Ferrari 275P #0816 at Artcurial | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferrari 275P #0816 at Artcurial

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by Timmmmmmmmmmy, Aug 26, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gregmour

gregmour F1 Rookie

Dec 17, 2005
    Valréas / France
    Full Name:
    GREGORY
    Read on Anamera

Updated 2018 January 25 ... The heirs of Pierre Bardinon have informed Artcurial Motorcars that, due to the ongoing proceedings concerning the estate, they are suspending the sales agreement for the Ferrari 275P for Retromobile, signed with the Auction House on 31 July 2017

2. Timmmmmmmmmmy

Timmmmmmmmmmy F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2010
    NZ
    Full Name:
    Timothy Russell
    What the hell is going on with the family that makes withdrawing this Ferrari, rather than going ahead with the sale, the preferred option. Must be continuing questions around the value of the estate and what each individual heir gets as their share vis-a-vis estate taxes.

3. malcolmjl

malcolmjl Karting

Mar 27, 2014
    los angeles
    I imagine they had to pay a handsome penalty to cancel that consignment too. Why would they even consider going ahead with the consignment if there were still that many questions about ownership and taxes? Now everyone is left looking like a fool and everyone lost money.

Timmmmmmmmmmy likes this.
  4. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Very strange...

5. Timmmmmmmmmmy

Timmmmmmmmmmy F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2010
    NZ
    Full Name:
    Timothy Russell
    Not sure that there would be penalties and after all Artcurial will want the chance to offer further cars from the estate so will likely bend over backwards to remain the chosen auction house

Bowzer likes this.
  6. malcolmjl

malcolmjl Karting

Mar 27, 2014
    los angeles
    That's a fair point, I imagine Artcurial wont just eat all the marketing costs they put into this car though. A stand-alone catalog and hundreds of man hours would easily push the cost into six-figures so far. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out and if they'll offer the car again in the future.

7. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    From what I remember of the 335S saga, actually the French Government stipulates a French auction house has to have preference on the sale of assets that are being sold off to pay outstanding tax. So I don't know if they really do have to bend over backwards. On the other hand that preference might mean the penalties are waived in cases like this...who knows? (some here do...)