Fernando in it up to his neck | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Fernando in it up to his neck

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Papa Duck, Sep 14, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 1_can_dream

1_can_dream F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    I've held my tongue, but after reading the FIA report McLaren and its drivers should lose all their points. Lewis I think was pretty innocent in this matter, however he did benefit from the team knowing Ferrari's strategy and probably getting notes about Alonso's setup who knew Ferrari's setup. Even with him being mostly innocent if he does win the title it's still tainted. Alonso should be banned for a year at least period, let anyone call MS a cheater but what Alonso and De La Rosa did is just beyond anything I even speculated about in this case.

2. Tobias

Tobias Formula 3

May 22, 2004
    NY
    I've only been watching F1 for a few years. Are McL now the biggest cheats in the sport's history?

3. ferraridude615

ferraridude615 F1 Veteran

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    I'd say second biggest cheats next to the Black Sox Scandal. Throwing the World Series is pretty low.

4. ferraridude615

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    +1, HES BANNED CURRENTLY :D

5. Tobias

Tobias Formula 3

May 22, 2004
    NY
    Yeah, that was pretty bad. I'm talking just F1 though.

6. ferraridude615

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    I know back in the mid 90's Bennetton was doing some shady stuff when Schumi was on the team.

7. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    Geez, what the hell is this a soap opera? I don't even have an opinion anymore. If FA did what people are saying he did then he's officially an ******* in my book. That being said i don't think i buy the story fully. The British press want LH to win the title. If i were RD i'd fire Alonso now if the story proves to be true. I also doubt LH didn't know anything about it either. He was just smart enough not to have it in emails.

8. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank
    These guy are not completely stupid. Why do you think it was leaked a few weeks ago that Lewis was "copying Alonsholes' set up" The FIA, Mosly and the WMSC all knew what was happening more than 5 weeks ago. It just took them that long to iron out a deal behind closed doors. They had to come to an agreement on what punishment was going to be handed out without hurting the WDC. Thats why they sent the letters to the drivers and offered them imunity. They knew that there was no way they could come to an agreement in just one day so they took care of everything in the last 5 weeks. Yesterdays meeting in Paris was just a show put on for us, the fans.

9. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

They cheat and still lose .

10. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    seriously, who are the black sox ??

outside of the US NOBODY would know about it, whatever it is ?

F1 at least transcends the oceans

11. Tobias

Tobias Formula 3

May 22, 2004
    NY
  12. gareeb

gareeb Karting

Nov 30, 2005
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Garee
    Alonso is going to have a contract out on his head.

13. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    "Gee, didn't the pit crew put a wheel nut on the left rear?"

It's not like it'd hurt McLaren's WCC points to have Alonso DNF a few times.

(But since the FOM monies from points they would have gotten get deducted from the fine, I don't imagine that'll happen.)

The bizzaro part is the notion that McL is fined 100Mil and excluded from the WCC because the car gained competitive advantage, but the drivers can still take the WDC, using that same tainted car. :rolleyes:.

I can see the record books now: 2007, Winner: None.

14. Nate Johnson

Nate Johnson Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2006
    USA
    He's smarmy but right.

15. Nate Johnson

Nate Johnson Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2006
    USA
    It was a WORLD Series scandal.

16. peter5

peter5 Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2005
    NoVa
    So here's an interesting question: who replaces FA next year at McLaren? I assume they would want somebody with experience, but want somebody to block for LH. I don't think Fisi would be a good option. If they could go young I'd say they would take Nico, but I think they want experience that can help with setup. Coulthard maybe, or is he too far past his prime? RB is sick of playing second fiddle.

Peter

17. phylotic

phylotic Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 20, 2007
    US/EU
    Full Name:
    Gheorghe
  18. cantsleepnk

cantsleepnk Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2005
    Detroit, MI
    Full Name:
    Nick
  19. Chaos

Chaos Formula 3

Sep 29, 2004
    Cardiff. UK
    Full Name:
    Nick.
    from the wikipedia article

sounds like a north american series to me :p

20. Chaos

Chaos Formula 3

Sep 29, 2004
    Cardiff. UK
    Full Name:
    Nick.
    not nice is it.
    especially not when it seems he and 2 other staff members colluded to break the rukes and thusd cause the scandal (on the McLaren side)

21. Chaos

Chaos Formula 3

Sep 29, 2004
    Cardiff. UK
    Full Name:
    Nick.
    if FA goes (and i hope he does) then id like to see Jenson Button take the seat

22. Tobias

Tobias Formula 3

May 22, 2004
    NY
    How any team would want to pick Alonso up in 2008 after this is beyond me, despite his talent.

23. cantsleepnk

Dec 29, 2005
    Detroit, MI
    Full Name:
    Nick
    Exactly. Someone else made the observation that FA should have told RD about the emails during the FIRST meeting in July but he didn't. Instead he sat on the information until the circumstances warranted revealing such emails to advance his own agenda.

Ron went to the first meeting and looked Max Mosley in the eye and denied having any other Ferrari info except the 780 pages. I sort of feel sorry for RD but he should have been in better control of his people.

More here

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/62396

24. peter5

peter5 Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2005
    NoVa
    Has Renault even secured Fisi for next year yet? I think Flavio has been working on this for a while. I think FA will be at Renault next year - actually I hope he is. Hopefully LH is good at car development. If BMW advances just a little more over the break then we could have one hell of a season next year.

Peter

25. cantsleepnk

Dec 29, 2005
    Detroit, MI
    Full Name:
    Nick
    No Fisi is still hanging. Carlos Ghosn made the comment a couple of weeks back that Renault was not going to shell big bucks for Fernando. But you never know maybe Flavio will pitch in to have his son back.