Ferrari 360 Swiss Army Knife by 360trev! | Page 15 | FerrariChat

Ferrari 360 Swiss Army Knife by 360trev!

Discussion in '360/430' started by 360trev, Sep 6, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. duskybird

duskybird F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    29 Electoral Votes
    Full Name:
    Bill B.
    I got my ECU's back from AV Engineering last month but just got the car on the road yesterday. I decided that during my prolonged "staycation" I put the car on the lift and knock out all of the little (and some big) things out.

Just as all of this crap hit the fan my F1 system was giving me fits that turned out I had 2 bad relays, replaced a bad one with a bad one....... Once I got it sorted I realized that I wasn't going anywhere for at least a couple of months I decided to just take care of the list of things. Back in 2014 I purchased everything I needed to do the manual conversion so I got down to it. I had purchased a pair of manual - sport exhaust ECU's that I was going to use until the "Swiss army knife" came along so I shipped my F1 ECU's off to AV to get them done right.

Met up with some friends yesterday and went for a drive.

We did about 70 miles yesterday and couldn’t wipe the smile off of my face. Between now having a manual, a smooth power band that pulls to redline and no check engine lights to say I’m happy would be an understatement!

The ECU tuning makes for a much more enjoyable drive.

This is what I had done:

1. Convert to manual transmission

2. CS fuelling and ignition maps recalibrated for regular MAF sensors.

3. Catalytic converter monitoring removed (to stop the cel from your exhaust)

4. EVAP pressure monitoring widened (to stop a cel from not tightening the gas cap enough)

5. Custom exhaust valve operating map

6. Instant torque patch (removes the delay between the throttle pedal and the engine)

7. Custom cold start calibration (prevents a misfire cel during very cold starts)

8. Clear the immobilizer so I could use the new unit I have.

Big thanks to Trev and Aldous for making this available to the community.

Caphill, one4torque, gatago and 5 others like this.
  2. clean512

clean512 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2010
    Full Name:
    Josh @jtcarprojects
    I love every thing about your car and knowledge

3. duskybird

duskybird F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    29 Electoral Votes
    Full Name:
    Bill B.
    Thanks!
    A buddy of mine has a youtube channel and recorded everything. As soon as it's edited I'll let everyone know.

SS288GTO likes this.
  4. hessank

hessank Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2005
    Canada, Florida
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Me too. I did all of that last August.
    I love my car so much more.

one4torque and SS288GTO like this.
  5. duskybird

duskybird F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    29 Electoral Votes
    Full Name:
    Bill B.
    Something else I noticed after the ECU tune. I no longer have a 1 amp parasitic power draw when the car is parked.

Caphill, one4torque and tifosi101 like this.
  6. hessank

hessank Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2005
    Canada, Florida
    Full Name:
    Fred
    +1

I tested mine by keeping it off the trickle charger for 2 weeks at which point the battery went down to 12.15v.
    It was enough to start the car but I preferred to keep the battery fully charged because when you don't we all know
    how the gremlins love to play then.

Previously it lasted maybe just 5 days to get to 12.15v. 1 week without the charger and she wouldn't budge.

duskybird likes this.
  7. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Did you guys get the immobiliser off patch too then? Just trying to figure out why the updated ECU flash would affect current drain?

8. duskybird

duskybird F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    29 Electoral Votes
    Full Name:
    Bill B.
    I had a new Ferrari immobilizer that I installed during the process. I had AV clear both ECU's so either one would accept the new unit.

9. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

no reply from av or trev

10. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    From the lack of action on the "SAK" for the 360 in the last year, it seems that Trev has given up on the project, or gone a different route. I'd love to have his tool but a "just on paper" tool is worthless. Too bad.

11. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

even AV's voicy isn't responding, ah!!!

12. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Guys there is a huge backlog of work for AV. Be patient or call them up. Summer got off to a slow start due to Coronavirus and now it's crazy busy with everyone wanting everything right now.

No I haven't given up and yes is working better than ever. More updates to follow but we are all extremely busy...

I'll post some screenshot a bit later on when I get home...

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Performify, KC360 FL, GSF355 and 5 others like this.
  13. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

did I just see God coming from above?

one4torque likes this.
  14. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Haha funny but really very excited about the huge amount of work done. Just a FYI I'm shooting for 500hp on my own personal motor...

Caphill, KC360 FL, remfrs and 2 others like this.
  15. fotostars

fotostars Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2015
    Bay Area
    Glad to read from you Trev! Any update on a tool to disable immo that I can use at home instead of sending my ECUs around?

My 2 cents: I know it’s been in the works for a while. Buttoning that one up before adding more vehicles and more features would be awesome and a great way to generate revenue now.... maybe something similar to VCDS or Durametrics, with a custom cable you can record stuff in (like limited VIN, features enable/disable, etc,...)

Thanks again for the gigantic amount of work you’re putting in for the community. Hope you can get some of that investment back eventually...

Richard.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

16. duskybird

duskybird F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    29 Electoral Votes
    Full Name:
    Bill B.
    I'd be interested in that also! :D

17. J360M

J360M Karting

Nov 29, 2018
    I had this work done at AV, my 360 is now a beast. It really is incredible the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

18. clean512

clean512 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2010
    Full Name:
    Josh @jtcarprojects
    Hey trev did you have a source in those carbon fiber axle shields.

19. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Sorry they are not available, I had them custom fabricated.

20. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Just a little update..

The SAK tool now supports the following Ferrari models in both EU and US specifications..

1. 360 Modena / Spider
    2. 360 Challenge
    3. Challenge Stradale

4. F430 Coupe / Spider
    5. 430 Scuderia
    6. F430 Challenge

7. All 575Ms
    8. All 612s
    9. *All 599s

More will be added as demanded. 458 and 488 will probably be next.

It can also do gated conversions on the firmware of any of the above models. It's bleeding edge on the 599 as that's a model I'm just finishing for a client this week.

I can also switch over most models which have them to internal cat temperature estimation modelling so you can get rid of cat ecus and thermistors entirely and just fit bungs. Saving potential maintenance in future. Particularly useful for 360 and some early F430s.

I'm proud to announce the SAK software now includes its very own tools for reading and writing firmware and eeproms too and very soon the first beta of the phone app for high resolution telemetrics with journey data logging (amazing for analysis of track days), remote diagnostics and selectable maps and features while engine is even running will be available. This will be revolutionary so cannot wait to share it with you lot.

WyattWhy, Caphill, Sj_engr and 9 others like this.
  21. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

don't like phone apps. laptop version available?

22. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    A ruggedized tablet will be offered (with support for a usb or wireless keyboard if desired) pre-configured and working right out the box a bit like an SD3 but with much more features. This will only work with SAK flashed roms however as I'm extending realtime features significantly such as switchable maps on the move which we already have working in beta testing and it's just fantastic.

Admittedly the tablet is primarily aimed at the more advanced users so you'll need to likely watch some video training sessions which will follow. It's going to be gold for those who wish to use it for realtime temeletary but it also will assist mechanics to help SAK customers get remote diagnostics support and clear fault codes. That's right your chosen mechanic can login to your Ferrari and remotely and fix issues while your on a road trip!

MalcQV, one4torque, LP360 and 5 others like this.
  23. hessank

hessank Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2005
    Canada, Florida
    Full Name:
    Fred
  24. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    Is there going to be a software only version of the SAK? I have PLENTY of devices lying around gathering dust.

25. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    Why oh why couldn't you be in the USA Trev... I'd be booking a spot for my 360 for the "treatment".

Seriously, I'm sure I speak for many here... a truckload of gratitude to you sir. Amen.