Ferrari 488 Pista | Page 18 | FerrariChat

Ferrari 488 Pista

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by ilikefastcars1, Feb 20, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. howydo

howydo Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2009
    The car is awesome . Some of the best work Ferrari has done in years ! Can’t wait to configure mine .

2. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Except that car was an LE edition.

3. 458-Italia

458-Italia Formula 3

Jan 10, 2014
    France
    Thanks ;)

F140C likes this.
  4. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    The few numbers numbers so far put it around the 720s. The 720s is some situations outperforms a P1 which is more or less where the LaFerrari is. I'd imagine Ferrari marketing cares more about the 720s at this point than the 5 year old LaFerrari. So not inconceivable that Pista outperforms a LaFerrari at least in some situations.

5. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Although you can consider that the stripe is the graphical representation of the flow, I can also understand the dislike for the interrupted stripe.

Alternatives are to continue the stripe on the bumper (too much, too obvious) or delete the portion on the lower part. This would basically result in what has been done on the previous specials, that is, stripe only on the hood lid.

Nevertheless, I think the car looks better and fulfills its intended role better with a stripe.

6. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Poster mfer was stating that because an LE and final coup of the series outperformed the hyper car on Fiorano then there was no reason for a non-LE and not last coup of the series to do so as well. I don't care if it does or not in reality just that his logic was in error and I pointed that out. :)

And boy doesn't someone feel a little weird about now when the name wasn't GTO! Persistence to the extreme in the face of overwhelming logic and sound advice got really old IMO.

7. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    The best of both worlds :)

of2worlds likes this.
  8. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    Ah. got it. thanks.

I guess it is competitive pressure now driving the numbers game, more than the days off 599GTO vs Enzo.

9. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    P'tit veinard :D

Enjoy it , hope the wait won't be too long. The driving comparison between the last hardcore N/A and the first Hardcore turbocharged Ferrari should be quite interesting !

Roland1688 likes this.
  10. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    The car looks really great. Ferrari raised the bar really high. I'm looking forward to see more details about it!

11. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    #436 ingegnere, Feb 21, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
    I think the base 488 resembles the F50 more with its 2 separate ducted cooling outlets, typical of sports cars like the 333SP:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

On the Pista, these remain and are joined by the center flow-through S-duct outlet in a single opening, making for a hybrid with a mixed flow of cooling and flow-through air.

Although Ferrari refer to the center flow-through as an F1-inspired S-duct, which is used to draw air out from under the chassis and reduce lift on the top of the nose by reducing low pressure there, I see it as like a superposed wing, albeit of reduced span, kind of like this:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

simsko, G. Pepper, crinoid and 3 others like this.
  12. Dolceexte

Dolceexte Formula 3

Dec 20, 2015
    Well done Ferrari! This has been the most positive I have seen in a long time on a release!

Maggio23, SAT4RE and ingegnere like this.
  13. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    The problem with the lower portion of the from stripe is that’s where a lot of people would put their number plates I guess

montpellier likes this.
  14. Trax

Trax Formula 3

May 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Douglas
    Question is how much of the carbon is included in the base price?

15. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    It was a nice gathering last night. Very small group of invites.

Agree. No stripe if I order one.

16. galt

galt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2005
    Definitely can see why a longer wheelbase car can benefit.

Nevertheless, I was expecting to see it given that Porsche has had good success with putting it in the GT3/GT2 series cars as well as the regular 991s. Those cars have a relatively short wheelbase (19.3 CM shorter). Apparently Lamborghini is adding rear wheel steer to the Huracan for 2019.

markonex likes this.
  17. mkultra

mkultra Formula 3

Nov 3, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    MK Ultra
    I waited and waited for this unveil and couldn't be happier. But now need videos, real life pics, configurator, etc, etc, etc. as I am going mad with anticipation. Ironically, Porsche debuted their upgraded/facelifted 911 GT3 RS yesterday as well.....and their configurator is already up and running :(

18. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Are you LFSC or Continental? Allocation?

19. furmano

furmano Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    Based on the pics, the hood hump seems a little awkward but I'm betting it will look fine in real life.

Love the 458 MM inspired rear end treatment and other design details.

-F

20. furmano

furmano Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    #445 furmano, Feb 21, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
    The 430 Scuderia and the 488 GTB are more like the F50, two exit scoop "nostrils". This is more like the 330 P series. :)

Nice improvement to the side scoop detail. The one on the GTB was a little too fat for my taste.

-F

G. Pepper likes this.
  21. BG23

BG23 Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2015
    Australia
    thanks

22. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    White one for me and, by the way, the more I look at those pictures, the more I love it.

23. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    beautiful car, and as I'm sure as others have said - funny it 's 710 + 1 horsepower. Can't wait to see head-to-head comparisons with the 720s.
    :)

24. Lesia44

Lesia44 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2009
    Yes, I see where you're going with that, but that's not it. Damn, I wish I could remember! I've definitely seen a stripe diving under a nose somewhere. As soon as I saw it on the Pista it was instantly familiar. Mind you, I might be imagining all this! Lol!

25. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Ferrari has already allocated all the cars to customers. Dealers were given lists of customers to call and let them know Ferrari will build a car for them. They have allocated these cars just as they did for the LeFerrari and TDF.