HOU - Ferrari and Exotic Spotters | Page 6 | FerrariChat

HOU Ferrari and Exotic Spotters

Discussion in 'Texas' started by WJHMH, Nov 20, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Erin

Erin Rookie

Mar 9, 2004
    I happened to see the fire first hand Saturday afternoon. It was sad to see such a beautiful car in flames. I read on another board that the kids in the apt. complex next door were selling pieces off the car.

2. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    #127 Texas Forever, Mar 9, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004

Hey Doc-

Nice inventory! Looks like your wife got her new toy. Did she figure out the power difference from the NA 996 yet? :D

Nick

4. Liquid

Liquid Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Doylestown, PA
    Do any of you guys know if the crashed Enzo had the traction control turned on or off during the accident?

5. ty (360mode)

ty (360mode) Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2002
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    LOL speedy, i think we've all *slightly* exceed the speed limit on memorial and allen...

"uh, dude, you're doin' 110..." anyone? anyone? :)

6. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Dems da know, ain't talking. Dems talking, don't know.

Dr "Hush yo mouth" Tax

7. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Don't know if it's 110 or not! Having trouble with the speedo sender!
    "No officer, I have NO IDEA how fast I was going."

Thanks wspeer! It seems everybody was going off on the driver! Your absolutely right, it's HIS car after all!!

Willhoit can't move that aluminum 328, he's gonna have to dye the custom interior all black!

I think that 328 would look great with a yellow/black interior, like the 360 Spyder at FoH now.

8. TC (Houston)

TC (Houston) Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2002
    Houston
    Your honor, I would like to assert my Fifth Amendment privilege. ;)

9. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    My attorney told me his job would be easier if I could manage to only break one law at a time!

I guess I'll put the front plate back on! LOL

Welcome to Fchat Erin! Thanks for posting! The first thing I put on my Ferrari was twin fire extinguishers! I've had two fires on board since then. They were small fires, and I put them out and went on with life. :)

The Art Car Parade 2004 requires them also.

You'd think an Enzo would have an on board system! I guess not having one will make them even rarer!

(Not to be confused with "Well Done" Wakka wakka!)

10. WFO_Racer

WFO_Racer Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Newport Beach Ca
    Well put ! Cracks me up when people soil their panties when a Ferrari get's crashed. Big deal, fix it or get a new one. Trouble is people think in terms of how big their own wallets are and as you said to some it's no big deal. To the other guy who sleeps the sleep of the righteous because he earns his stuff good for him sounds like he wants a medal for his accomplishments. At least the car got driven before the crash.

11. Amir

Amir Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2003
    TX
    Change of pace here

Silver 360 spyder spotted turning right on Kirby from Richton st. Pulled into Pesce.

Silver 550M spotted going down Woodway under 610. Possibly the same one I saw on Sunday.

12. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Yellow 308GTB with handprints, at Allen Parkway crash scene!

Check post in GFD in video thread, what do ya think?

13. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    It's simply about responsibility. I don't care if an Enzo is only .01% of your money, when you drive the car you take on the responsibility to drive it safely. What if kids would of been killed as it ran off the road? I don't care for Ferrari owners that buy and hide their car or drive outside their limits. Stick to a Ford Focus if you can't handle it. How dare you drive on a public roadway like you're on a track and then say you don't do track days because it's "not your scene".

14. Scott_in_Houston

Dec 17, 2003
    Housotn, Texas
    Perfectly stated. I agree completely and that's what I meant when I said it became our business when it happens on public roads.

Also, every one of us has the right to 'judge' on whether or not it's stupid or silly or whatever. IMO, when it comes to how he behaves with cars, he's a moron. Period. The above reasoning is exactly why I feel that way.

For those of you friends with this guy... I'm sorry, but he's still a moron on the road with his cars if he's wrecked this many cars (regardless of price) on the public roads from obvious carelessness.

15. Bimmerista

Bimmerista Formula 3

Feb 7, 2004
    Carrollton, TX
    Full Name:
    Mike
  16. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    All three vids are over in GFD now. Thanks Mikey!

We also wroteup our parts scavanger hunt last night.

Any body want some aluminum globules or CF shards?? We found a shattered mag wheel also.

I walked the skid track and it's real hard to see how he lost the car.
    The irony is he hit the LAST tree in a long row! 10' further and he would have skidded into an earthen embankment. Amir ID'd him as Dahr, I think the youngest of the family.

Chaulk it up to youthful exuberance. I hit a tree like that my first accident, swerving to miss a goofball making an illegal turn! Needless to say I was left against the tree injured while the goofball hauled as_!

We'll see if anything like that comes out. I was "hurrying" to pick up a hot date. So far NO ONE on this site can say they actually saw it happen!

17. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I wonder what his excuse was when he wrecked the ENZO, was he on his way to a hot date? Please tell me Speedy no woman is worth that.

18. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    He must have been looking in his mirrors.

Or maybe the glove box lid mirror. ;)

19. Bimmerista

Bimmerista Formula 3

Feb 7, 2004
    Carrollton, TX
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Anybody in the Houston area care to go take some pics of this car and post it on the forum?? Most likely the car is @ FoH. I know they level of customer confidentiality is VERY HIGH! Also, anymore info about this accident would be great!

20. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    You are crazy! FoH isn't going to show and tell that car, to anyone with a camera. Or without for that matter.

I'll drive by at lunch and ask!

21. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    #146 BigTex, Mar 12, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Mikey, if you've read this thread from front to back, and seen the vids in GFD, that's all there is to it, bro.

Except for the box of stuff I've got, and it all belongs to my son "lil' Bull", 'cause I gave it to him.

He has agreed to part with small batches, in exchange for a donation to the Ferrari Racing for Children Child Advocates team.

I'm going to restore the brake pedal for myself! End of the story.....

unless Dahr comes on and says "Quit talkin' about me! " like our friend....
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. TXesprit

TXesprit Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2001
    Southlake
    Full Name:
    Sean
    I drove by the accident site yesterday on my way back from lunch, but couldn't really see anything. Oh well.

23. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Nope. Me and "Lil' Bull" cleaned it up pretty good Tuesday night! :)

You saw the burned pavement and the gouge in the tree, right????

The temporary construction fence has also been moved since the event, according to the site superintendent.

24. Maximo_Tifoso

Maximo_Tifoso Karting

Jan 8, 2004
    Houston TX
    I was Allen Pkw this morning, but I failed to see the site of the Enzo wreck. I think I know the gentleman who owns the car, he frequents the restaurant I work at. That is why I was asking what he looked like. I talked to him the other day , but I didn't dare ask him if his Enzo had been wrecked!!!

In other news, saw a F355B yellow parked on the corner of w alabama and hazard (in that tiny repair shop). I also valet parked a Maser 4200gt with cambio corsa......

25. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Might be best not to ask. ;)

A pic of the driver (per Amir's post above) is on the Titty Bingo website. He plays lead guitar.