HOU - Ferrari and Exotic Spotters | Page 5 | FerrariChat

HOU Ferrari and Exotic Spotters

Discussion in 'Texas' started by WJHMH, Nov 20, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift

Please say this isn't so. Another one gone?

2. Maximo_Tifoso

Maximo_Tifoso Karting

Jan 8, 2004
    Houston TX
    I won't believe it until other witnesses come forth. I'm sure someone would have heard about by now!

3. mach5er

mach5er Rookie

Mar 8, 2004
    #103 mach5er, Mar 8, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Definaltly a goner. Here is a pic of the piece i got off the ground. Seems to be a bolt cover of some sort.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. mach5er

mach5er Rookie

Mar 8, 2004
    I know, i don't have much credibility here with my 2 posts now, but it is true. The radio actually said a corvette was on fire (other friend told me that). I'm actually suprised you guys havn't heard of it yet!

Here is what I posted on my favorite forum

"Wow, saw a Ferrari "Enzo" Saturday at about 4:45 taking a right to go down Allen Parkway (nice speed/twisty road within the city). I was in a buddies' car going the other direction. Well, at 4:48 I saw what I thought was a house fire in the distance. Naturally, we rush to the scene to watch a fire and finish my cold one. Well, guess what! Its not a house, but something more valuable. Thats right, the "Enzo"! She was engulfed in flames. The driver had lost controll at the end of the road before it enters downtown Houston. His backend got loose and he shot over a curb at an alleged 100+ mph, under a link fence, and then the rear hit an enormous oak tree. Thats when it exploded. The driver was able to get out and walk away in time. It was very shocking scene for me. The car was actually burning in a minority based low income housing project. I got a small chunk of it (red plastic piece) thatclip in somewhere. My buddy bought a nice carbon fibre body piece of a little black boy for $5. It made his day. By the way, I did not witness the actual accident, but spoke with a witness and overheard the driver speaking with police.
    I was also at the Ferrari dealer when this same guy test drove ithe Enzo for the first time. Kinda weird I saw the start and end of this guys "Enzonership". He is a very lucky man to be alive."

5. Amir

Amir Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2003
    TX
    Damn!! That's sad, but nothing new here...I've heard he has totaled a Testerrossa as well as an f50.

6. Amir

Amir Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2003
    TX
    sure was

7. Scott_in_Houston

Dec 17, 2003
    Housotn, Texas
    Holy crap!? Are you serious?

Why wasn't it reported? I would think that would be news-worthy.

8. mach5er

mach5er Rookie

Mar 8, 2004
    Specially when channel 11 is 1/4 mile away. It did not disrupt traffic cause the car jumped over to that side road with the acute 90 degree right turn at the end.
    This driver has long hair, is that joe Jamail's son? How did he wreck the F40 and testarossa??? Was he on a track then? The wreck sheared of the whole wheel assembly with rotor, caliper, inside of rim with center nut still intact. It would make for a nice conversation piece indeed. That was about the only uncharred item at the scene of any substanance.

9. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    So this is what happens when I leave Houston, Geez. Go check it out for me Speedy308!

10. Amir

Amir Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2003
    TX
    That's him!! I'll drive by his house this weekend and see if his enzo is still parked there....

as far as the f50 and testerossa, I don't believe he goes to the track...

11. Scott_in_Houston

Dec 17, 2003
    Housotn, Texas
    Obviously.

What a moron.

12. Amir

Amir Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2003
    TX
    Well I decided to swing by his house earlier (my dad knows his dad) and he was in the driveway. I asked him about the crash and he said yeah, it was him...the car spun on him very quickly and he couldn't catch it. says his dad is getting another one soon, so he's gonna take it to some empty parking lots and practice there. I asked him if he was interested in doing a track day but he said nah, it's not his scene. He has a Carrera GT as well, and he says it's a lot more confidence inspiring. The Enzo was very fast, but he says the electronics took care of everything until it let go yesterday, so he never got as much of a feel for what the car was doing.

13. tigermilk

tigermilk Formula Junior

Jul 12, 2001
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    James P. Smith
    No offense to any other "silver spooners" in the audience, but this is pathetic. Daddy goes out to get another Enzo to replace this one, the "kid" supposedly also wrecked a TR and F40. He has a Carrera GT to play with. Car let go at 100+ on Allen Parkway? The guy is a total loser. If his dad had any character in him he'd dump his son out in to the real world where he has to earn a buck to pay for his toys. I may never own anything approaching an Enzo, but at least I'll have my pride in not having daddy take care of me.

14. Amir

Amir Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2003
    TX
    Don't shoot the messenger....ps. he's not a kid, he's 30+ and lectures at South Texas School of Law.

15. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    Sounds to me like it's a matter of perspective. Regardless of whether he earned it or inherited it, he has it. How he chooses to spend/squander it is ultimately his business. And as a percentage of the "earning power" of his portfolio, his accidents probably cost him far less than your last pair of sneakers cost you. It's cheap entertainment for you. And him.

16. tigermilk

tigermilk Formula Junior

Jul 12, 2001
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    James P. Smith
    No. He is a kid. A punk one at that. 30+, lectures at a law school, and disregards the law and the safety of other drivers in the city I live in? He's a punk kid no matter his age. He needs to grow up.

17. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    He is a grown up. Randall Jamial owns Justice Records, among other things.

His father is a famous attorney in Houston and he and his wife have donated large bequests to various instutions in our community, supporting education and the arts.

The reason it wasn't newsworthy was that we wreck and burn at least three cars a day here in typical rush hour traffic. Only if the occupants are fatals does it really become noteworth, assuming they are US citizens.

Not to imply that other factors weren't in play here. Heck, being a good guy he probably GAVE the kid a piece of the car as a gift.

That's what I do, with mine!

18. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    FWIW, this Parkway is usually lightly travelled, and I've been known to clear the plugs and carbs myself going the opposite direction, away from Downtown, always respectfully backing out of the throttles just before the Fallen Police Officer's Memorial. ;)

19. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I think that's about 110.

You know, as the car was being developed, Schumacher expressed personal concerns about putting this machine in the hands of mere mortals, like us!

His quoted advice: "Leave the driver aids turned "ON".

20. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Funny you should mention that Alan, When I first moved down to Houston, I was pulled over there for speeding near the Police Officer's Memorial. Learned my lession, don't mess with Houston's finest.

21. Maximo_Tifoso

Maximo_Tifoso Karting

Jan 8, 2004
    Houston TX
    What does Jamail sr look like????

22. Scott_in_Houston

Dec 17, 2003
    Housotn, Texas
    Not to nitpick, but that's Memorial drive with the memorial to cops and it is much safer to speed on, but Alan Parkway is just plain dangerous. You out drive your sight lines way too easily. It's a beautifully laid out road, but pretty dangerous to speed on. Not to mention the cops pratrol it way too often and the speed limit is only 40! Damn city.

The Jamails are morons. Period. I don't care how much money they give away to the 'arts'.
    Anyone who has wrecked that stable of cars is a moron. It's no longer just his business what he does with the cars once he does that on public roads, and to do it multiple times.... ? Did I mention moron?

"the track is not my scene" BWAHAHAHAHA. No kidding. His driving proves that.

23. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Mr. Jamail Sr. looks rich.....very rich.....LOL!

At their house I'm sure this was like "Hi honey, just had a fender bender..."

It would be like you or I backing over the cat.......

24. l'esecuzioneItaliana

Jan 29, 2004
    Nice, very nice.

I just went by there as soon as I heard the news and no one answered the door. The garage was open and there was a SL55 in it, outside there was a yellow Mustang, Cayanne TT and an Explorer. Maybe he was out in the GT, but ive never seen a GT there before, nor has my friend who lives on Tiel Way. Maybe his dad has that one saved for his sons b-day, so then the car can be driven for a few weeks before its crashed...no pun intended. Also if he crashes every car exotic car he owns, dont get mad at him, its his, it was paid with money from him(or his poppy) and it shouldnt affect anyone who it didnt belong too. But, it does suck that the Enzo is gone. It was a beaut. It was a red beaut, but now its a dead beaut.

25. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    dahr jamail is not a kid. he is over 50 and an attorney. true it could be argued that his father may have helped him along, but he is no idiot. he is probabely better known as the lead singer of the texas band, titty bingo (hence the titty bitty stickers on the cars). he has been a true ferrari enthusiest for a number of years. the aluminum bodied 328 that keeps appearing on ebay was a car he had custom built. you guys should check inot who you are tallking about before going off on someone, their abilities and that their daddy does this babble.

i do not know jamail, nor do i know his father. i do know you all are jumping to conclusions based on faulty information.