Ferrari 360 JGTC | FerrariChat

Ferrari 360 JGTC

Discussion in 'Challenge/GT Cars/Track' started by becausephilchow, Sep 17, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. becausephilchow

becausephilchow Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2016
    Hong Kong
    Bit of a long-shot here, but, figured I'd ask anyways.

Anybody have any information on the Ferrari 360 JGTC? Pictures are below. Looking for the body-kit if I can somehow source it.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Mel Spillman and Jasonberkeley like this.
  2. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Better section for your question, thread moved

3. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Ferrari 308 Vetro F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
  4. chrixxx

chrixxx Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2004
    Lucerne
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Build by Dome Racing, Engines by Toda Racing. Most extreme Version of the 360 and later 430 Models. Very nice and great cars, unfortunately never raced outside of Japan as far as I know, only in Japan GT Series.

Bodywork, maybe Dome still has some.

http://www.dome.co.jp/e/news/enews0204.html

Would be interesting to know where those cars are today. Keep us updated

5. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Ferrari 308 Vetro F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
    Interesting thanks

6. becausephilchow

becausephilchow Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2016
    Hong Kong
    Wow, thanks so much for the details! Will contact them

7. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Wow.. Looks so radical. Sort of F40 eske profile to it...

Bas likes this.
  8. Flash355

Flash355 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 10, 2018
    United Arab Emirates
    Full Name:
    James Thomas
    Love these. And the 360 GT that Girado & Co. have for sale at the moment. Proper beasts!

chrixxx likes this.
  9. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Some recent pictures of the 430 version with chassis no. ZFFYR51B000118437 which is currently for sale in Japan. In 2003, during the JGTC era, the 360 developed in collaboration with the premier constructor “DOME”, and went through continuous brush-ups. In 2008, with F430’s chassis which was the newest at the time, they raced in the Super GT with this JAF specially appointed race machine. The F355 V8 unit was manufactured by Toda racing.

Responsible for this version is Jim Gainer who is a long time premier privateer.

Here are some pics. Enjoy!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

F140C likes this.
  10. FR500GT

FR500GT Rookie

Jan 26, 2020
    Orange County, CA
    This thing is nuts. Never knew it existed!

11. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Holy **** that's cool! I can't work out the air intake however...is it fed via a roof intake? But I can'tsee any intakes there....certainly looks positioned weird if it's somehow fed through the sides.

the rear suspension is amazing

EDIT: Scratch that just seen the 2 small intakes on top. Wow. Well hidden really!

@360trev I remember you talking about possibly changing air intake a la Enzo (side intakes)....top mounted now a possibility if it can be done looking smooth? That Yellow F50 that's for sale currently has the right idea, perhaps done a bit more elegant than that could be a winner

chrixxx likes this.
  12. chrixxx

chrixxx Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2004
    Lucerne
    Full Name:
    Chris
    amazing cars, does anybody know where they are today?

13. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    The F430 is for sale in Japan but i don't know if the auction will take place due to coronavirus. The 360 if i remember correctly the last time was at DOME's factory/museum.

14. Nicolas21

Nicolas21 Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2016
    Near a nuclear powerplant
    Full Name:
    Nicolas
  15. chrixxx

chrixxx Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2004
    Lucerne
    Full Name:
    Chris
  16. konomata

konomata Rookie

Mar 20, 2024
    Full Name:
    Kon Kata
    I'm a few years late to this thread but I just created an account to let everyone in on the history of these cars! I've been researching the GAINER Ferraris for many years and have collected tons of media about them as they remain my favorite race cars to date. They are extremely unique and a VERY rare example of genuine factory approved Ferraris that were not built in Italy. In fact, the only original parts on these cars are the frame, the motor, and various external parts like mirrors, taillights, etc. The bodywork was built and designed by Dome and Carbon Magic in Japan, whom also made the GT500 NSX from that time period. Unfortunately Dome only built two of these cars and none remain in the 360 configuration as they were both converted to resemble F430s from 2008-2010. I'm unsure if the 360 bodywork is still with GAINER or with Dome but I'm sure they still exist to some extent somewhere. The two cars still do exist; the original car from 2002 remains with the GAINER team at their headquarters in Kyoto and rarely makes appearances, and the second chassis, as previously mentioned in this thread, was auctioned off to a private party in 2022 but it still floats around at the GAINER headquarters from what I've seen there recently. The cars were relatively successful but not enough for GAINER to want to use them for very long as they were retired in 2010 for a factory F430 GTC. There is a lot of neat history behind these cars and it is sad that they were not raced overseas so researching these cars requires a lot of digging. Powertrain wise they still used Ferrari motors that were tuned by TODA RACING and mated to a Hewland 6 speed sequential. Which engine used and when is a very tricky thing to figure out as some media reports it used a TODA F129 while others say it used a TODA F131. What I do know though is in 2005 GAINER was not satisfied with the F131 due to a low straight line speed and poor fuel efficiency, and at this time the F136 was not homologated yet, so they put a Mugen MF408 endurance motor in one of the cars for the remaining season. This was very short lived as Ferrari was not a fan of it having a non-Ferrari motor and the F131 was put back in at the start of the 2006 season. In 2008 the bodywork on one of the cars was replaced to resemble a F430 and finally got a F136. In its final year GAINER raced both the F136 F430 and the F131 360 before retiring them for the previously mentioned F430 GTC. After this its really unclear what went on with the cars but one stayed with GAINER and the remaining 360 received F430 bodywork and stuck around with GAINER and DOME before going up for auction. I'm happy to help with some of the curiosity regarding these cars.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Here are the two cars during their final year of racing. The no.11 car remains with GAINER and the no.10 car with the white stripe is the one that was auctioned.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Finally, here is the no.11 car in the GAINER headquarters from a few years back and as it made an appearance early March of 2024. Strangely it had swapped numbers with the car that was auctioned and I'm unsure why. As you can tell I'm very passionate about these cars and it kills me how little people know about them!

Additionally, GAINER could possibly be selling or sold the remaining F430 as they've recently sold their 458 GTE shortly after the second car was auctioned off. This could also explain why GAINER is suddenly bringing it out of their showroom.

17. tomgt

tomgt F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 22, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Tom Wiggers
    the Zona sponsored car is in the USA in the work shop of One11Competition together with a 458GTE Tequila Patron, 458GT3 and some other 348/355 race cars

the Gainer 458 GTE was recently refurbished by Michelotto Automobili in Monselice and went to LowEffort Racing.

StregaP and konomata like this.
  18. konomata

konomata Rookie

Mar 20, 2024
    Full Name:
    Kon Kata
    #21 konomata, Mar 20, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2024
    I sent a message recently to LowEffort Racing recently about it as I like to try and keep track of the GAINER cars:). I'm confused though, is the Zona Dome GF430 in the US now or is it the Factory F430 GTC car that replaced it? The GF430 was running at Suzuka about two weeks ago, so that's cool news if it was shipped overseas right after.

edit, just looked up it. in-fact the second chassis car that was auctioned in tokyo is there. cool stuff!! hopefully I will get to see it again sometime.

19. tomgt

tomgt F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 22, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Tom Wiggers
    Probably their 360 then
    Photo November 2023

konomata likes this.
  20. konomata

konomata Rookie

Mar 20, 2024
    Full Name:
    Kon Kata
    Came across the picture as well. That is the number two chassis that was at auction in 2022. That car is a GF430 now but it only raced as a GF360. Interesting that it came overseas. I wonder who owns it now.

21. pgrootswagers

pgrootswagers Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2005
    Waalwijk (NL)
    Full Name:
    Peter Grootswagers