360 - Ferrari 360 - A Modern Build (Forged Carbon) | Page 3 | FerrariChat

360 Ferrari 360 - A Modern Build (Forged Carbon)

Discussion in '360/430' started by Ferrari360FW, May 20, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    Maybe add a character line to the spokes as is done on the 458 diamond cut wheels (?) A little detail never hurt.

Ferrari360FW likes this.
  2. 360+Volt=Prius

360+Volt=Prius Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2013
    Western Mass
    Full Name:
    Raimondo
    I like those wheels as they are. And that’s says a lot because I do t like any aftermarket rims. I think you captured exactly what you were looking for. Similar to the starfish, yet more modern.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Ferrari360FW and Skidkid like this.
  3. Ferrari360FW

Ferrari360FW Karting

Nov 12, 2019
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Issac Teh
    I'm a sucker for the stock starfish too. Would have been more inclined to keep them (although would still pick the SP styled) if the previous owner didn't kerb rash it. :D

4. Ferrari360FW

Ferrari360FW Karting

Nov 12, 2019
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Issac Teh
    I'm exploring having a very slight groove to the edge of the rims... and that's about it. Feels like it's gotta be somewhat clean as per 360 aesthetics.

5. Ferrari360FW

Ferrari360FW Karting

Nov 12, 2019
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Issac Teh

Attached Files:

Skidkid likes this.
  6. 360+Volt=Prius

360+Volt=Prius Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2013
    Western Mass
    Full Name:
    Raimondo
    Impressive work and renderings! Bumper is nicely done. I like the contours of the bumper ahead of the wheels. Breaks up the bland look of the earlier drawing.

However, the front bumper seems to angular for the round organic lines of the 360. If I look at the nose below the hood line just doesn’t seem to work with the bulbous lights, and fenders. Also the curves of the side skirt lower vents and upper quarter panel Intake vents for me doesn’t work with the angular front bumper.

Looking again at the earlier rim renderings of the wheels I was wondering about something. Because of the leading edge aero design of the spokes, will you actually need a left and right side rims? Otherwise it would maybe look awkward, and aerodynamically be like a fan blades running in reverse on one side. Get what I mean? Would this mean the wheels have to be manufactured as 4 different rims because of the chirality issue.

Sorry for being negative.

Ferrari360FW and Skidkid like this.
  7. JC Andruet

JC Andruet Karting

Jan 16, 2013
    Good effort, but here's some constructive (hopefully !!) criticism :

Your wheels are starting to look a bit too close to the 996 Turbo S wheels, the spoke profiles look rather chunky :

Image Unavailable, Please Login

The flick up on the trailing edge of the engine cover doesn't really gel with the existing lines of the rear of the car.

Mirrors look great (and I'm a big fan of the OE CS mirrors, but these definitely work well)

As others have said already, the section of the front bumper in front of the wheels looks too heavy and needs breaking up with a hot air exhaust from the radiators (which you're going to need from a functional perspective anyway)

The centre section of the front bumper above and featuring the number plate mount area, now looks as if it's "sagging" and the curve it forms is at odds with the rest of the revised bumper design.

The carbon scoops fitted (or formed as part of ?) the CS sill extension look rather like an aftermarket add on. If you're wanting to emphasise/enlarge the existing scoop, perhaps incorporating a more discrete (and softer) version of the 430 Scuderia scoop into the moulding would work better ?

Keep up the good work, it's good to see some sensible and well thought out alternatives to what's been available historically from the usual suspects.

Personally, I'm a big fan of this "streetable" version of the 360 NGT'esque front bumper :

Image Unavailable, Please Login

RANDY6005 and Ferrari360FW like this.
  8. Ferrari360FW

Ferrari360FW Karting

Nov 12, 2019
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Issac Teh
    Thanks, the bumper is not gonna be that sharp for sure, we were exploring how sharper will look. will probably go for something in between.
    Got the artist to render several versions to look at my options before finalising.
    Likely will not have the side lower vent carbon piece too... We are still playing around before the 3D drawings are concrete!

Yes, you are sharp! These rims are going to be true-directional, meaning left is opposite of right. Both side will draw air out for downforce and cooling!
    So you are right, all 4 rims are different molds!
    I'm considering colouring a very small part of the centerpiece a different colour for each side! (Attached below)

Yo, that's not being negative, appreciate any feedbacks!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. Ferrari360FW

Ferrari360FW Karting

Nov 12, 2019
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Issac Teh
    Beautiful black 360 there! Yours, I presume?

I actually find the rims a bit on the thin side for now. :oops:
    Currently revising the design very slightly plus bringing it up to 11 inches thick on the rear.
    The blades will be even more angled...
    I do think the final product will work (very well).

The rear winglet is tricky design, will definitely need to bring it up to 3D before committing the design...

I will consider doing the front bumper side exit again... But I'm really liking this cleaner look...

The entire bumper is artist impression for now... I can only touch it up in the 3D rendering stage, it's hard to nail a render/drawing when my friend has to imagine the parts from my words alone haha.

Thanks! The idea is to be different but still good. It's never easy challenging the likes of Pininfarina! :p

10. Ferrari360FW

Ferrari360FW Karting

Nov 12, 2019
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Issac Teh
  11. JC Andruet

JC Andruet Karting

Jan 16, 2013
    That'd work beautifully on a BMW E46 M3 CSL:) on the 360 ? tougher call I'd say...

I think the factory nailed it with the engine cover on the CS, it is wonderfully discrete, but adds what was missing from the 360 Modena.
    If I was doing what you're doing, I'd go for a slightly taller version of the CS and possibly extend it's uppermost edge outwards/backwards as per your rendering, and hollow the majority of the extended back face out (whilst leaving a small raised plinth for the 3rd brake light to stick out of) or do the opposite and recess the 3rd brake light in to the rear face.

Ferrari360FW likes this.
  12. Ferrari360FW

Ferrari360FW Karting

Nov 12, 2019
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Issac Teh
    I'll explore this!

13. Mel Spillman

Mel Spillman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2012
    Sugar Land, Tx
  14. Ferrari360FW

Ferrari360FW Karting

Nov 12, 2019
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Issac Teh
    Haha don't really like the look... In fact I'll probably not do the lower scoop

15. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I think your renders look good. I would go with mirrors that are slimmer on the size of the red painted areas...

I would keep the wheels away from any modern diamond cut looks or anything that is too shiny or glossy but your shape is pleasant.

rear tail is good. Side vent cover looks fine. I’d look at the front carbon and opening having more feminine soft transitions or curves vs edges. There really are not any scud like edges on the 360 so I wouldn’t add a foreign shape in there.

Robb

Ferrari360FW likes this.
  16. Ferrari360FW

Ferrari360FW Karting

Nov 12, 2019
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Issac Teh
    Again, not much to update here. But here's the final revision for the rims (little changes from before). They are now even lighter and the rear is slightly wider...
    Work has started on the front bumper 3D CAD file, not enough to upload here (will put up as soon as I have something)...

We are now working on a side mirror delete, a simple triangle with the same mounting point in place of the side mirror to prepare for mounting the side mirrors on the doors itself...
    Am rightfully nervous about this, I'm drilling Ferrari doors after all... :eek:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. Ferrari360FW

Ferrari360FW Karting

Nov 12, 2019
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Issac Teh
    Some updates to the ForgedWorks360 project!

1) The wheels are almost ready. I'm overall happy but there are some details to sharpen...
    Somehow the alloy I used gave off the wrong silver... Will rectify & paint them to normal Ferrari's common matte aluminium colour. The centre badge was also wrongly made, will try to replace them with the original Ferrari 226245...

2) The side mirrors have seen some progress. I have created a side-mirror delete file... (see below) to be manufactured in high-quality automotive plastic...
    Also getting the GT3 style mirrors ready to be mounted to the doors, this is extremely challenging as I would be sawing off the side mirror mount and trying to mount it directly without risking it flying off at speed... They will be replicated and moulded into Forged Carbon versions...

3) The bumper is still getting a 3D file cleanup. (no pictures yet. This will be most exciting...)

to be continued...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

imahorse, Performify and Robb like this.
  18. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Wheels look good.

Robb

KC360 FL, Performify and Skidkid like this.
  19. 360+Volt=Prius

360+Volt=Prius Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2013
    Western Mass
    Full Name:
    Raimondo
    +1, I like them

20. rotaryrocket7

rotaryrocket7 Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2011
    Eden Prairie, MN
    Full Name:
    Matt
    +2 like the wheel design!

21. Ferrari360FW

Ferrari360FW Karting

Nov 12, 2019
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Issac Teh
  22. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    who makes that?

23. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Have you not looked at this thread? Issac is doing his own design and getting parts made. SO, Issac will be doing it.

24. Mel Spillman

Mel Spillman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2012
    Sugar Land, Tx
    It is (or was) made by Ultimate Motorcars in Japan. They are very hard to deal with. Would love to find a set!!! Do you like them?