Ferrari 456 Wiring Diagrams (Lights) | FerrariChat

Ferrari 456 Wiring Diagrams (Lights)

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Qavion, Dec 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Hi, folks.
    I just pieced together some wiring diagrams for the (external) lights on 456's for Euro and USA cars.

USA 456 Lights Wiring Diagram

Euro 456 Lights Wiring Diagram

I was missing some of the OEM connector pinout diagrams for the rear of the car, so I based the wiring on the 550's. I'll amend the diagrams when more information comes to hand. At the moment, I'm not sure how many bulbs are in the 456 tailight assemblies. Each ring seems to be able to accommate 3 bulbs, but not all are used on some Ferraris. Illumination of the outer red "rings" sometimes relies on a bulb in one half scattering light in both halves.

Thanks again to Guido for his relay panel wiring diagram.

Cheers

fridolin_pt likes this.
  2. franschman

franschman Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2017
    Holland
    Full Name:
    Bart
    Excellent!
    Many thanks.
    Bart

Qavion likes this.
  3. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    You're welcome. The USA version is now up to version 4... I've added a few switches (not related to lights).

I don't know if there is a Euro version with a front fog light. If there is, I guess the USA diagram could be used. Only front fogs are allowed in the USA.

4. JM35

JM35 Karting

Jun 22, 2014
    Texas
    Hi
    i 'm trying to open the link but it doesn't work !

The link is still active ?

Thanks

Jm

5. JM35

JM35 Karting

Jun 22, 2014
    Texas
    Sorry , i got it now thanks so much for such great details wiring diagrams

Qavion likes this.
  6. Davidspop

Davidspop Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Lance Malcolm
    Qavion, what a great diagram! Mine is a 456GT, and I am looking for the wiring to the passenger door sidewalk courtesy light (on the bottom of the door) and the marker light (red...on the rear facing end of the door. By any chance do you have a diagram of that circuit??

7. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    #7 Qavion, Jul 26, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
    The Workshop Manual gives a general routing of the harnesses... and here is my best attempt at sorting out the mess in the plug pinout diagrams:

Ferrari 456M Windows & Doors Wiring Diagram

Some of these lamps seem to be controlled by the immobiliser ECU (including the dimming function) . Let me know if you need a hand interpreting the diagram. "11 I" and "12 I" are the passenger door lamps.

Power for the both passenger and driver door lights seems to come from fuse No. 8 in that 16 fuse holder above the main relay/fuse panel. The power wires are red-green (colour code RV)

8. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Ah.. sorry... that diagram only applies to the 456M car. I have no diagrams for the earlier cars.

The dimming function of the door/interior lights on the older cars is controlled by a dedicated module (P/N 143119), not by the Immobiliser ECU. I don't know if there is any commonality between the cars. The F355 had a similar change with some common circuits.

9. Davidspop

Davidspop Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Lance Malcolm
    My challenge is the Driver door lights work correctly.... the courtesy light on the bottom and the marker light on the rear of the door...but I have no power to the passenger side... but if I open the passenger side the Driver's Side doors do illuminate (U.S. vehicle by the way)..... So I am looking for where the signals come together and where they separate... but thank you very much Qavion, your diagrams are awesome!

Qavion likes this.
  10. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    ah.. ok.. so the passenger's switch is working.
    Unfortunately, without a diagram I can only make wild guesses. Maybe the power pin is the same on the 456 and 456M, so I would check power is going to the door (maybe at the hinge if the connector there is easy to remove). There are instuctions in the 456M Workshop manual for unclipping the connector, but I don't know if the earlier car is the same. Usually the power for these lights is direct from the battery (via a fuse) and the door open switch(es) or time delay module provides an earth. Looking at the 456M diagram, power comes in on pin 14 (middle row, 6th from the top).

11. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Actually, if the lamps are easier to get to, you could check for power at the lampholders. They should be "hot" all the time.

12. Davidspop

Davidspop Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Lance Malcolm
    Yep, I confirmed no power at the leads to the lampholders...... I need to figure out where the power disconnect is..... I am going to pull the connectors at the door hinge and see if there is power to the circuit there...... if not I just have to work my way back into the wiring harness.....

Qavion likes this.