Fernando Alonso Future | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Fernando Alonso Future

Discussion in 'F1' started by 444sp, Jun 23, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Yes, any major team other than the Scuderia. We've been down that road. It didn't work. It won't work. He needs to go home to Renault.

2. Hollywood-GP

Hollywood-GP Karting

Jun 15, 2015
    McLaren would need time to design a car for the Mercedes power unit, and Mercedes needs time to develop and manufacture the power units. It was this time last year when Mercedes said they could not add and additional customer team.

3. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    #28 Whisky, Jun 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
    Besides Vettel, who? (refresh my memory)

I don't have rose-colored glasses, Alonso WAS fast - 10 years ago.
    It's time to move on to something else, some have the type of talent
    to race in WDC cars, and some don't, I am not so sure he does.

Look at some drivers with nearly the same statistics, and each of them
    have different driving styles: Piquet, Lauda, Prost and Senna.

4. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    So Alonso will go to Renault F1 in 2021.

[SportBild]

Alonso: "Ferrari is the most legendary team in F1 and it is special to drive for them. Even though I didn't win the title, it was a very positive experience for me. I think Sebastian will also have good memories of Ferrari, even if he didn't win the title with them."

Alonso: "I think we [Seb and myself] both lacked the right car and the technical capabilities at the right moment."

Alonso: "When you sign for Ferrari, you expect to win the title. Vettel will have thought after four titles that he could win another one with Ferrari. But sometimes you are not lucky at the right moment, and so opportunities pass by."

5. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    The story of almost everyone's life.

6. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Imagine if Ferd starts crying for a Honda powerplant!

jgonzalesm6 and william like this.
  7. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    What Honda power plant !

8. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    #33 375+, Oct 5, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
    That plea was (un)answered at Indianapolis--twice.

pilotoCS likes this.
  9. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    E60 M5, stavura and 375+ like this.
  10. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    E60 M5, Wikdstrate and 375+ like this.
  11. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Same crap, just older and slower....

crinoid likes this.
  12. Beau365

Beau365 Formula 3

Feb 27, 2005
    Congested London
    Full Name:
    Beau

A podium in '21 would be quite some achievement

13. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    If the Renault is a sgood as this one, i wouldn't be surprised, talent was never his problem...

14. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Alonso: Renault F1 car "outperforming me" on filming day

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Fernando Alonso admitted that "the car is outperforming me at the moment" after making his Formula 1 return with Renault in a filming day at Barcelona.

The two-time world champion, who will end an F1 sabatical dating back to the end of the 2018 season when he replaces McLaren-bound Daniel Ricciardo next year, drove 100kms with this year's R.S.20 model in what was officially classed as a promotional event.

It was the two-time world champion's first F1 outing since a two-day test with McLaren in Bahrain in April 2019 and despite the limited running, Alonso described the mileage as "very special".

"It has been a very good day in Barcelona, our filming day," he said in a video interview.

"Only 100kms, but for me they were very special, getting back to an F1 car and to the team.

"The feeling was good. I think the car is obviously outperforming me at the moment, because I cannot extract the maximum from the car.

"Getting back to the F1 speed is not so easy. I was improving lap after lap, and trying to give feedback to the engineers.

"Also we had some filming to do, so there were cameras, there were drones following on track. So it was hard pressure, hard work today.

"I think the car has potential, as we see every weekend. But still some room to improve, as we know, and we'll try to do it in the shorter term."

Alonso admitted that he had to work on his physical condition as he prepares for 2021, but said the process of adjustment would not be as great as for the Dakar Rally and Indianapolis 500.

"With the F1 it's a little bit easier, because it's the thing that I've been driving all my life," he said.

"After 18 years in F1 and now getting back, it's true you are missing a little bit the braking points, how quick all the corners arrive, braking performance, cornering speed performance, there are many things that I need to get used to again.

"The neck is OK after 100kms, but I will tell you tomorrow! Maybe a little bit of pain.

"So far it has been good, but I know that I need to keep working."

Alonso, who claimed the 2005 and 2006 titles with Renault, added that "we will need a bit of time" to build up the working relationship with a team he last drove for in 2009, and get the settings in the car attuned to his preferences.

"All those kinds of things, we will need a bit of time," he said.

"We are using this part of 2020 and also the winter of next year to build the momentum."

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/152784/renault-f1-car-outperforming-alonso-on-filming-day

DF1 likes this.
  15. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Read the report above. I expect FA to be good but not exactly as ˋsharp´ as the past. Will be an interesting evolution.

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  16. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    2 Renault team members test positive for COVID-19 during the filming day at Spain.

17. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Less than perfect bubble appearing

18. RWatters

RWatters Formula 3

Feb 21, 2006
    Kansas
    The same was the case at the Indy 500. Granted he lacked experience going into the race, but it was a fairly consistent issue throughout the entire event that didn't improve as much as one would expect with Alonso.

DF1 likes this.
  19. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Im no fan, however, he seems very driven to perform again, I see at least one lucky podium in his future.
    Look at Ric, he got it in there.