[FDC] Ferrari/Exotics Track Day Proposed... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

[FDC] Ferrari/Exotics Track Day Proposed...

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Bmyth-FDC, Mar 24, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    Byron-
    Yeah, been a while. How've you been. Glad there's no sound limit, my little crap wagon's loud. She's running a little tired, but true. Not much of a street car anymore but that's how it goes and, yes, I'm still barking up the BW tree.

2. George H.

George H. Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 6, 2004
    Nipomo, CA
    Full Name:
    George Hoover
    Not only is it Fathers Day and Rodeo Drive, it's also the USGP!

3. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Hmmmm, so are we still up for this, boys?

B.

4. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian

I can't think of a better Fathers Day gift than a day at the track!

5. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Lets go to the track! Lets go to the track!

You can tape the USGP. Ferrari is getting killed anyway. To any real Ferraristi ... is there ever a car at a show that really surprises you? Half the really high end cars are just re-restorations of what you saw last year. Lets put it this way to anyone who has not been on a track...The track is just about the most fun yo can have with your cloths on!

Byron...I told you it would be like this. If you want to gage real seriousness just ask for refundable payment to reserve the tracktime and see who will step up to the plate.

6. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Haha... C, it's still on. There's been so much interest by email that I can't say no now! I'm finalizing the details with the track, etc...

I'll have final details up in the next few weeks... Hope to keep the cost to a minimum... but for a track like this, it's tough!

Thanks for the interest, guys... bring the DADS out... celebrate father's day Ferraristi style!

Byron

7. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal

B,

You can keep costs to a minimum with more car entries. I bet you will have to open up to non-Ferraris but you may bring out a few track damage fearful people by having this as a Ferrari only event. The average single day event out there from the various clubs run about $115-300 bucks. I have seen $600 days but then everyone drops out because they can buy a track weekend for 2-300 bucks with the likes of Alfa or speedventures etc. eventhough they get huge tracktime at 600bucks. Everyone wants to run hot and heavy the first session then the Italian cars start to break. These cars can be near bullet proof but it takes some minimal preparation. Most people will not do the prep and will pay the price in a short trackday. Then a whole other group of guys will just get plain tired because it takes lots of concentration to go your fastest on a track. So if you ever get 60 cars you will have 40 maybe running by days end. Start with 35 cars and have 15-20 running by the last sessions. I hope to see 40 Ferraris show up at this event.

8. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    If spiders are OK I'll give myself a 40% to 50% chance with my 348 but I am going to need FBB's prep list for my car for sure.

Cheers
    Kevin