!
    2. In order for a car to be CPO's it must be owned by a Ferrari Dealership
    3. COST is a whole other matter... cost to perform the inspection... cost to bring the required items up to spec ( Service, repairs, tires, etc ) all add up and are dependent on the car itself, there is no fixed cost to CPO
    4. Having NO service history will make CPO hard and getting New Power Warranty even more difficult ( Note: I did not say impossible ) as service history is part of the inspection process. Most of the time, if the car is being currently being serviced, you can get the inspector to sign off. The service(s ) can be pricy. And all those short cuts the selling dealer did to save money , like changing the oil and calling it an annual service, yeah... that's not going to work.
    5. Private Message me the last 6 of the VIN, I will look up if any of the 7 year free services were performed or not
    6. Suggestion: Have the car taken to a Ferrari Dealership, have them perform its annual service ( performing a new power warranty inspection as part of the annual service as several items cross over between the two ) and get a price for the New Power Warranty. ( Or Main Power Warranty if the service warranty has expired )
    Cost for 1 year New Power Warranty is $4,500.00 -or- 1 year of Main Power Warranty is $4,900 so your NEXT years annual service will be covered by Ferrari

Good Luck !

Steve

TTR likes this.
  5. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    I've acquired the car (2013 458 Italia with just over 12k miles, Grigio Titanio over Cuoio interior). I had it PPI'd by the nearest Ferrari dealership who was able to verify (using the last 6 digits of VIN) that it's been serviced every year and who also noted that it has one remaining 7year maintenance service which needs to be done by Dec. It passed the PPI with zero issues. They also confirmed it's eligible for the New Power warranty at the cost that you mentioned. Now I just need to wait the week or so for it to get here.

Il Tifoso and SAFE4NOW like this.