ferari crash in bedford ny | FerrariChat

ferari crash in bedford ny

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by ttforcefed, May 29, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
  2. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Thoughts and prayers to the occupants of that vehicle! Hope they are OK. Looks like that car had quite a bit of energy....

3. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    sounds like the 2 guys are recovering!

4. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    From LoHud website:
    BEDFORD - Police said a teenager was driving drunk when he crashed a Ferrari on a Bedford farm early Memorial Day.

Two teenagers were seriously injured when the Ferrari they were in rolled over multiple times from South Bedford Road onto a farm around 1 a.m. Monday near Clark Road, Bedford police said.

Firefighters had to pull both young men from the mangled wreck, and the pair were taken to Westchester Medical Center, police said. South Bedford Road, also known as Route 172, was closed while police investigated.

The driver, 19, has been charged with driving while intoxicated. Police said as of early Tuesday the charge was a misdemeanor, but the crash remains under investigation.

5. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    bad mix of circumstances

6. smooth

smooth Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2005
    Bedford Daily Voice® - - Update:
    A Bedford teen who lost control of a 2001 Ferrari he was driving on Route 172 early Monday and flipped numerous times, landing in the field of a horse farm, has been charged with driving while intoxicated, Bedford Police said.

Jake Schaevitz, 19, was charged while still a patient at Westchester Medical Center, said Bedford Police Sgt. Rich Herbert.

7. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Hope he's OK. Question I have is did daddy let him take the car out for a drive?

8. hvdaytona

hvdaytona Karting

Nov 8, 2015
    I was thinking that as well

9. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
  10. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #10 msdesignltd, May 31, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. dflett

dflett Formula 3

Jun 24, 2005
    NY
    Full Name:
    David

So it's not just me

12. Rags747

Rags747 Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2005
    New York
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Saw all of the burned down flares Mon am and said to myself something bad happened here and then read it in the local news. The passenger evidently took the worst of it...hopefully both recover without too many ramifications. Tough being 19 with a powerful car and alcohol, not all of us unfortunately make it through unscathed.

13. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Spoke to someone who knows both kids. Both will recover.

14. mrmanny599

mrmanny599 Rookie

Apr 6, 2017
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Manuel
    Any body know what FERRARI they were driving

15. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    From the wheels on the pictures I'd say a 360 Modena, which would also be consistent with the quoted 2001 MY.

16. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Overall it's just sad. The greatest destroyer of wealth is wealth.

17. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Remnants of that car will probably end up on the inventory shelves of Co-Part. Glad the two kids are going to be OK.

18. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    If it wasn't so sad it would be comical. The newscaster says "a Ferrari lost control and went off the road". No, the driver lost control.

We are getting further and further away from folks taking responsibility for their actions.

19. Dai Baracca

Dai Baracca Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    Ain't that the truth....those kids were lucky....their stupidity did not cost them or anyone else their lives...just a car..Thank God.
    I remember a while back in Florida a kid took his father's E60 M5, loaded it with his friends and snuck onto a private airfield by where they all live...car got airborne...all dead!..tragic to say the least...

20. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    There was a blurb on the news tonight where AAA says we have just entered the most deadly 100 days for teen drivers:

"Deadly crashes involving teens spike by 15 percent during the summer break, also known as the “100 Deadliest Days of Teen Driving,” AAA said. Teens, who are more inexperienced drivers, are three times more likely to be involved in fatal accidents than adults, especially between Memorial and Labor days, when there are more of them on the road."

Source: '100 Deadliest Days of Teen Driving' Have Begun: AAA | NBC Bay Area '100 Deadliest Days of Teen Driving' Have Begun: AAA | NBC Bay Area

21. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    A guy buys his kid a new Maxima for graduation. Three weeks later the kid poles it; its totaled. The father goes back to the dealership and with the insurance money, buys another Maxima for the kid. Three weeks later he totaled that one.

The father goes back to the dealership and the salesman asks if he wants another Maxima. No, the father replies. I think I just need a car that will last three weeks.

22. klointheridge

klointheridge Karting

Jun 5, 2017
    Westchester Cty, NY
    Full Name:
    Kevin Long
    From what I hear...I'm pretty sure you are correct on the 360 part...

23. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Two drunk teenager in a ferrari at 1am on country road. What could possibly go wrong.