Ferrari 456 cars for sale | Page 50 | FerrariChat

Ferrari 456 cars for sale

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by toggie, Oct 10, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    So the car was apparently sold last time out of Fantasy Junction. Mileage was at 27,280 then. Its at 33,340 now and has apparently made it from California to Chicago.

http://www.fantasyjunction.com/cars/1058-Ferrari-456%20GT-5.5..

2. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
  3. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Pucky, based on weather data, I guess that means the doors are frozen shut at the moment. Where you are as well!! Hang tough and stay warm. New Hampshire is cold and snowy and we may see -1 tonight but really nothing quite like the -52 wind chills in your neck of the woods.

4. puckybadger

puckybadger Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 12, 2016
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Thank you. Currently -19F, WC -46

5. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Coats are in order! Actually, staying inside is in order.

6. Jdomeck

Jdomeck Rookie

Jan 26, 2019
    Washington State
    Full Name:
    Jon Domeck
    It’s 2019. Using NADA and Hagerty for pricing. What’s the crowdsourcing opinion on market value for an under 30k 6spd manual 456GT vs 456M 6spd

7. Jdomeck

Jdomeck Rookie

Jan 26, 2019
    Washington State
    Full Name:
    Jon Domeck
    I have. Good history. Asking 80k hard to say where the market is on these cars given you could have purchased one just a few years ago for 50k

8. killer58

killer58 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    CA & DC
    It’s actually an interesting car.
    Originally Grigio (Titanio, but not sure)
    It’s the only 456M I’ve ever seen with no, zero, options.
    The Carfax report is also an interesting read. Not sure when the engine swap was done, but the mileage doesn’t match what the current owner says is a daily driver.
    I’m guessing it’ll be a parts car one day..... Soon.

9. bergxu

bergxu Formula 3

Aug 16, 2005
    OnTheSerpentMound
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    I inquired on this car on behalf of a customer/friend. Very vague info in the ad and the agent representing the car has given me conflicting information regarding the service history. It went from “belts/fluids/etc..all done recently” to “have no paperwork, don’t know when belts were last done.”

Very odd. Given he’s representing the car for someone else, I guess it’s no skin off his back if it doesn’t sell (unless he’s leaving a healthy commission on the table).

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

10. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Probably the case. But with the engine swapped, and the hood no longer stock, two of the highest dollar value items aren't involved any more. This poor girl has been molested and left bereft.

11. killer58

killer58 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    CA & DC
    I'm reminded of the answer one of the contributors to Sports Car Market magazine gives to this question; "What's the current market of a three-bedroom house?"

Model, mileage, condition, and provenance will all have a large impact. By itself, mileage of 30K will more than likely put you in the lower half of the Bell curve. On top of the normal split between M's and non-M's, it would make any estimate rather vague. There have been very few GT's that sold for six figures, most in that price range tend to sit for a while unless they're very unusual/special. Given just the parameters you've listed, I'd say it could range between $50K-$90K

12. CaptainPicard

CaptainPicard Rookie

Aug 6, 2017
  13. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    When the obvious things aren't taken care of, it's a pretty safe bet that nothing else was. At the very least, it seems that it needs a new interior. Some questionable carpet work in the trunk, likely when the stereo was replaced. Ride height is high in the back, probably had some suspension work, but the 456 is known for bad shocks and accumulators at least.

14. Willie_Paul

Willie_Paul Rookie

Sep 4, 2018
    Pgh, Penna
    Full Name:
    Will
    Other than the obvious, "soft market or not a very predictable 456 market" can anyone offer specific or different speculation as to why the Sheehan 456 sold for $50K+ on BaT? thanks, wp

15. Jdomeck

Jdomeck Rookie

Jan 26, 2019
    Washington State
    Full Name:
    Jon Domeck
    One thing to consider is BaT for that 456 had an undisclosed reserve so it might not have sold for 50K.

16. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Umm, BaT can be a bit of a crapshoot, just like any auction. It is dependent on having the right buyer looking at the right time. Folks on a serious search will set notifications for specific models but besides that, it can go hot or cold and not dependent on general market trends....just the right or wrong week. I've seen things go on there for what I would consider well above market, and things languish for no reason. Not just 456s, but they are a particular taste. I love mine but the 2+2 crowd is thin compared to other Ferrari models. This is probably not a very satisfactory answer.

17. Il Tifoso

Il Tifoso Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2013
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ruben
    Yet another aspect to consider is that BAT tends to not be so kind towards Ferraris for some reason... there have certainly been exceptions (550s may seem to be a bit less susceptible than other models?) but in general, Ferraris don’t tend to do well in a BAT auction based on my observations.

Ruben

18. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
  19. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Wow, a digital dash, who knew?

20. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I think there might be more than the digital dash that is inoperable!!
    But perhaps the engine and trans would be worth saving and reselling. Serious loss that the CF hood is trashed. Likely why the insurance co totaled the car.

I'll take note of this passing on my register. A moment's silence....

21. puckybadger

puckybadger Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 12, 2016
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Currently the only 456 on Ebay is a 1999 456M GTA.
    The sellers narrative including 456 history is excellent. Check it out.

22. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    You're right. Not a bad write-up at all. He notes Speedline wheels. I believe those are HRE 547R wheels. I have a set identical to those in the picture. Mine are 18" and allow some better tire choices than the factory 17" wheels.