Ferrari Airfield Day (19 October) | Page 8 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Airfield Day (19 October)

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Jas, Jul 14, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rmdferrari

rmdferrari Formula 3

Jan 6, 2005
    Gatwick, UK
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Mark,

What time you leaving? Planning to meet Kent Massive at 7a.m.?

2. MarkCollins

MarkCollins F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 2, 2002
    South England
    Full Name:
    Mark Collins
    Richard

Wrong way for me, I'll be going clockwise :)

3. Jas

Jas Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Jas

First of all, I'm back guys :) I was overseas, got back earlier this week but was busy....then got sidetracked on pistonheads ;)

I'll sort out the final stuff on the airfield day now, or by Monday at the latest and put up all the info needed - although everyone already has it.

About your place, if you find someone to take it, just email me their details pls, as no one who is not on my list will get on the field. I'll post an updated list for everyone to check by Monday :)

Jas

4. Jas

Jas Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Jas

Yes sure, so long as you turn up in the Ferrari :)

Or contact Hazy, Chaa or one of those who can't make it as maybe you'll get their place.

Jas

5. Jas

Jas Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Jas

I'd chance it but they may blow out. I've done it with less tread, but in a lightweight car (Elise).

Jas

6. F328GTS

F328GTS Formula 3

Apr 27, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Nigel R
    Jas,

There's a chance I may not be able to make this now, nothing certain, but thought it best to gives a heads up sooner rather than later.

Do you have a reserve lined up to take my place just in case? The only problem is I will not know for certain until Monday or even maybe even as late as Tuesday.

Nigel.

7. Jas

Jas Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Jas
    Nigel & anyone else chopping/changing places, guys it's now so near the event please just post any places available or names of those who want them on this thread - and arrange it between you. Then both parties, please inform me.

I'll put up a final list on Monday :)

PS. Don't forget your driving licenses as you won't get on track without them.

I can't wait for the big day now :D

8. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Cant wait either. Whats the top speed were likely to see?

9. Jas

Jas Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Jas

80mph...maybe, if you're very quick :)

This is a twisty turny slippy slidey day..... the kind of thing Caterhams and Lotus' typically do. Not a top speed event like VMax.

Believe me, it's more fun this way :D

If anyone gets through the day without spinning a good few times, you weren't trying hard enough :D

10. rubystone

rubystone Karting

Mar 11, 2005
    Earth
    See if you can beat my 87mph terminal speed into the wet bend - doesn't sound that fast does it? but the idea is that you have to get the car round the bend without crossing the drainage channel or spinning.

Depends on what set up Andrew adopts, but chances are that the wet/dry bend run-up will be where you'll hit your highest speed. It's not like a Brunters day, even though the adjacent runway is ever so tempting, it's strictly out of bounds.

Anyone brave enough - let Andrew show you how he left foot brakes on the wet bend - gains him at least 10mph over the best of the rest.

11. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    So is the forecast rain?

12. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Not going to go mad. Not used to the 360 yet or the F1 box.

13. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    #188 angelis, Oct 14, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  14. MarkCollins

MarkCollins F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 2, 2002
    South England
    Full Name:
    Mark Collins
    ooh that's handy then :)

Mark does he wet the surface?

15. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Hello

Partly sunnny - that means paartly rainy.

HUD90N

16. rubystone

rubystone Karting

Mar 11, 2005
    Earth
    Yes Mark - initial runs are with it dry then he dumps a tanker full of water on it.

Top fun day - slalom should be interesting in the Ferraris and the hack up to a cone, handbrake round and back down again is gonna be tough if your handbrake's as crap as mine is! Still, you have enough power in your 550 to break traction and opposite lock it round the cone I guess?

17. MarkCollins

MarkCollins F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 2, 2002
    South England
    Full Name:
    Mark Collins
    I'm taking the 7 :D better leave the Harness loose so I can reach the Handbrake :)

18. rubystone

rubystone Karting

Mar 11, 2005
    Earth
    Is that allowed Mark? You'll wipe the floor with everyone on all the events...any space left for me then?....

19. MarkCollins

MarkCollins F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 2, 2002
    South England
    Full Name:
    Mark Collins
    I'm trying to do a deal on the 550 for a 575 so the last thing I want to do is rag it round an Airfield.

It'll be fun in the 7, Walshy knows me by now having seen me drift for hours around Abbeville so hopefully we can have some fun, plus I think Angelis could do with some help to deal with a couple of P Cars coming along :)

I reckon by the end of the day a few more Ferrari owners may consider a 7 in their collection :D

btw a couple have dropped out, can;t you take one of their places and come down in your 7 to give me some support? :)

20. jrs

jrs Formula 3

Jun 14, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    James S
    Hmmm , my car has NO handbrake at all !!!

21. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    Hope you don't live on a hill.

22. rubystone

rubystone Karting

Mar 11, 2005
    Earth
    Mark, that's what I was getting at - if Jas is reading this thread - is there any room?..I guess we have to allow a couple of places for those bad Porsche boys though ;)

23. F328GTS

F328GTS Formula 3

Apr 27, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Nigel R
    I may not be able to go, but won't know until Monday or Tuesday. Watch this space. Yo can take my place if I can't.

24. Bully

Bully Rookie

Oct 3, 2005
    Essex, UK
    Still looking for a place for this, Brendon I will e-mail you about taking yours if still up for grabs.
    Definitely going to turn up though even if just to watch & learn

25. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    On the scrounge again..... ;)

Does anyone have a mains inverter to run a bit of mains equipment from a car battery that they can bring along on the day?