fender shields | FerrariChat

fender shields

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by zman, Mar 16, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. zman

zman Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario
    Should I install fender shields and if so which ones and where to get

dedo tanzi likes this.
  2. ArtS

ArtS F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Central NJ
    NO!

Regards,

Art S.

3. open roads

open roads F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Sarasota, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Stan
    No. Don't do it. It's all wrong for the car.

I would seriously doubt that any of them had them in period. These only became a scene kind of thing well after the day of these cars.

These are classics these days and it's just all wrong.

They are much prettier when the design doesn't have the distraction.

4. fez1238

fez1238 Karting

Sep 5, 2007
    1,000s NO hs

I remember the story of the 5* hotel doorman ignoring all the other cars and opening the door of the Ferrari 400 and allowing him to park outside the door.

The car exudes class and understatement the shields will destroy the image.

5. zman

zman Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario
    that's what I thought and was just asking as I saw others with them and it didn't look right

6. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    They,if you look back on the history,were generally attached to competition cars only.

The fact that most hairdressers put them on their 360's and 328's doesn't mean it's correct!

7. jacques

jacques Formula Junior

May 23, 2006
    Los Angeles/Florida
    It would seem to me...that puting stickers that were originally intended to designate a racing vehicle, where the 400's are the very essence of touring vehicles, show the height of insecurity....That would be like Sofia Loren getting breast enhancement.... Over..Jq.

8. Faber

Faber Formula Junior

May 5, 2011
    TX Hill Country
    Full Name:
    Tom G.
    Haha. Nix on the boob stickers then...I immediately removed 2 decals off the GT after I closed with the seller...(-*

9. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    I'm of the opinion if it's your car and you want shields on it why not? At least then the average person on the street will know it's a Ferrari. :)

dedo tanzi likes this.
  10. rustytractor

rustytractor Formula 3

Mar 25, 2012
    London
    Full Name:
    Russell Schacter
    I like shields on the 400 but personally wouldn't fit them as I prefer the car the way it left the factory.

It's your car, if you like them fit them.

dedo tanzi likes this.
  11. It's Ross

It's Ross Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Barrington, Ill. USA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    Scuderia shields do not belong on anything other than the factory's competition cars.
    ^This is my opinion which has been solicited.
    I'm also well aware that Ferrari is more than willing to cash your check if you wish to apply them to a road car.

12. zman

zman Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario
    Did the 1984 400i have the front grille prancing horse on it from factory?
    I seen some with them and some without and not sure what year.

13. It's Ross

It's Ross Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Barrington, Ill. USA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    No, again.
    400s don't scream "I'm a Ferrari" which is precisely, for me anyway, what is attractive about them.
    If ostentation is your bag the 400 isn't a good choice, it confuses more than it impresses the "civilians".

14. rustytractor

rustytractor Formula 3

Mar 25, 2012
    London
    Full Name:
    Russell Schacter
    Agreed but whatever floats your boat is ok - let's face it, it's only a car at the end of the day.

dedo tanzi likes this.
  15. 180 Out

180 Out Formula 3

Jan 4, 2012
    San Leandro, CA
    Full Name:
    Bill Henley
    What I'm finding, in my sixth month of putting my '83 400i on the road, is that most people don't seem to notice this unusual car in their midst. But those who do recognize that this is indeed a Ferrari they're looking at, usually ascribe to it a very high set of performance capabilities. When I have responded, it's usually in the form of an honest appraisal of what you would expect from a car with a 293 cubic inch, 310 horsepower engine, a curb weight of 4200 lbs, and a 1:1 top gear. But now, after six months of this, I'm getting a little tired of my negativity and I'm starting to think it would be a better world all around if I were to play along, and agree with the person's enthusiastic expectations. After all, it's a very unusual experience to see a Ferrari on the road, and I have happy memories of the few times it's happened to me. So why should I diminish that experience when it's being enjoyed by others? Would it be wrong not to correct the mistaken impressions that such people share with me? I'm beginning to think that it would not. What do you other owners think, and what do you do in these situations?

16. zman

zman Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario
    Man,

This car looks way better in real life than in pictures. The more I look at the car, the more I like it.
    The overall package is extremely gratifying. Yes, it's a long car but bot a very big car, very nice to sit behind the wheel.
    This car doesn't exude or scream Ferrari? Whoever says that is way, way wrong and whoever thinks that this car, looking at it at every angle, is a bottom line Ferrari, is way, way wrong.
    These cars will be in a few years, I think, no, I know a very sought after Ferrari vehicle to be placed among other vintage Ferrari's.

17. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    The 400 series Ferraris are sophisticated grand touring machines and are definitely on the sporting end of the spectrum when you consider top speed of 150 mph, 0-60 in 7.1 seconds (5 speed) and a very direct, taut, balanced and lithe for its size handling capability. The torque and sounds of the V12 are what usually tips off observers that this car has some potency to go along with its understated elegance.

This is not a car that screams "look at me, I'm a Ferrari", rather, it announces itself subtly through its four exhaust pipes, its hunkered down stance and its luxurious smelling leather interior. You can take it out on a Saturday morning cruise to nowhere wearing jeans and a sweatshirt but you can also take it to a fine restaurant with your SO and not feel as if you are still experiencing a midlife crisis.

For many people, not me, but for many, their first Ferrari has to be a red mid-engined two seater, and that is fine. Once you have gotten that out of your system, you are ready to graduate to the 400i even if you still want to keep the two seater in your stable.

The 400i's purpose is to please its owner and driver, not impress passersby. If you have one or drive one, you will understand.

18. dedo tanzi

dedo tanzi Karting

Dec 16, 2013
    Lugano - SUISSE
    Full Name:
    DEDO - Alfredo
    Cari Amici

100 test ... 100 idee

Il vero problema è 'un altro ... Lo scudetto originale in ottone smaltato, uno per lato, dal costo non indifferente, non starebbe male ... ma la curvatura dello stemma non si adatta alle nostre auto.

Non credo sia infamante applicarli al loro posto ...

Poi può piacere o non piacere, la mia 400 GT, 1978, carburatori 5 marce, l 'ho "trovata" con i cerchi TRX ed i paraurti azzurri, come tutta la vettura.

E mai mi sognerei di cambiare qualcosa ....;)

Perdonate se mi ostino a scrivere in italiano, Google aiuta ....
    ...non solo è la lingua madre del Canton TICINO, Svizzera, ma anche quella usata a ... MARANELLO :):):):):)

19. Manda racing

Manda racing Formula 3

Feb 25, 2015
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Put some nice stickers on and see how you like it.

dedo tanzi likes this.
  20. dedo tanzi

dedo tanzi Karting

Dec 16, 2013
    Lugano - SUISSE
    Full Name:
    DEDO - Alfredo
    [QUOTE = "Manda racing, post: 147484868, member: 175154"] Metti dei bei adesivi e guarda come ti piace. [/ QUOTE]

GRAZIE ...

... e speriamo non essere poi allontanato dal Forum....:D:D:D:D

21. dedo tanzi

dedo tanzi Karting

Dec 16, 2013
    Lugano - SUISSE
    Full Name:
    DEDO - Alfredo
  22. dedo tanzi

dedo tanzi Karting

Dec 16, 2013
    Lugano - SUISSE