Fernando Alonso Future | FerrariChat

Fernando Alonso Future

Discussion in 'F1' started by 444sp, Jun 23, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 444sp

444sp Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2016
  2. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
  3. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Is kind of bleak.

4. vinuneuro

vinuneuro F1 Rookie

May 6, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Vig
    +1

5. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
  6. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    JUNE 28, 2017

Ecclestone tells Ferrari to sign Alonso

Bernie Ecclestone has advised Ferrari to consider a familiar face if it has a vacancy to fill for 2018.

Fernando Alonso's manager Flavio Briatore has said this week that, although the Spaniard appeared to burn his Ferrari bridges, the 35-year-old in fact only ever clashed with departed boss Marco Mattiacci.

So when asked who Ferrari should sign if the team has a vacancy for 2018, former F1 supremo Ecclestone answered: "Alonso, of course.

"He is one of the best F1 drivers of all time," he told the Spanish newspaper ABC.

Meanwhile, Italy's La Gazzetta dello Sport reports that Ferrari has in fact got a 'verbal agreement' in place with Daniel Ricciardo in the event Sebastian Vettel leaves Maranello.

7. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

History has proven many times that in F1 written contracts are often not worth the paper they are printed on, so I wouldn't hold my breath about a verbal agreement !!!

8. Beau365

Beau365 Formula 3

Feb 27, 2005
    Congested London
    Full Name:
    Beau
    Red Bull. Alonso and Max.

9. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    I believe Ricci already denied this last week.

10. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    All the precedents make that unlikely: RB doesn't recruit former WDCs - it grows them!!!

11. Beau365

Beau365 Formula 3

Feb 27, 2005
    Congested London
    Full Name:
    Beau
    Both RB cars being equal, Ricci knows but will never admit it publicly, that Max is faster. Ricci's only chance of beating Max and possibly the WDC in a fair fight is in a rival car.

12. Beau365

Beau365 Formula 3

Feb 27, 2005
    Congested London
    Full Name:
    Beau
    RB also crave publicity. At the right price, anything in F1 is possible.

13. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Maybe but so far Ricci is clocking up the points so far this year.I would really like to see him at Ferrari 2018.

14. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Faster doesn't always mean best, and there is more to becoming a WDC than being a daredevil on the track.

Max way look quick, but he also makes lots of mistakes and gets involved in many fracas.

Compared to Ricciardo, Max is more volatile, less composed and it show in the results.

How many points has Max so far this year compared to Ricciardo?

15. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    OK, tell me when was the last time Red Bull recruited a driver who hasn't gone through Toro Rosso first?

When is the last time RB recruited a former WDC?

Red Bull makes their own publicity and grows its own talents: that's the ethos of the company.

Alonso wouldn't fit in that model. For a start, he would probably be asking far more than they are willing to pay a driver. Even 4 times WDC Vettel never received what Alonso is alleged to ask for!!!

16. Beau365

Beau365 Formula 3

Feb 27, 2005
    Congested London
    Full Name:
    Beau
    Never.
    But that's the beauty of F1, there's a first time for everything. F1 now even has a moustached American running it.

17. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Well, when Red Bull signs Alonso, we will talk about it.

Until then, it's only pipe dream ...

18. Beau365

Beau365 Formula 3

Feb 27, 2005
    Congested London
    Full Name:
    Beau
    As a reckless teenager, Max demonstrated great composure to win in Barcelona with a charging Kimi up his chuff.

19. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Bernie needs to shut up. The Scuderia finally starts to get their act together and this troll makes this type of suggestion to sign Alonso the toxic wasteland that would destroy the team.

20. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Doesn't really paint an accurate picture, that...

Just the last 4 races alone:
    Spain DNF due to being hit by Raikkonen via Bottas. He didn't squeeze anyone, just deeply unlucky. He was ahead of Ric and faster all weekend
    Monaco: Poor strategy on Red Bulls part cost him a third place, he was faster all weekend than Ric
    Canada: Faster than Ric, 2nd in the race and the car dies
    Baku: Has been fastest all weekend, was about to take 3rd until the engine pooped itself. Would've translated in an easy win

21. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

LH is no better and Vettel was not the most pleasant person at Red Bull. They are all disruptive some more than others.

FA is a great driver. Id be happy to see him at any major F1 team. He has more than earned my respect this year and he is highly entertaining on the radio as well :)

22. Hollywood-GP

Hollywood-GP Karting

Jun 15, 2015
    I doubt McLaren gets Mercedes power, they would have announced by now that means Alonso is leaving. I am sure he would take any offer from Ferrari or Mercedes, but does either team want or need him? Renault would be the next best option for him, I am sure they would take him over Palmer, and they could afford to pay him big money.

23. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    I dispute the assertion that a McLaren/Mercedes deal would have been announced by now, no big announcements before the summer break. Both Hamilton and Vettel would veto Alonso as a teammate. I think that Fernando would take a substantial pay cut to stay in F1 in a competitive team.

24. yaddi yaddi yaddi yaddi.

25. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Alonso and Ricci would be a strong team for Ferrari if Seb left but why would Seb go anywhere? Seb and Alonso would be awesome too. I'd welcome FA back.