AUS - Ferrari and Exotic Spotters | Page 99 | FerrariChat

AUS Ferrari and Exotic Spotters

Discussion in 'Texas' started by ragtop, Nov 21, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Drldcohen

Drldcohen Rookie

Mar 20, 2016
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Larry
    #2451 Drldcohen, Jun 11, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. emailchrisb

emailchrisb Rookie

Feb 14, 2015
    Austin, Texas
    Sorry I'm way late to the party on this post. Isn't MV's GT black or does he have more than one? I damn sure know he outran me in my Ford GT down Mopac in a black Carrera GT several years ago is the only reason I remember.

3. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    MV's is yellow. Unless he has another one, which is entirely possible.

Rifledriver was referring to another collector.

Do you still have the Ford GT? There's an owners gathering coming up sometime in Sept.

4. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    Milton has a red & another one that's yellow. He sold the black one. I thought at the time Brian wad talking about Milton.

5. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    I just spotted a black Ferrari California on 360 & then a few minutes later I spotted a black BMW i8.

6. emailchrisb

emailchrisb Rookie

Feb 14, 2015
    Austin, Texas

I guess all this talking about Carrera GTs got me excited. You'll see me driving the one that SW has had at his showroom to its new home in my garage tomorrow. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. emailchrisb

emailchrisb Rookie

Feb 14, 2015
    Austin, Texas

I do not. I traded it in on an F430 when the GT prices were at their absolute bottom. Got 115K for the car. Makes me sick to this day.

8. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    Congrats! It's my favorite car that I've ever driven.

9. emailchrisb

emailchrisb Rookie

Feb 14, 2015
    Austin, Texas

I hope so. I've been around them but just never really knew anyone who had one well enough to solicit a ride or drive. I've loved the car since it came out and at a young age of 36, it was sort of my "I've made it in life" statement if I was ever able to get one. I honestly never expected I would simply because economics. I've got no problem justifying to myself for playing in the 488, Huracan, F12, Aventador level as far as price but that first really big number for a car is sort of a gut check type moment. Only downside is my wife is gonna be a little upset when she comes home from her little girls weekend trip and the underground racing car is gone and the GT is sitting in its place. Unfortunately she knows enough about cars to know what they cost so I'm sure she'll have a bunch of special ordered Carrera GT apparel and swag waiting here to help lessen the anger. Ha. I did the same thing when I bought the UGR car and she literally refused to ride in it the first year we owned it out of general principle. You guys wish me luck. :)

10. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    You made a comment to me one day saying that you weren't in the same leauge to be buying cars like the Enzo & La Ferrari... I kind of laughed to myself, knowing the cars that you own. Besides, I dont see CGT prices going anywhere but up. Congats on your success. Your industry appears to be doing very well in this town. So now you and your competitor have matching CGTs. 😀

11. emailchrisb

emailchrisb Rookie

Feb 14, 2015
    Austin, Texas
    Saw a blue 360 Modena headed eastbound on Ben White Monday afternoon around South Congress exit.

12. bounty

bounty F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Ferrari F12 and yellow Aventador SV in front of the Westin in the Domain on Saturday night. Saw the SV on 360 around 4 as going northbound as well.

13. emailchrisb

emailchrisb Rookie

Feb 14, 2015
    Austin, Texas

Is this the infamous first one that Austin delivered. Yellow with red interior?

14. emailchrisb

emailchrisb Rookie

Feb 14, 2015
    Austin, Texas

Sorta what I was getting at when I mentioned that I thought MV's Carrera GT wasn't red. I was suspecting it was JM from the get-go. Assuming it was him and not someone else with a red GT (I don't know how many there are in town),on a side note, i'm sure most of y'all already know this, JM is fast. Can definitely handle a car on a race track. Was super impressed with some lap times he put down not too long ago at COTA when he wasn't even pushing the pace hard.

15. emailchrisb

emailchrisb Rookie

Feb 14, 2015
    Austin, Texas

Yeah, but the "crown jewel" of my "collection" is just another car in his. There's probably several, but not a ton of, personal stables in town that would make me say "I don't even want to try compare inventory with you", and his is definitely one of them. Ha. That's the difference between being him being sole owner of his company and me being minority owner in my company. Makes it tough when your immediate boss and the majority owner of the company is your father and he isn't exactly what I would call a car enthusiast. So anytime I buy any car that even remotely sounds expensive to him, meaning it's manufactured by someone other than Chevrolet or GMC, I get the "you need to be saving your money" lecture the following day at work. Ha.

16. ezeks98

ezeks98 Rookie

Dec 30, 2014
    Austin TX
    Saw a yellow lambo on my way home on Sunday afternoon. Looked to be a 570 SL yellow with striping on the side. Didn't get a great look as it was turning left onto Steiner Ranch blvd from Quinlan park.

17. ezeks98

ezeks98 Rookie

Dec 30, 2014
    Austin TX
    Maroon Aston Martin Vantage convertible at the Wag a Bag in Steiner Ranch this morning. Saw it while stopping to pick up some beverages for a football saturday.

18. ezeks98

ezeks98 Rookie

Dec 30, 2014
    Austin TX
    White R8 with Silver blade in the parking lot of River Place Country Club; saw the Silver McLaren at 620/2222 intersection.

19. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    i guess we don't see many cars here in Austin. well, here's a thread revival...

TDF blue 488 on hwy 71 heading in to Austin. And its not like you see a lot of 488's around here.

20. brent95m3

brent95m3 Rookie

Nov 19, 2013
    Austin
    I'm planning an exotic meetup March 25th here in Austin. I'll post about it in the main forum but figured I'd give you all a heads up.

21. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    you can say that again. was in austin this saturday with my 430, and people looked at it like it was a spaceship. i guess not too many exotics in that town.

22. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Have you brought the F40 over yet, or are you planning to leave it in Europe?

23. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    have not decided what to do on that one. i did just re-cover the seats tho. so happy about that. also happy i waited til the $ was stronger !

24. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    They are all sleeping at Moorespeed.

Will come out for F1.

I was also there Saturday, but for a funeral.
    Then, back for the last day of Rodeo!

25. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Sweet!