Ferrari 250 TR Replica Video | FerrariChat

Ferrari 250 TR Replica Video

Discussion in 'Recreations & Non-Period Rebodies' started by FarEastFerrari, Jul 14, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FarEastFerrari

FarEastFerrari Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2014
    Hong Kong, LA & NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Choi
  2. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    I liked the story. Love the guy's passion. I think it's nice he openly admits it's not a real car neither is it trying to impersonate one. I thought it was great.

3. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    At the end..is all about passion. Great story.

4. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    +1000

5. -K1-

-K1- Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2008
    Northern Italy
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Great video and car, hats off to him. It would be a blast to drive.

I can't help wondering how the factory will view this, non-Ferrari chassis with Ferrari badges etc. I can't imagine that they will like this.

6. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    I wonder what kind of chassis it has. And that story for the body was just glossed over..... Need more detail than "I found it in a warehouse and it was supposed to be on a real Ferrari"...

7. JasonMiller

JasonMiller F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 16, 2004
    Co Springs/ Texas
    Full Name:
    Jason Miller
    Remove the emblems and he has a bad ass race car with a Ferrari Engine, nothing wrong with that,

With the emblems its being passed off as real whether he intends to do that or not.

Looks like this was filmed in California, hes the type of guy I would love to meet and talk cars.

8. FarEastFerrari

FarEastFerrari Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2014
    Hong Kong, LA & NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Choi
    I believe he said in the video he fabricated the chassis from scratch based on the original design. He was the chief engineer for Delorean so he should know something about cars. He's basically created a frankenstein car with Ferrari parts with the chassis being built by himself. It's not a real 'Ferrari' but it's a heck of a lot more original than most replicars/tribute cars that are out there. If he ever wanted to sell it for reasonable money.. i.e. value of the parts+his time, I would love to buy it to appreciate it as a form of mechanical art. I guess other guys would as well.

9. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Got it.

Like I said I love the car but I wouldn't take it to Europe with Ferrari badges on...

10. 360modena2003

360modena2003 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2009
    Stunning - I also would not trade it for a real one.

11. pshep138

pshep138 Formula 3

Apr 20, 2013
    The Midwest
    That engine note... wow.

12. 360modena2003

360modena2003 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2009
    Those 365/400 engines could be bought for little money a few years back...now I don't know.

13. Christian.Fr

Christian.Fr Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    Great story, fantastic work, fantastic car.

14. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Fantastic. Love the car - and you have to admire the ability to re make something like a TR.

Guy I know - Jim Rose lives part time in Charlotte NC and England has a replica TR with a 250 GTE engine ... it is a fabulous car... other than Chassis numbers I'd defy anyone from telling it is a replica... even sitting in it. amazing car to drive and looks so good.

Jim works at Hulman & Moody where they do GT40's and TDF Mustangs...

15. Christian.Fr

Christian.Fr Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    Well it seems that someone tries to said him: it s a fake.
    I love the earliest reply!

Now I prefer the passion and honesty of this gentleman than the new generation of Ferrari customer.

16. davebuchner

davebuchner Formula 3

Jun 1, 2005
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Dave Buchner
    Just saw this video via the Classic and Sports Car website - and wondered if there was mention of it here. I think this guy's skill and enthusiasm are fantastic. I would love to own a car like that even if it wasn't built in Maranello.