Ferrari 400 wanted for Motor Trend Classic story! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferrari 400 wanted for Motor Trend Classic story!

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by bzr-mtc, Jan 27, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. blkprlz

blkprlz Formula 3

Mar 24, 2007
    Tampa bay
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    #26 blkprlz, Feb 4, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
    Whoa guys, calm down....everyone is bringing up good points. It can be easy to get the wrong impressions of the written word, or the 'not written' word.

I don't know, after re-reading the post just now, I'm thinking it could go either way as to whether it's Peter's car or not. I have to admit, initially I thought it was Peter's...maybe because he posted it. I have to say that when I see U-tube vids, I look at the surroundings/backdrop. It's not the 1st time I've seen over-revved Colombo V-12's on U-tube, & I do pay attention as to whether the vid is a rerun from before or if it is a different V-12. Then when I saw 'idiot' on a reply, I thought "uh,oh"...& wondered if we'd ever hear from Peter again. But then again, most of us here are probably "A" type personalities...so.............
    of course we'll hear from him again!

We all have to admit, we're terribly passionate about our GT's...& that is 'Huge'! & this forum is a wealth of information that can benefit all...& that my friends, we don't want to ruin! Since my first experience w/PC's & internet in '04 (not real proud to admit 'that' :eek: ), I'm learning that acronyms (lol & such) & emoticons (nomenclated 'icons' below the message box in the 'reply to thread' screen) are very useful tools in bringing out feeling/real meaning to help eliminate unintended perceptions.

One other thing...
    Be advised, anything posted virtually is 'forever' on record (unlike a private conversation)...that's if credibility is of any concern.

Anyway, back to the subject at hand...speaking of which, isn't this thread about a 400 needed in SoCal to write an article?
    It's easy to hijack a thread. I think some have problems w/it & some don't...a forum etiquette thing I guess.

Can't a probe be inserted into a wire or connector to feed telemetry? That would avoid all of the disconnecting, & keep those gauges alive for the vid shoot!

I don't know if it was so much a mistake as it was an inference to what information was or what information wasn't provided.

Hear, hear...I vote a big fat "1" on that one!
    That's what makes this group so valuable.

Well, yes & no.
    The 'no' of it all is you've got the chance to set things straight here. & that's a good thing.

2. blkprlz

blkprlz Formula 3

Mar 24, 2007
    Tampa bay
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    Bummer!

3. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    HOLY THREAD-JACK, BATMAN ! ! !

4. alastairhouston

alastairhouston Formula Junior

Apr 19, 2009
    Largs Scotland UK
    Full Name:
    Alastair Houston
    Unfortunately for you there are consequences for suggesting spreading misinformation about good peoples cars. You do have something to apologies for and if you cant do that and need further explaining please feel free to continue this thread.

5. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    #30 Ashman, Feb 4, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
    Quoted for posterity.

I can't believe that you are continuing this. Consequences? Are you threatening me? Pistols at 10 paces? Giant lawsuits? A visit from no neck Vinnie?

Please re-read your two most recent posts on this topic. You are taking this thread into the gutter. All over some comments about overrevving a engine.

On the 400 forum?

You should take a break or get some counseling about your anger issues.

6. alastairhouston

Apr 19, 2009
    Largs Scotland UK
    Full Name:
    Alastair Houston
    On the contrary I am just standing up for the poor guy who like you say was just revving his engine. Good luck to you if your incapable of apology.

7. Ashman

Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Thanks for the good wishes. Peace.

8. alastairhouston

Apr 19, 2009
    Largs Scotland UK
    Full Name:
    Alastair Houston
    Actually on reflection to be honest I was being a bit aggresive with my point so apologies.

9. Ashman

Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    It's all good, we both love these magnificent cars and the passion can run deep!

Had a nice drive in the countryside this morning and got out of the car smiling as usual. Also went by the same police radar trap twice right at the speed limit so that is always a plus!

Also saw a black Aston Martin DB6 parked across from a restaurant in one village and a white Jaguar XK140 FHC out in front of my favorite car guy coffee shop.

Being able to drive these cars in February in New England is spectacular and only happens every 8-10 years or so.

10. full_garage

full_garage Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 15, 2010
    Sarasota Florida
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Ain't that the truth- Had the 355 out on my special piece of "No Cops" highway this morning- bright and sunny with dry roads... tomorrow supposed to be 50 degrees so for sure the 412 will be on the road- What a wonderful Winter...(so far)

Oh and for the record- I'm proud to NOT be part of the pissing contest this thread has devolved into.

11. Ashman

Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    So much for putting it behind us Jay! :p

I actually think that the last time I was able to drive pretty much throughout the winter was around 2000 when we had one single snow storm the entire winter. Very similar weather patterns to this year. Man, how time flies!

12. alastairhouston

Apr 19, 2009
    Largs Scotland UK
    Full Name:
    Alastair Houston
    Here here thanks and for the understanding, although I am still at the engine (slowly getting there) the thought of a drive like that in New England is great.

13. alastairhouston

Apr 19, 2009
    Largs Scotland UK
    Full Name:
    Alastair Houston
    Lucky you guys also gorgeous here very cold but spectacular sadly ime not on the road yet will get there though and enjoying the 'engineering'