Ferrari Airfield Day (19 October) | Page 10 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Airfield Day (19 October)

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Jas, Jul 14, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F328GTS

F328GTS Formula 3

Apr 27, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Nigel R
    Guys,

I can now say for certain that I will not be taking my F onto the track, but I do still intend to show up.

If you want my place please let me know ASAP.

Jas, unless things change in the next few hours, I plan to come in my daily driver 5 series, for two reasons:

1) to watch you guys having fun and
    2) to distribute some calendars.

Can you please let me know if I will get onto the airfield as a spectator in a BMW?

Cheers,

Nigel.

2. jrs

jrs Formula 3

Jun 14, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    James S
    Jas I am looking dangerously like I may have a problem with tomorrow. I am trying to get away with coming till noon but work obligations are challenging to say the least. Please PM your mobile number so that I can let you know whats happening in the morning.

rgds
    James

3. F328GTS

F328GTS Formula 3

Apr 27, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Nigel R
    Can somebody please PM me Jas's mobile number? I have a replacement driver for my slot but need to confirm it's OK.

Jas?

4. GrahamS

GrahamS F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 29, 2004
    24 hours from Tulsa
    Full Name:
    Grandmaster G
    PMs sent to Nigel and James

5. Jas

Jas Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Jas
    SteveF, are you sure about that? I thought Dale doesn't even dare take his car out in bright sunshine 'cos of all the UV rays :D

Nigel (F328GTS), you have PM in a minute :) Just got your message.

James (JRS), you have PM too :)

6. barabus

barabus F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    12 Cylinder Village
    Full Name:
    Si
    Jas,

Call me a chicken or a wimp or even Dale but if its raining tomorrow I will not be coming, I just wanted a nice dry day no skidding or sliding for me, sorry, won't know till tomorrow tho ??

7. 355fiorano

355fiorano Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Its best if its raining.
    1) you can skid and learn without having to go to ludicrous speeds
    2) Its easier on your tyres, clutch and every other component that would be stressed trying to break traction from thoese super sticky tyres.
    3) In any road situatiion the most likely event that your car will skid will be in the wet so this is a great opportunity to learn in safety.

So long as its just light rain as is forecast i think it will be just perfect !

8. rmdferrari

rmdferrari Formula 3

Jan 6, 2005
    Gatwick, UK
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Jas,

I'm still coming!!! My RH wiper is a little fcuked, so I'm knackered if it rains too much, but I'll bring my 13ml spanner and some tape to bodge it up.

See you there buddy. Still have your mobile number in my 'phone.

Richard (off to bed now as alarm set for 5:45!)

9. barabus

barabus F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    12 Cylinder Village
    Full Name:
    Si
    Doesn't help me much I never drive in the rain anyway, sad I know but there it is:eek:

10. Jas

Jas Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Jas
    Si, sorry to hear that mate :(

Next time I'll organise this for August to keep everyone happy.

Jas

PS. Logging off now. See you all tomorrow ....or those of you with working cars, that have survived the rain anyway :)

PPS. Sorry for having to turn away non Ferraris in the last couple of weeks, but there are plenty of general events for such cars and I wanted to keep a Ferrari atmosphere for this day (as "advertised").

11. Jas

Jas Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Jas
    Richard, glad you can make it :)

I'll be at the two Kent meeting spots 06:45 and 07:00, per the other thread. In the 348 :)